Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Style Rentals

Options
  • 27-02-2023 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi all,

I have been living in ireland for several years. Unfortunately, I haven't had the opportunity to rent my own house yet. The biggest challenge for me as a teacher in this country is the rental market. Ever since I moved to Ireland, I've been sharing flats all the time. And I have faced the same problem in every house I have moved to: Heating and Shower. I've lived in different regions, with people from different socio-economic statuses, and they all have the same thing in common. If I was taking a shower for ten minutes or more this created a problem. Or if I wanted to use heating during the day, they were uncomfortable with it. Or they simply said no. I wonder, what is the source of this dramatic reaction of people in Ireland about bills despite their good income? Moreover, I do not want it for free, I pay my share. Recently my landlady had a claim that she could take shower in just four minutes! On the other hand, if I want to stay at home some days, "Don't you have a plan?" or "Aren't you going to work today?" she asks. Or exactly the same happened in other houses! I don't want to think that this is all part of Irish life, but I'm sure I find it really exhausting and restrictive. 

How can I go about this, could you support me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭herbalplants

Your post is in the wrong spot, you should have it moved to accommodation and property

Living the life

Advertisement