Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

If any of that sounds interesting to you BH you may well enjoy the flick.
    I just thought I'd throw one opinion out there from someone who had a blast watching it.

well despite the differing opinions I am leaning towards seing that in the next few days, although i know The Hangover is supposed to be awesome and Bruno could be quite a laugh, Public enemies is what i see as more of a Cinema movie (as in much better on the big screen like Terminator or Transformers recently woulda been) so if its worth seing id prob pick it over the others to go to.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I'm a huge Michael Mann fan so I really enjoyed Public Enemies, its a pity they didnt go into the Dillinger character a bit more like the fact he used to give away most of the money that wasnt really explored, it has an amazing shootout though, I thought the digital look would be distracting in a period piece but it worked well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Just watching the episode of CSI Tarentino wrote and directed a couple of years back, man that guy has a fukked up mind

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I need help....

I have a choice between a 40" LED (series 6) or an apple Macbook Pro, one of the new ones with the 7 hr battery, 250gig and 4gb memory, 15" screen.

Any thoughts?

CMpunked wrote: »
    I need help....

I have a choice between a 40" LED (series 6) or an apple Macbook Pro, one of the new ones with the 7 hr battery, 250gig and 4gb memory, 15" screen.

Any thoughts?

Whichever one you choose, can I have the other?! :D

• Advertisement

orestes wrote: »
    Just watching the episode of CSI Tarentino wrote and directed a couple of years back, man that guy has a fukked up mind

Terribly so.
    I think CBS has said that thats it when it comes to him doing guest directing on anything of theirs anymore.

Awesome :D

Gonna make it into a daily thing me thinks :cool:

Whichever one you choose, can I have the other?! :D

You can indeed Mr.O,

Of course, the reason i need the help is because i cant afford the two. :p:p

Terribly so.
    I think CBS has said that thats it when it comes to him doing guest directing on anything of theirs anymore.

Understandable, people being buried alive always freaks me out but when it's Tarentino behind it it's just terrifying, the guy is a sick genius
    Gonna make it into a daily thing me thinks :cool:

\o/

I had my one year anniversary of being a boardsie yesterday, fun times.
    (had a bbq and everything) :p

In keeping with tradition in regards of wrestling i guess it would be my second anniversary? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

My dog threw up on my carpet. Ruined my lie-in. Now I have to get up. :mad:

• Advertisement

Sorry CM, looks like that site you got the gifs from doesn't allow hotlinking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

My dog threw up on my carpet. Ruined my lie-in. Now I have to get up. :mad:

Fecking eejit. The trick is leaving it so they can eat it back up

Is anyone else on our PW Forum also on XBL (xbox live?)

Is anyone else on our PW Forum also on XBL (xbox live?)

I am, username is orestesian, we should all organise a game of something if there are enough of us with a few games in common

And where's the gif! You can't be quitting on only the third day, you got my hopes up when I saw you had just posted in here, I was expecting a gif and got all excited, then no gif, my day remains gifless, there is a great big gif shaped hole in my day, etcetera and soforth :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

stephen K amos is an absolute legend......

that is all!!

:D

Happy now dude? :D

\o/

thanks to those of you who gave me their opinions on Public Enemies, I saw it and actually enjoyed it, found it to be a good film but people should not be expecting it to be another Heat as it is fairly true to the Dillinger story and does not really glamorize him (of course making a film staring depp is kinda glamorizing it but they shy away from going into detail about the peoples affinity for him).

However if you have not seen it and can enjoy a film with subtitles i would suggest what I just watched above it...

JCVD is Back!

If that's an actual movie and not just a piss take I am DEFINITELY gonna go see it just for the laugh :D

If that's an actual movie and not just a piss take I am DEFINITELY gonna go see it just for the laugh :D

its out on dvd it was a 2008 release (ive honestly no idea why i hadnt heard about it before now), I just watched it and its class!

How the hell did I not hear about that?! Awesome, I'm checking Xtravision for that tomorrow!

• Advertisement

How the hell did I not hear about that?! Awesome, I'm checking Xtravision for that tomorrow!

Xtravision :eek: i thought that place turned into a tanning salon when the internet was invented :pac:

Xtravision :eek: i thought that place turned into a tanning salon when the internet was invented :pac:

Nah, that was Chartbusters, Xtravision moved into games, and they're pretty damn good for decently priced second hand games too if you don't mind waiting a while. Got me a copy of Overlord for the 360 last week for 20 quid, bargain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

If you're renting JCVD, just to warn you, you can pick it up in the HMV sale, for like 4 quid (what's that at the mo, 7euro?). It was there last week anyhows.

It's a bloody great film. He has like a ten-minute monologue direct to the camera at one point! But it's not an action film at all, despite appearances.

/opens thread and looks for new gifs

/crosses fingers and waits in hope

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

Just thought I'd pop and mention my love for The Life And Times Of Tim. It's like Family Guy, except it's actually good. So all they share is being animated... Ignore my coffee fuelled and terrible comparison. As you were :)

I seem to have started something! :D

Whatever, could be fun if its not just me putting them up.

my apologise good sir I thought Bubs started it for some reason, sterling work Mr punked

Funny stuff moved to brand spanking new super kick-ass PW thread of random hilarity :)

Good stuff, now this thread can go back to being full off topicness.

Im excited like a 8 year old on christmas eve with the prospect that next tuesday i might have a new macbook pro. :D

Anyone got one already?

Good stuff, now this thread can go back to being full off topicness.

Im excited like a 8 year old on christmas eve with the prospect that next tuesday i might have a new macbook pro. :D

Anyone got one already?

That's the plan alright :)

You went for the macbook in the end? How did you decide, flip of a coin? Would have been the only way I would have been able to choose. Don't have one myself but I've heard some good things about them alright. How mush is it setting you back if you don't mind me asking?

• Advertisement

That's the plan alright :)

You went for the macbook in the end? How did you decide, flip of a coin? Would have been the only way I would have been able to choose. Don't have one myself but I've heard some good things about them alright. How mush is it setting you back if you don't mind me asking?

I got a price of 1550.

but thats with a staff discount etc etc... ;)

It came down to two things, A) My laptop is falling apart at the moment. Literally! I'll post a picture tomorrow or something.
    And my tv isnt toooo bad for now. Its liveable.

And B) The price of Apples stuff never fluctuates. Its rare if it does.
    And there is new tvs out all the time.
    So i love the LED, its pretty awesome. But it will still be awesome until christmas. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement