Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New User to Google Adwords -Help!

Options
  • 11-06-2009 12:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi there,

I am working for a charity and we have just starting our first Google Adwords campaign. However our ads are not appearing in any searches despite all keywords being highly relevant to my ad and landing page...please help!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Caroline
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭cianuro

Hi Caroline.
    When you open a new adwords account or create your first ad, your account undergoes extra (than usual) scrutiny and is subject to a manual user review.

Adwords has actual people sitting there all day long looking at ads and reviewing them and it can take up to a week to get ads approved.

On the top right of your screen, there should eb a link to the "New Beta Interface", if you go in there, then into your ad group then view your ad, there should be a little tool tip (like a speech bubble) beside the ad, click it and it will tell you the status of your review.

Once your account is more established, you wont ave to go through such an in depth review.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 CreakyJoints

The status says 'Approved' though..and all my keywords are classified as eligible but all the keyword ratings are 'poor' as in 1/10 ...they say the keywords arent relevant as well as the landing page...I am going to try change the word density on the landing page but the keywords are all highly relevant to the landing page and the website overall.

Is it possible that as you say they just havent reviewed it all yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭cianuro

The status says 'Approved' though..and all my keywords are classified as eligible but all the keyword ratings are 'poor' as in 1/10 ...they say the keywords arent relevant as well as the landing page...I am going to try change the word density on the landing page but the keywords are all highly relevant to the landing page and the website overall.

Is it possible that as you say they just havent reviewed it all yet?

I wouldn't bother. In this case, Google doesn't (and WONT) like your landing page.

I highly recommend that you read this:
    http://searchengineland.com/adwords-quality-score-can-your-business-model-be-banned-12271

The fact that you are a charity means NOTHING to Google.

I have a LOT of experience in this matter, if you PM me the URL of your site/landing page, I can tell you exactly what's wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Derek B

Assuming you sort out all editorial issues, it's worth keeping in mind your budget restrictions.

Google knows how many searches happen each day for your keywords (impressions) on average, their average CTRs, your daily budget, your average CPCs...from all these factors, they can determine that your ads should show once every 10 searches, once every 100, once every 1,000 etc. etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭blue4ever

Check your adwords analytics to make sure that they are not showing also use the diagnostic tool in adwords to see when they are showing

https://adwords.google.com/select/DiagnosticTool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭B1977

My website went down in April with a virus,It is up and running in the past few days,but there has been no clicks on adwords since april till the present time.Also the website did appear on google page one but doesnt appear anymore on google and even the adds for the site which are active do not appear .

any ideas

www.magicshoplimerick.com

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

B1977 wrote: »
    My website went down in April with a virus,It is up and running in the past few days,but there has been no clicks on adwords since april till the present time.Also the website did appear on google page one but doesnt appear anymore on google and even the adds for the site which are active do not appear .

any ideas

www.magicshoplimerick.com

Have you got a Google Webmaster Account?, were you blacklisted?.

Your website is being indexed but possibly you're being restricted for one reason or another in organic SERPs.

AdWords, use the diagnostic tool linked above.

was displaying a message that this site may harm your computer,any advice on how to get off that blacklisted

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

was displaying a message that this site may harm your computer,any advice on how to get off that blacklisted

They usuall email you but you should contact them regarding this.

how long can google restrict your adwords for or any advice on how to get clicks on these

• Advertisement

Sully wrote: »
    They usuall email you but you should contact them regarding this.

vey difficult to contact google about this

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

vey difficult to contact google about this

Have you tired? I know others have had success in this area.

Ive e-mailed them today about it.is there any way of finding out if the site is blacklisted.before if you typed in fancy dress limerick,the site would appear on google,now it doesnt.any advice

I ve taken this from my adword campaign

batman Eligible €0.05 Any 0 0 0.00% €0.00 €0.00 0
    costumes Below first page bid
    First page bid estimate: €0.10 €0.05 Any 0 0 0.00% €0.00 €0.00 0
    wigs Below first page bid
    First page bid estimate: €0.30

what do the highlighted terms mean,ie below first page bid,

I need help with this adword stuff

Ive e-mailed them today about it.is there any way of finding out if the site is blacklisted.before if you typed in fancy dress limerick,the site would appear on google,now it doesnt.any advice

I assume you need to start all over again in terms of getting back to where you were. Did you actually have a virus on the site?

there was a trojan horse or something like that that got into the ftp,so the site is starting from start again,dont know how long it will take to get back up onto google pages

there was a trojan horse or something like that that got into the ftp,so the site is starting from start again,dont know how long it will take to get back up onto google pages

Get yourself sorted in terms of your website being cleaned up SEO wise etc., your on a good start.

How do I go about getting the website cleaned up.Is there free advice out there that can point out the errors in the site and I can edit or repair it myself

How do I go about getting the website cleaned up.Is there free advice out there that can point out the errors in the site and I can edit or repair it myself

If someone has the time to point out, sure. Ill try get around to some of it later. Are you anyway familar with HTML / feeling confident editing HTML pages?

I have limited knowledge of html,but google have said there are errors on all the pages

Submit a Sitemap

http://www.magicshoplimerick.com/ Show submissions: Mine ‎(5)‎ - All ‎(5)‎

Filename Format URLs submitted Indexed URLs Downloaded Status
    books.html -- -- -- Jun 23, 2009
    coins.html -- -- -- Jun 24, 2009
    costumes.html -- -- -- Jun 23, 2009
    makeup.html -- -- -- Jun 23, 2009
    tricks.html -- -- -- Jun 23, 2009

errors on all 5

for costumes it says
    Unsupported file format
    Your Sitemap does not appear to be in a supported format. Please ensure it meets our Sitemap guidelines and resubmit. Problem detected on:
    Jun 23, 2009

• Advertisement

You need a sitemap.xml file - use this website to generate one;
    http://www.xml-sitemaps.com/

Once done, upload the sitemap.xml and ror.xml file to the root folder (/www/). You should consider buidling a proper HTML based one also. Also, create a robots.txt file and upload in the same area (see below). Once all done, re-submit sitemap.xml to google via the Webmaster Area.
    User-agent: *
    Disallow: 
    Sitemap: http://www.magicshoplimerick.com/sitemap.xml

Each image should have an alt tag for starters.

Advertisement