Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Thoughts on UFC 93 (17th Jan, Dublin)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Palhares is rumoured to be on the card according to mmaweekly.com.

I wonder if they'd stick him in with Denis Kang! A man can dream!

Not gonna happen. Kang's already booked in a match

Against Alan Belcher on the same card :pac:

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/?go=forum_framed.posts&forum=1&thread=1369566&page=1&pc=24

At least, that's what the heavy rumour is. Might possibly end up on the January 31st card

Fozzy wrote: »
    Not gonna happen. Kang's already booked in a match

Against Alan Belcher on the same card :pac:

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/?go=forum_framed.posts&forum=1&thread=1369566&page=1&pc=24

At least, that's what the heavy rumour is. Might possibly end up on the January 31st card

Well Kang did say in a recent interview that he's looking forward to not having to travel 15 hours to fight so maybe he'll be on the January 31st card.

Just noticed Belcher "ttt"'d that thread! Really hope it's dublin now, not Vegas.

Kang - Belcher would be an interesting fight. Would Kang shoot for a takedown i wonder?

Ah, tis up on mmaweekly rumours now too! :) Delighted! Kang is one of my favourite fighters! He'll be sure to have some good tune for his entrance too! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

Has anyone recieved their tickets for this yet?... I know it says they can arrive at least a couple of days before the event but normally when I order them for gigs or anything they arrive in a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Charlie3dan

Check your confirmation email you may have selected to print the tickets yourself (which was the default setting for me when I was ordering).

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭stevemc01

MMA Weekly has confirmed that Belcher V Kang is scheduled for UFC 93. This card is starting to look very nice indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnJericho

Pic of The O2!

attachment.php?attachmentid=8497&stc=1&d=1224178687

• Registered Users Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Pic of The O2!

attachment.php?attachmentid=8497&stc=1&d=1224178687

Need to be logged in to view it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Need to be logged in to view it.

For anyone without a login

http://img515.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thepointsk1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Farhhra Qanima

Do you guys think we will see Ortiz fight again, I am new to MMA and am developing an interest, I understand he is injured but if he recovers do you think he will be allowed back to UFC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

Do you guys think we will see Ortiz fight again, I am new to MMA and am developing an interest, I understand he is injured but if he recovers do you think he will be allowed back to UFC

No unfortunately Tito is gone from the UFC, his fight against Lyoto Machida was his last. I don't think himself and Dana had a good relationship either. He was rumoured to be about to join EliteXC but now that they've gone belly up, god knows where he'll go. Class fighter though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

Dan133269 wrote: »
    No unfortunately Tito is gone from the UFC, his fight against Lyoto Machida was his last. I don't think himself and Dana had a good relationship either. He was rumoured to be about to join EliteXC but now that they've gone belly up, god knows where he'll go. Class fighter though :)

Class fighter, but not a classy guy!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

I don't think himself and Dana had a good relationship either.

http://www.mmaconvert.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/tito-ortiz-ufc84_weigh_in.jpg

Just a little bit of an understatement :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Farhhra Qanima

I saw the fight with Ken Shamrock, he gave him a hiding! Did the row come from his differences from there, he was impressive when training the team for Ultimate Fighter, I would have thought they would be bigger than that - even if just for the cash!

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

Mossy Monk wrote: »

Looks like there isnt a bad seat in the house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

Best set in the house in front of the TV at home. I can drink and smoke watching the fights.

Na really would have loved to go. But to soon after Xmas for me. Will be watching in envy at you all on the TV.

Don't forget UFC 91 this Saturday night.

Tito will be back before the end of the year. Guaranteed :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Agreed, Tito = $$$

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

I wonder if he could cut to middleweight? He would have a better chance there at getting a title IMO. He is the same height as Anderson Silva and he could be worthy of a title shot at that weight pretty quick, if Cote can get a shot so could Tito.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I wonder if he could cut to middleweight? .

Not a chance he will go to middle weight.

Not a chance he will go to middle weight.

He's after the money, not the competition

I remember reading somewhere...can't remember where it was...that a big factor in Tito getting his recent back surgery done was because the contract that the UFC were offering him only had win bonuses and not PPV bonuses, like he used to get. If he kept fighting with a bad back, he could still generate those big PPV bonuses. But if most of his salary relies on him actually winning, he wants to make sure that he's in the absolute best condition that he can be

I wouldn't put too much stock in that, but it would be hard to disprove if he re-signs with the UFC when he's healthy again and if his new contract doesn't have PPV bonuses

I'm curious about what way a screen will be set up in The O2. I could see them putting up a giant screen above where the stage would usually be. But the people sitting with their backs to that could end up with the worst seats in the house then, especially if they're not much above cage level

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

Check your confirmation email you may have selected to print the tickets yourself (which was the default setting for me when I was ordering).

First thing I checked:(.....guess I will have to wait til a week before like tey say....then hassle them for my tickets.

And i think you will be right about the place of the screen Fozzy which will make it hard for a lot of the ringside people to see it.

As for Tito, I think his best days are behind him and a lot of people are sick of the front he puts on...also think Silva would destroy him.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Wexler12

Got my ticket:D Does anyone know when the rest of the card is being announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Maldini2706

According to MMA Junkie the rumoured fights are:

* Dan Henderson vs. Rich Franklin
    * Mark Coleman vs. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua
    * Marcus Davis vs. Chris Lytle
    * Alan Belcher vs. Denis Kang
    * Thomasz Drwal vs. Ivan Serati
    * Andre Gusmao vs. Antonio Mendes
    * Abdul Mohamed vs. TBA
    * Tom Egan vs. John Hathaway

One or two more may be added to that over the next week or so, I'd expect an announcement before the end of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Fromvert wrote: »
    Clay Guida vs Kurt Pellegrino is going to be on the card. This should be a pretty good fight.

Someone said this and fingers really crossed, its happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

does anyone know if there are still tickets available??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

ayatollah wrote: »
    does anyone know if there are still tickets available??

It's sold out, there are tickets for sale on Ebay and some of the members on this forum said you might be able to buy tickets at the door

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

In case if no one knows already this has been downgraded to free TV show:

icfcmethodgetsb6baeeda1cd7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭stevemc01

rovert wrote: »
    In case if no one knows already this has been downgraded to free TV show:

icfcmethodgetsb6baeeda1cd7.jpg

No suprise there, nearly all the shows this side of the Atlantic have been freeview in the US, they just cant get the US audience to buy a PPV thats on at 3 in the afternoon eastern time and a few hours earlier on the west coast. they do show them later in the evening too, but noone is gonna pay for a PPV when they can get the results online prior to watching it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

stevemc01 wrote: »
    No suprise there, nearly all the shows this side of the Atlantic have been freeview in the US, they just cant get the US audience to buy a PPV thats on at 3 in the afternoon eastern time and a few hours earlier on the west coast. they do show them later in the evening too, but noone is gonna pay for a PPV when they can get the results online prior to watching it.

Actually Ive seen more flip floping on whether this will be a PPV or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

rovert wrote: »
    Actually Ive seen more flip floping on whether this will be a PPV or not.

It probably be a PPV to piss off Affliction

Advertisement