Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a classic and took a pic thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

MercMad wrote: »

Thats an '84 UK reg'd Granada AFAIK, no mystery, though why he stuck the "V8" badge on the bootlid is !

I think it might be a V6 badge as it has the 2.8 L Cologne engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

I saw an awful lot of classic over the last few days, Here :D:D

btw, beside the Merc museum, there's a dealership, now selling 'Young Classics'. Fancy a '90's 190 Cosworth ? Of course you do, and direct from the factory shop, wouldn't that be cool :cool: Yes, and so's the price - Eur 45k !! :eek: :eek:

Mind you, a mint SLC for 11k, and you could rent the W123 in the link for Eur 115 per day.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭okistag

DarenO wrote: »
    OkiStag

What's happened to all the Herald's and the few Vitesse's that were in the club, when i was a member that was the mainstay of the club, i joined back in 1987 (member of the year 1989, a proud moment for me), i see Danny Keating is still into his 2000's, 2.5's

Regards
    Darren

TCOCAGMTASSIEPOWERSCOURT29THMARC-54.jpg

Hi Darren

There a number of Heralds and Vitesse within the club but not everybody made it to the AGM or Photo shoot up in Powerscourt that day and some came to AGM late in the day.

Alot of them will be heading to Kerry for the 50th.

Yes Danny has the 2000 mk1 plus a TR4.

I did put a posting up a good while ago, about a Fiat 127 Sport that was in my family when new and often wondered if it was still about. I agree with most its doubtful. I found a picture of it only last night and thought i would post it. You never know might jog a memory.

I remember when we bought it new, froms Paul Fiat dealer in Bray. It was Black with orange strip down the side. The Reg was 900 MZE.

Heres the photo of it when new!!

Moms127sport001.jpg

I also have scanned in photos on to pc of some of my late fathers cars, AC Greyhound, E type, Healey, Bentley R type which Dicky rock bought of him. Triumph TR6. etc The Healey and Greyhound I had seen at Terenure one year.

I can post these photos if anyone is interested. Funny looking at black and white and then colour ones of them today.

Jack

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

esel wrote: »
    How come the Beetle has a 04 D reg? Brazilian or what? :confused:

It's not re-registered, it's a 2004 Última Edición (one of 3,000) from Mexico. Quite a few have been imported here. There's 2 "for sale" gathering dust in Arthur's Quay car park in Limerick. I don't know how they get 04 regs as they finished production in 2003 (they have "model years" there like in the US).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

okistag wrote: »
    I also have scanned in photos on to pc of some of my late fathers cars, AC Greyhound, E type, Healey, Bentley R type which Dicky rock bought of him. Triumph TR6. etc The Healey and Greyhound I had seen at Terenure one year.

I can post these photos if anyone is interested. Funny looking at black and white and then colour ones of them today.

Jack
    Nice pic jack,id like to see pics of the others,im sure al ot of others would too.old scanned pics are great.

Nice pic jack,id like to see pics of the others,im sure al ot of others would too.old scanned pics are great.

here are one or two for you.

AC GREYHOUND WHEN MY LATE FATHER OWNED IT
    DADS27.jpg

DADS29.jpg

DADS33.jpg

AS SEEN AT TERENURE

DADS25.jpg

DADS18.jpg

DADS17.jpg

DADS22.jpg

okistag wrote: »
    here are one or two for you.

AC GREYHOUND WHEN MY LATE FATHER OWNED IT

DADS29.jpg

I love it - the 'SOLD' sign on the house window behind it, that is !! Been a while since I've seen 'SOLD' on a house around here !! :D:D

P.S. Actually, the car isn't the only thing that's 'back in' - that style of house now coming across my desk again every now and then too. Funny old world !

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

DADS3.jpg

DADS2.jpg

3377ZL001.jpg

HIS E TYPE CZJ 496 OR 486 NOT SURE

DADS6.jpg

DADS7.jpg

HEALEY REG DZD 676 WHICH I ALSO SAW AT TERENURE

DADS34.jpg

WISH STILL HAD PEDAL CAR

DADS32.jpg

BENTLEY R TYPE DAD SOLD IT TO DICKY ROCK,
    I WILL TRY AND GET BETTER PICTURE AND SCAN IT IN.

DADS4.jpg

Wicked stuff jack!!Thanks for that!Must have been strange to see the car in terenure..

• Advertisement

Wicked stuff jack!!Thanks for that!Must have been strange to see the car in terenure..

Yes it was, could not believe my eyes and on the same to see the Healey too.
    DZD 676. Two of his cars at the show !! it was nice to see they are still around.

DADS34.jpg

DADS10.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭manta356

Re http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59649716&postcount=3370 (okistag)

I remember someone who owned one saying the 3 worst things you could have were aids,cancer or a Fiat 127:)redface.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Kevin_Herron

Excellent photographs Jack.

Your old man had great taste!

Your old man had great taste!
    Indeed!!

Indeed!!

I salute that man !!

And to think: now people think you can't have kids unless you have a 7-seater/MPV !!

See, sports cars + families are entirely compatible !! :D

Ode To The Motorist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Camarague

thegen wrote: »
    Porsche spotted in the underground carpark in Beacon. Bug in Flanagangans car park in Mount Merrion

I thought most people registered new beetles as 1970's ones, not the other way around...

I think that's one of the last Beetles built, in 2003. It looks like one, anyway.

Camarague wrote: »
    I thought most people registered new beetles as 1970's ones, not the other way around...
    Lol..:p

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭dutchcat

thanks for that okistag, brought back lots for me lookin at these :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

galwaytt wrote: »
    I salute that man !!

And to think: now people think you can't have kids unless you have a 7-seater/MPV !!

See, sports cars + families are entirely compatible !! :D

I always though that that was what the boot rack on a convertible was for............kids!!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

WOW those pics look great in B&W!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭carlosfandango

Excellent Post okistag,
    Some really fantastic pics there and a glimpse of what must have been an amazing introduction to these beautiful cars. Not classic then of course, but very special!

CFD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

Spotted In RathfarnhamBug.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Hey Jack many thanks for posting those fabulous pictures. It was great to see those superb cars and the environment they lived in back then. I see from the later pictures that the house matured nicely with a bit of greenery.

Do you mind me asking where that house is roughly, its quite like the one my folks moved to when I was born, in Rathfarnham.

I can imagine the thrill of seeing you father's cars at Terenure, doubt I'll ever see any of my fathers there. The most exotic he ever had was a new Capri 2000GT in 1971.

What colour was the AC when new, I've never seen one of those before in the flesh and must keep an eye out for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭VanhireBoys

Remember these the Alfa Romeo 1.5 Sprint ti 'Green Cloverleaf'. I seen this in Loughrea on Sunday last. They were a flat 4 with inboard disc brakes on the ends of the driveshafts. They had twin downdraught weber carbs and were a rusty, rusty, gas guzzling, ill mannered, troublesome heap of Italian scrap.

My Dad owned one and you couldnt change betwwen 5th to 4th you had to change from 5th to 3rd......! He put a piece of tape over the fuel guage and kept the light as the guage only depressed him. He went to jack it up one day and it was that rusty that it broke ahead of the bulkhead:eek:

I still loved it - what a car...! Good to see this well minded and very tidy one still on the road ...!
    3394632645_71f89ae35e.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

320i.jpg

Citroen.jpg

Citroen on Butterfield Drive.
    320 in Nutgrove SC

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Think this was posted before, but taken an hour ago in Beaumont hospital, white Mk1 Golf. Dunno if its a GTI, just snapped it whilst passing. No tax or insurance discs and appears to be full of parts / junk

GolfMk1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 jay ryan

Hi Mike65 i like the pictures you but up of all the cars you see on your travels!!
    id like to put some pictures of my cars on the blog but i dont know how.Could you tell me how to do it? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Camarague

thegen wrote: »

Citroen on Butterfield Drive.
    320 in Nutgrove SC

That's the second 2CV I've seen recently with a 1960's aluminium grill on it. It must be a new trend among the 2CV fraternity

• Registered Users Posts: 68,071 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I passed two well kept black MkII Golf's on the N6 today in the space of a minute or two - was there anything on that collectors would be going to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Camarague wrote: »

I think that's one of the last Beetles built, in 2003. It looks like one, anyway.

Yeah, definitely looks like an 'Ultima' beetle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Beetle#Phase-out_of_the_original_Beetle

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement