Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pregnant with Twins

Options
  • 23-04-2024 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

hi all, have been trying to research online but finding it difficult to find answers

wife is pregnant with twins and we’re not really sure what the risk percentages etc are. We have two little ones at home and all was very straightforward but with twins it’s very hard to know at what stage is the greatest risk etc

anyone know what the likelihood is of a failed pregnancy in comparison with a normal pregnancy?

I realise anything shred here isn’t medical advice

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I doubt anyone can really answer that.It's probably got a lot of variables - how far along is she, does she have any pre-existing conditions, has anything problematic been identified in scans on either twin.....

My own limited knowledge suggests they tend to take twins out early and they seem to be mostly done by C-section, but that is anecdotal to be honest, and outside of that it seems to be case of monitor as it goes along and see how it goes.

Advertisement