Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonabreany House or Tankardstown?

Options
  • 12-02-2024 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

We are having trouble deciding on Clonabreany or Tankardstown. I loved Clonabreany and had my heart set on it but the only thing holding me back is the minimum room requirement. We are having approx. 80 on a Thursday in October 25. Clonabreany is E130 per head but also want a minimum of 32 rooms to be filled. We are worried about this as we only live about 40 mins away so find it hard to see how we will fill all the rooms. If we dont fill them we will be left with the balance which will be huge expense.

We also like Tankardstown house. While just over an hour away, it is stunning and is E115 per head for a Thursday with a requirement to fill 6 rooms in the main house which knocks off the pressure. I went to look at it a few weeks ago and although it is stunning I feel like its not as nice as Clonabreany. Although I could just feel that way because I had my heart set.

Im interested in hearing peoples opinions on this. If anyone has been to a wedding in either could they please share their experience as this would be very helpful. Many thanks x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

32 Rooms isn't a lot to fill. Bridal party, parents, etc is 10 straight away. Then you only have to find 12 guests that are staying each side. That's nothing between family and friends.

Some people might take the 40 min trip home. But that means, either no drinking and driving home. OR getting a lift down with somebody staying and getting a 100 euro taxi home. Some will, but it won't be the norm imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭pooch90

From what I can remember the guest accomodation was very higgildy piggidly with some rooms having to share bathrooms etc, which is fine if you all know each other but it put us off.

Advertisement