Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thoughts on UFC 93 (17th Jan, Dublin)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Still waiting on that newsletter, but luckily I have an O2 phone so, block B for me

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

The newsletter arrived last Thursday so anyone waiting on it is unlikely to get it at this stage, chances are you only signed up to it this month to get tickets and arent on the system till next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,824 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Alright lads, quite a casual fan of the MMA but really started to get into it good bit as of late. But anyway was chatting to my brothers and seems like this event is a must. Anyways l'm pretty skint at the moment, with the amount of gigs etc so was wondering what do you think is the best seats at the €75 price mark. Are we better in the center up top L or nearer to the ring section A. Your two cents please.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Alright lads, quite a casual fan of the MMA but really started to get into it good bit as of late. But anyway was chatting to my brothers and seems like this event is a must. Anyways l'm pretty skint at the moment, with the amount of gigs etc so was wondering what do you think is the best seats at the €75 price mark. Are we better in the center up top L or nearer to the ring section A. Your two cents please.

Thanks

Think its kinda hard to tell cos no one really knows as venue isnt up yet. Id say section L would be good. from few forums ive read centre up is always good view with tiered seating.

Amazing the jump of tickets that have gone in last few days. What recession :D

I would have said A myself, but no matter, your gonna end up watchin a big screen anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Shadow-Lord

Has everyone received the code from UFC Fan Club. Still waiting on mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

dunkamania wrote: »
    I would have said A myself, but no matter, your gonna end up watchin a big screen anyways.

Exactly, which is why i bagged me a €75 seat! :D Was front row for UFC 72 but still ended up watching a lot of the screens just for more angles.

Either way the atmosphere will be exactly the same.
    Seeya there folks. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭RNCFAN

Got tickets for Block C - looks close to the action but like most said will prolly end up looking to the big screen to see more.

It's gonna be f'cking great! :D

I'm not buyin tickets for a while. I just dont have the money. I'm running the risk of missing out but fingers crossed that doesnt happen.

The demand won't be too bad, plus they havent started hyping it yet.... but I just didnt want to take the risk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 rorymac74

Marcus Davis' father is from waterford, that is why he claims to have irish connections, because he does. Hope he is on the card. Have another 50min before tickets go on sale to gen public!

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

Has everyone received the code from UFC Fan Club. Still waiting on mine.

If you joined the UFC fight club they dont send u a code. U have to sign into ur account and click on the events tab, ur personal code should be there

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Charlie3dan

Yea I went for the €75 tickets cos ya always end up watching the big screen.
    This will be my first time at a UFC show can't frickin wait!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

I got €75 ones in the top tier but looking straight down into the cage. one of my mates was a contractor in the construction of the place and he reckons no matter where you are in the place you'll have a good view but that the sections on the extreme edges of the bottom tier might go home with a sore neck as those seats are directed at the stage, not the floor where the cage will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ckarsenal

Got the 75 euro seats myself so hopefully have a decent view of the action.. Hopefully plenty of vicious knockouts we're going to witness...
    Just a quick question though,are u-18s allowed in to this event?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

ckarsenal wrote: »
    Got the 75 euro seats myself so hopefully have a decent view of the action.. Hopefully plenty of vicious knockouts we're going to witness...
    Just a quick question though,are u-18s allowed in to this event?

Depends on how far under 18's it is. If you're talking about bringing young children, i'd say you wouldn't have a hope in hell. Of course, Bisping did have his kid with him at his fight recently, might make MMA more child friendly. ;)

Not sure how that thought would go down well in the MMA community though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

friends of mine went for the 250euro ringside seats.
    I think I'll watch it on TV.
    I don't think I could sit in the O2 and listen to ola ola ola from 10,000 drunk Dubs! lol Italia 90 was 18 years ago!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Depends on how far under 18's it is. If you're talking about bringing young children, i'd say you wouldn't have a hope in hell. Of course, Bisping did have his kid with him at his fight recently, might make MMA more child friendly. ;)

Not sure how that thought would go down well in the MMA community though...

There were plenty of kids in the crowd on Saturday so I couldn't see it being a problem. Got tickets for 175 euro for me and my OH, would have went for the upper tier ones but couldn't seem to get any decent ones. Really looking forward to it, going out on the Friday then UFC on the Saturday should be a good weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ckarsenal

Cheers for info... Yea he's 16 so should be no problem there. Cant wait now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

ROC1977 wrote: »
    I don't think I could sit in the O2 and listen to ola ola ola from 10,000 drunk Dubs! lol Italia 90 was 18 years ago!!!

or ole even :p (allez if you want to go back further in time)

trying to remember who was fighting when the mexican wave started up at 85, anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

trying to remember who was fighting when the mexican wave started up at 85, anyone?

Davis vs Swick, nothing was happening

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ

Lads there have been a few stray posts about a certain pro wrestling event which is on around the same time as this event. This event cannot be discussed or mentioned so please refrain from it or the thread will have to be closed and nobody wants that.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Tyler MacDurden

Well after much dithering I've finally got my six tickets. Looks like there will be a good few boardsies in the €75 seats. I was all for shelling out for the €175s but when my some of my faint-hearted companions saw "Total charges - €1088" on the screen there was a sudden hasty retreat. (Not to mention the spontaneously melting credit card.)

Anyhow, I reckon that it'll be a great show no matter where you end up. The atmosphere in Belfast was fantastic, hopefully Dublin will surpass that.

On a related note, does anyone know where the weigh-ins will be? At the venue I presume? Though I have a feeling that might be restricted to UFC Fight Club members. Would be nice to make a weekend of it - weigh-ins, event... and maybe infiltrate an after-party or two. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Well after much dithering I've finally got my six tickets. Looks like there will be a good few boardsies in the €75 seats. I was all for shelling out for the €175s but when my some of my faint-hearted companions saw "Total charges - €1088" on the screen there was a sudden hasty retreat. (Not to mention the spontaneously melting credit card.)

Anyhow, I reckon that it'll be a great show no matter where you end up. The atmosphere in Belfast was fantastic, hopefully Dublin will surpass that.

On a related note, does anyone know where the weigh-ins will be? At the venue I presume? Though I have a feeling that might be restricted to UFC Fight Club members. Would be nice to make a weekend of it - weigh-ins, event... and maybe infiltrate an after-party or two. :D

Anyone can go to the weigh ins but fight club members will get in an hour before hand for the Q&A.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭nah_biy!

Can some one just help me out. I handed over some cash to my mates and they got tickets. Originally we were going for the €130 tickets, I think they got the ones for €80. Any idea of the quality of view. Rather not watch the entirity of it on a jumbotron.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Maldini2706

nah_biy! wrote: »
    Can some one just help me out. I handed over some cash to my mates and they got tickets. Originally we were going for the €130 tickets, I think they got the ones for €80. Any idea of the quality of view. Rather not watch the entirity of it on a jumbotron.

Like I said, there's not a bad seat in the house. You end up watching a lot of the ground action on the big screen anyway just because it's hard to see what's going on from a distance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭OpenEnded

when do people think this will sell out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

yeah i got about four of the €75 for the UL MMA club. really looking forward to this, it will be my first UFC. Apparently you never forget your 1st time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Maldini2706

It probably won't completely sell out, they'll be left with the €250 tickets

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

OpenEnded wrote: »
    when do people think this will sell out?

UFC in the UK dont actually sell out.

Advertisement