Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Land registry mapping

Options
  • 16-04-2024 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am helping a friend out with preparing a land registry map. Some changes are to be made to an existing land holding. The land is all contained in one existing folio. However, the area of rural land involved does not fit onto a single A3 size paper map from Tailte Éireann at a scale of 1:2500. Am I correct in assuming that making out the land over two maps would not be accepted for registry purposes and if so, may I ask, what do people do in such a case?

Thanks,

Certified

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,824 ✭✭✭✭muffler

What type of map are you using? Did you get a certified copy from TE?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Certified

I looked into getting an A3 'land registry compliant' map from TE at 1:2,500 scale but the land holding is just slightly too big to all fit onto it at that scale. When I went to get a certified copy of the folio and map for the land holding via the PRA website, I'm met with the following "the map may be printed at a scale that is not suitable for registration purposes".

Ring the mapping agents in Land Direct and discuss with them. They are very helpful and will advise you as to how to proceed. Just to note that you can map property at 1:5000 scale providing the OS detailing remains unchanged.

Post edited by muffler on

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Certified

Thanks Muffler, I have contacted PRAI and I am just waiting to hear back now.

They will keep you right. Ive had to contact them a few times over the years and I was always impressed with the service and advice provided.

• Advertisement
Advertisement