Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Announcement!

Options
  • 08-03-2008 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭

This thread should probably be locked but I'd just like to say that it's nive to have a forum all to ourselves now:D:):cool::p;)(and all that jazz)

[EDIT] That said it's more of a moral victory it's been donkey's yonks since we've had paintball posters here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Crave

Well tbh you hardly ever see any1 posting about paintball here

• Registered Users Posts: 34,476 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

God damn, you beat me to it!

As pointed out, airsoft and paintball have been given their own separate fora. Some small things still have to be ironed out, but it shouldn't take too long.

Thanks admins! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

TBH, I think the forum shouldn't have been split in two. There wasn't a massive volume of paintball stuff, but it was interesting to mix and match the two sports given how closely associated they are when you get down to it.

Plus what now happens with the adverts forum? There isn't enough paintball volume to justify a seperate forum for it, and we can't leave it under airsoft since that again makes no sense since there are now two seperate forums which as I said imo wasn't the best of ideas in practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,476 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Lemming wrote: »
    TBH, I think the forum shouldn't have been split in two. There wasn't a massive volume of paintball stuff, but it was interesting to mix and match the two sports given how closely associated they are when you get down to it.

Plus what now happens with the adverts forum? There isn't enough paintball volume to justify a seperate forum for it, and we can't leave it under airsoft since that again makes no sense since there are now two seperate forums which as I said imo wasn't the best of ideas in practice.

I'll give you the main reasons for it being done:

1. Paintball markers are not under 1 joule. We have a no +1 joule policy in here. It was an anomaly we wanted cleared up.

2. When a paintball thread appears, the possibility of thread spoiling is very apparent due to the number of paintball posters. (Which more or less = 1 at this point in time) It's just messy tbh. Airsofters cant say what they feel about the sport, or introduce people to airsoft as they feel like it'll break down into an argument...which it has several times. On the other hand, Ditpaintball was getting pissed off with airsoft being mentioned in every paintball thread.

3. we'd like to see more active paintballers on boards. We tried, but it's just not going to happen with the two communities sharing the one forum. One will always dominate.

4. Adverts - paintball markers, as you know, are way over 1 joule. It would be best for that forum too if everything remained under 1 joule to avoid confusion.

There's is no paintball traffic here BECAUSE airsoft dominates the forum and they feel outnumbered. From reading paintballer.ie, it's obvious to see a lot of them don't want anything to do with airsoft. Ditpaintball pmed me and requested this so the paintballers could post over here. Therefore we should (hopefully) see a rise in paintball traffic. This may grow to a point where they need their own adverts sub forum.

Tbh the sports and communities differ enough for them to warrant having their own forum. They may have similarities, but so do soccer and rugby. It just made sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

This was a paintball forum as well?

Gosh, I never noticed. Soooo few posts about Paintball. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

There is a thread in Feedback by Motasom requesting that paintball is completely separated ie

sports/airsoft
    sports/paintball

I suppose until traffic improves on the paintball forum there would be no real need for a reviews section. The adverts forum as well.

Does anybody else agree with a complete split?

Advertisement