Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hedgerow Positioning

Options
  • 22-04-2024 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

I've recently acquired about 2.5 acres of land that I am planning to convert to a traditional hay meadow / semi-natural grassland. I also want to plant native hedgerow around the perimeter of the field.

There are houses with boundary walls adjacent to the field, and there is a field on another side with a dry stone wall and sheep in it.

I'm just wondering - as a first time hedge planter - should I plant the hedge close to the drystone wall or say, a metre out from it in order to make it easier to maintain with occasional trimming?

Generally any advice about how to not regret where or how I plant the hedgerow would be appreciated!

Advertisement