Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BAC Photos

Options
  • 26-05-2009 8:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭

Dev is looking for photos of Boards folk doing "Boards stuff" that they can print out and put up in the office (I assume he wants to scare away potential hostile takeovers) and he specifically mentioned athletics.

I know that there are some really good photos of people in the BAC singlet, any chance someone could round up a few of the best? Robin, you probably took a lot of them, if you could link to them in the Mod forum that'd be cool :)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Thanks for pointing that one out, I'd have missed it otherwise.

So far it's mostly only Woddle in his singlet that we have as yet, although there are plenty of the rest of us not wearing team colours in various events. Hopefully we should get some in team colours this weekend though from Cork if anyone else is out with their cameras. I think I'll take my small one along though to see if I can get some after I've finished my legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭figs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

ditto.
    The scars on my left leg are only healing now. Ready for some more now :)
    http://www.imra.ie/photos/view/id/28732/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

figs wrote: »
    Thanks for that.

There are not many BAC wearing pictures so far, so if there are more pictures out there that I don't yet know about then do add them to this thread please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Dev is looking for photos of Boards folk doing "Boards stuff" that they can print out and put up in the office (I assume he wants to scare away potential hostile takeovers) and he specifically mentioned athletics.

I know that there are some really good photos of people in the BAC singlet, any chance someone could round up a few of the best? Robin, you probably took a lot of them, if you could link to them in the Mod forum that'd be cool :)

So are will there be piles of cash coming our way if the BAC singlets are used ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Arriving at the finish line in Connemara Marathon '09.
    Do I win a prize for most stupid looking sunglasses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

My torture that was Paris
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/25938822@N07/3450269662/in/set-72157611329501341/

Also Mariec may have one from Paris also?

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭MarieC

Woddle wrote: »
    My torture that was Paris
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/25938822@N07/3450269662/in/set-72157611329501341/

Also Mariec may have one from Paris also?

Im all over it Woddle. Here ye go!

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭MarieC

and here's another from the same day.

Clare 10k in a months time so the singlet will be getting an outing again that day! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

some great photo's there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

shels4ever wrote: »
    So are will there be piles of cash coming our way if the BAC singlets are used ;)

Yep, you can have half HM share of teh coke and hookers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Yep, you can have half HM share of teh coke and hookers...

:eek: which half

Just to add to the now growing collection of pictures of Boards AC singlets spotted out in the wild, here is Team WORE/ Boards A from the Cork Relay as taken by blind_hurler with Woddles camera:

3589279298_ce1ed3a865.jpg

Edit: Woddle, Orobhsa, Robinph, eliwallach

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

A manly looking collection!

Do we get a name to go with those studmuffins?

I took the Boards AC singlet out for another run in Bristol yesterday, and it managed to help me knock even more time off my 10k time: :D

normal_DSC_0107.jpg

I got my time down to 38:33 now, and yesterdays race was on a fairly hilly course as well. I finished in 8th overall as well.

I couldn't finds any cheerleaders like after Cork, but did manage to get a rub down from some first year physo students from the local uni who were around afterwards: :D:D

normal_378.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

Her hands seem to very far up the thigh.
    She is only a first year and still learning I suppose. ;)

PS well done on time of 38:33.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

eliwallach wrote: »
    Her hands seem to very far up the thigh.

Everybody from Brazillian cheer leaders to budding physiotherapists want a piece of robins ass :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

Here's me at the last Duathlon in the Park, Boards AC'ed up to the hilt!

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭lecheile

Everybody from Brazillian cheer leaders to budding physiotherapists want a piece of robins ass :D

If this trend continues with the calibre of photos presented by robinph - surely mods will have to consider moving to After Hours or other more suitable place??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

lecheile wrote: »
    If this trend continues with the calibre of photos presented by robinph - surely mods will have to consider moving to After Hours or other more suitable place??

indeed we are on a slippery slope

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Puts a new meaning on 'bringing up the rear' ;)

Directly below where this shot was taken last week by just a bit less than 15,000ft...

3777014473_6426e456bc.jpg

...I today took the Boards AC vest out for a 10k race near Queenstown:

3799216993_dba3b52cba.jpg

3800116102_487662e686.jpg

I challenge anyone else to get a Boards AC race picture any further away from Ireland. :D

First "international" finisher and 4th place overall and new PB make for a happy robinph. The first picture was at half way and the guy in black had just gone past me on that downhill after him being on my heels for a couple of km's:

4699429960_266979bbfe.jpg

I managed to stick to his heels for a while, but then lost about 20 meters to him over the last kma and a bit:

DSC_0609.JPG

After crossing the line I then collapsed in a heap which slightly concerned the finish line marshals, but I was happy as that meant I'd given it everything I had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Sportsworld 5 mile in may
    4610951647_36bfea2fc9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Courtesy of Woddle: The one photo from Saturday's Boards relay win in which I don't look like my 198 bpm heart rate suggests I should be looking:

4693216462_8fdcfb104b.jpg
    (heading for the finish line, with TheRoadRunner breathing down my neck).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I suppose we should put up the 2010 Cork city marathon relay teams:
    Boards A Team

4682653408_c86f62507d.jpg
    Mithril, Robin PH, Menoscemo, Ral3

Boards B Team

4682944821_b711d04f75.jpg
    OI, Chinguetti, Racoon Queen, Woddle

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

All the cool people wear caps!

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭OI

Beards.ie, gone now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

All the cool people wear caps!

As you can see I have mine in my hand ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement