Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone got a nintendo DS lite screwdriver?

Options
  • 23-01-2007 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭

I will borrow or buy one. I can't find anywhere in Ireland that has them and I think it is kind of silly to have to pay more for shipping that the item costs on eBay.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

There is no such thing as a "Nintendo DS Lite Screwdriver". Its just a regular screwdriver with a very small head (I've opened my DS to flash it, so I know what I'm talking about).

Find anyone with a half decent toolbox and you'll find the screwdriver you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭iwb

Thanks for your input but I am still looking for one. While there may not be any such thing as a Nintendo Screwdriver, it is a good description for it, as it is a very specific head. It is three sided (called triwing) and while I have a lot of screwdrivers, I have none that are three sided, nor do any of the small ones I do have fit it in any way.
    If anyone has one, please let me know.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

get a bic biro, remove the pen bit, leaving only the clear plastic tube, with a lighter melt the head until soft, then press down firmly on the screw, hold until set, then unscrew.

You could probably get one in a hardware store as a single bit if you were lucky. The only externally visible standard screw on the ds lite is the one that keeps the battery cover on. All of the others are the type that needs a special screwdriver.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ah I see, sorry. The screwdriver I used was for the battery cover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

iwb wrote:
    Thanks for your input but I am still looking for one. While there may not be any such thing as a Nintendo Screwdriver, it is a good description for it, as it is a very specific head. It is three sided (called triwing) and while I have a lot of screwdrivers, I have none that are three sided, nor do any of the small ones I do have fit it in any way.
    If anyone has one, please let me know.
    Thanks.

I have never checked the screws on the DS myself, but are they the same as the GC ones? In which case the bit you're looking for would be called a "Gamebit".

Either that or just follow Reactors advice, which is the way most people do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I've seen them for sale on a few gaming websites (most recently www.gamefreax.de) but they're either specific to Nintendo or to everyone but the general public - they sure as hell don't stock them in B&Q...

I would try what Reactor is suggesting but at least two of the screws are deep within the back cover. The pen tapers out and is too wide to fit down all the way to the screw. I think I will do what I should have in the first place and order one from US or Hong Kong on eBay. It was worth a try though and thanks for all the input.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I may have one at home, I will have a look and let you know!!

Thanks Jonny. I would appreciate it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement