Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lisbon vote October 2nd - How do you intend to vote?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

Sparks43 wrote: »
    I am Pro Europe but this treaty gives Europe a strangle hold over its member states (U.S.E?)

tsk tsk tsk

Declan Ganley wants a United States of Europe

what say you now?

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

ei.sdraob wrote: »

jeez let my fingers cool down from the last post ffs :P

jeez let my fingers cool down from the last post ffs :P

i think im gonna code a script to post that everytime anyone mentions United States of Europe :D

some food for taught there

i think im gonna code a script to post that everytime anyone mentions United States of Europe :D

some food for taught there

both Yes and NO sides might have divides but at the end of the day both will fight for the vote

i am posting on my own beliefs no ganley or any other NO party campaign

did you notice i quoted from the treaty itself??????

both Yes and NO sides might have divides but at the end of the day both will fight for the vote

i am posting on my own beliefs no ganley or any other NO party campaign

did you notice i quoted from the treaty itself??????

yes i did, and your point? specifically about the bolded bit? you just underlined QMV

as for Ganley does it not bother you that someone else on the NO side has contradicting viewpoint to you on this issue?

/

• Advertisement

yes i did, and your point? specifically about the bolded bit? you just underlined QMV

as for Ganley does it not bother you that someone else on the NO side has contradicting viewpoint to you on this issue?

/

QMV is not good for Ireland in a 27 member Eu. People might think that we are safe ( if we get 3 other countries round the back of the bike shed and give them some of our sweets :rolleyes:)

but we can be shouted down and our voice will not be heard like the days of the commonwealth

also the yes campaign has contradicting slogans and viewpoints as well

ganley is more of a hinderance then help imo

long day in work so over and out gl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭free-man

they are as legally binding as the Good Friday Agreement

other countries (Denmark) got agreements like this (Edinburgh agreement) in their second referendum on a EU treaty

and these were honored and are honored to this day
    /

This agreement was never tested in a court - so to say it was legally binding is misleading at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

free-man wrote: »
    This agreement was never tested in a court - so to say it was legally binding is misleading at best.

No, it's accurate. Legally binding means that the parties to the agreement are bound, in law, to observe the agreement - and that is the case with the guarantees.

What you mean is that the interpretation of the contents, or the relative strength of it compared to some other piece of law, are questions that haven't been tested.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

rumour wrote: »
    Our debate regarding the Lisbon treaty is on a par with drunks arguing in the pub. It is centered by both sides by hypothetical promises of doom no matter what way you vote.

I fully agree with you here!

To vote NO at this stage is to bite the hand that feeds, there is no other way around this. Ireland as a nation would cease to function tomorrow if it were not for the ECB. Our goodwill with this bank is now vital, not just for tomorrow but for the next ten years at least (my opinion) and this is with or without Lisbon. Obviously 'No' will affect this relationship, but that is a personal choice for everyone.

Interesting.. do you believe a no vote will result in less or no support from the ECB or that they will no longer support Ireland and allow the Euro to falter?
    I don't think I'll vote at all now I see no point in deluding myself that there is a choice.

I understand you are politically disenfranchised but I urge you to re-consider. This is no reason not to vote at all.

Whether you detest the current government and like many others use it as a protest vote or you disagree with the undemocratic nature of the re-run you should still register your vote.

Even if you believe the Yes side, that the sky is going to fall and vote yes I still urge you to use your democratic voice.

Actually guys - My Bad! Forget I even posted that one. I had originally spoken to the No guys in person, and had heard debates online and on radio with the Yes groups. I'v gone and spoken to the two groups today and put these questions to them, and the Yes group seem to be acknowledging what you've said, and the No side grudgingly so to a certain extent, but they reference other issues such as militarisation of the EU etc. So I'll admit that after that Im tempted to get back on the fence.

Ok - so if the guarentees from the EU are only going to be implemented when either Croatia or Iceland join the EU, then what happens in the mean time? Either one of those countries could take another year or two to join. So if Lisbon II passes and is put into effect, and we have to wait until that happens, are we exposed to any new risks? Do they just come over to a country of their choice and sign an agreement for us, like they did in Edinburgh for Denmark?

Very good points.

A lot of the Yes side will say they are legally binding in the 'interim' period.

The problem here is that there has been no legal precedent to verify if these political promises are legally binding.

If in doubt ask someone to point out where a declaration has been challenged in the courts and what the outcome of the decision was prior to it being ratified as a protocol in a subsequent treaty.

• Advertisement

Scofflaw wrote: »
    No, it's accurate. Legally binding means that the parties to the agreement are bound, in law, to observe the agreement - and that is the case with the guarantees.

What you mean is that the interpretation of the contents, or the relative strength of it compared to some other piece of law, are questions that haven't been tested.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

Ok, so the interpretation of the contents have not been tested in a court of law - at last we agree on something :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

It'll be a no from me, no more steps towards a Federated States of Europe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 richdav

Ireland please vote NO.

This is the plea on behalf of all the disenfranchised people across Europe denied any voice in accepting/rejecting Lisbon.

The positive economic goals of early Europe have been replaced by a lumbering bureaucracy that is close to taking all power over every aspect of business and personal life from individual governemnts.

If any proof of this is needed look no further than Ireland having to have a second referendum - your democratic voice was REJECTED in total and it's undemocratic and a disgrace backed by the weakest National government that you are having to vote again.

The world has changed and it is not Europe nor the euro that will rescue Ireland (nor indeed England) but a complete change of policy and values in society to deal with the credit inspired chaos we have to face and regain our countries from the pervading cost of uncontrolled immigration.

Whether business or faming, post Lisbon Europe will do you no favours.

France and Germany out of recession will not ride to your rescue, you can expect jobs to go to new Euro members in the East where pay will be so much cheaper, not to Ireland.

This treaty is the green light for the complete federalisation of the European continent - unlike USA states which all speak the same language, with same customs - there is no such harmony in the culture, nor lifestyles, nor wealth amongst the hugely inflated Europe with corruption and waste on budgets and expenses at it's very heart.

If the vote is Yes you sign a death warrant for Ireland, a death warrant for liberty and a death warrant on opportunity for all disenfranchised peoples in Europe.

The second world war is a distant memory but it was allowed to happen because good men turned away from their responsibility to do the right thing.

European war may not be a threat today but instead the devastastation of your culture and lifestlye is - starting with enforced immigration, control of Irish Law as European Law supercedes it and a continuance of the damaging political correctness that has already wreaked havoc in society's across Europe.

Each and every one of you, is now the last good man of Europe - will you turn your back on us all by voting Yes ?

Please stand up for us all and for your lifestyle, culture, heritage and freedom and vote a resounding NO!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Get your own vote, mine is in use...

Spook_ie wrote: »
    It'll be a no from me, no more steps towards a Federated States of Europe

if you looked a few posts up

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62305407&postcount=3152

/

If only we could.

If you know anything, you'll know it's only because of the Irish constitution that YOU have a vote - we've all been denied democracy because we don't have such constitution.

The plea is repeated - please use your vote for the good of all and vote NO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

richdav wrote: »
    Ireland please vote NO.

This is the plea on behalf of all the disenfranchised people across Europe denied any voice in accepting/rejecting Lisbon.

The positive economic goals of early Europe have been replaced by a lumbering bureaucracy that is close to taking all power over every aspect of business and personal life from individual governemnts.

If any proof of this is needed look no further than Ireland having to have a second referendum - your democratic voice was REJECTED in total and it's undemocratic and a disgrace backed by the weakest National government that you are having to vote again.

The world has changed and it is not Europe nor the euro that will rescue Ireland (nor indeed England) but a complete change of policy and values in society to deal with the credit inspired chaos we have to face and regain our countries from the pervading cost of uncontrolled immigration.

Whether business or faming, post Lisbon Europe will do you no favours.

France and Germany out of recession will not ride to your rescue, you can expect jobs to go to new Euro members in the East where pay will be so much cheaper, not to Ireland.

This treaty is the green light for the complete federalisation of the European continent - unlike USA states which all speak the same language, with same customs - there is no such harmony in the culture, nor lifestyles, nor wealth amongst the hugely inflated Europe with corruption and waste on budgets and expenses at it's very heart.

If the vote is Yes you sign a death warrant for Ireland, a death warrant for liberty and a death warrant on opportunity for all disenfranchised peoples in Europe.

The second world war is a distant memory but it was allowed to happen because good men turned away from their responsibility to do the right thing.

European war may not be a threat today but instead the devastastation of your culture and lifestlye is - starting with enforced immigration, control of Irish Law as European Law supercedes it and a continuance of the damaging political correctness that has already wreaked havoc in society's across Europe.

Each and every one of you, is now the last good man of Europe - will you turn your back on us all by voting Yes ?

Please stand up for us all and for your lifestyle, culture, heritage and freedom and vote a resounding NO!

Edit, your not Irish. So you dont get to vote! Ha ha

Ah youth!

Fortunately some of us are old enough to know the difference and what real freedom is - you will also find out in time if a Yes vote is achieved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Ah youth!

Fortunately some of us are old enough to know the difference and what real freedom is - you will also find out in time if a Yes vote is achieved.

When and were did you taste this freedom?

Or are you another walter mitty type ganley stooge?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

I deeply resent that statement i am a working man who has used his vote on every occasion and has never followed any party line, left right centre up or down
    I don't mean to personally insult you, I know there are a number of people who object to the increased move to QMV and they have their reasons. If everyone on the no side was like yourself this forum would be a much saner place. But just go through the threads on the first page and you'll see that about 95% of the time on this forum is spent tackling people who keep bringing up the same lies over and over and over again. No amount of proof is sufficient for these people because they have a "gut feeling", it's like trying to convince a creationist that evolution exists.

Now, I'm going to respond to each of your issues rationally because you appear to be a rational person instead of the normal loons and conspiracy theorists.
    until our last lisbon vote was made a mockary off by our government and europe i never got involved in political discussion and just like my religon i kept my beliefs to myself while respecting others
    When we're dealing with a 300 page document that took five years and millions to write and that 26 other countries have said they want, you don't just throw the whole thing in the bin if one country says no. You find out why they voted no, which parts of the treaty they object to, and see if anything can be done to address those issues. It's not making a mockery of anyone, it's reaching a compromise, it's the essence of democracy.

Now, during the last referendum a number of groups spread some lies very successfully. These lies were that the treaty allowed abortion, allowed Europe to take control of our taxes, effected our neutrality and introduced conscription. There were other lies but these were the the main ones. There was also a lie that the treaty made us lose our commissioner when the reality was that Nice defined we would lose our commissioner and Lisbon just defined exactly how it would be done.

Aside from the lies, large numbers of people voted no because of side issues like a protest vote against the government and the biggest reason for rejection by far was lack of understanding

Three independent surveys were done which found that those were significant reasons for the no vote. you can see some of the results here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty-eighth_Amendment_of_the_Constitution_of_Ireland_Bill,_2008#Reasons_for_rejection

The government had no control over these surveys so they were not doctored, those are the answers people gave. The thing about all of the above issues is that there is no way the treaty can be changed to address any of them because none of them are a part of the treaty. So what they did instead was they got legally binding guarantees that all of the lies around abortion, taxation, neutrality and conscription were in fact lies, that the treaty did not effect them in any way. You can't change the treaty to remove something that was never in it but you can guarantee them that it's not in it. And they got another guarantee that the existing rule to reduce the size of the commission in 2014 will not be invoked. See here for more info:
    http://www.lisbontreaty2009.ie/lisbon_treaty_european_commission.html

The most important thing that was done was that people were given a year to learn about the treaty and there's an awful lot more information out there this time (the site I just linked you to is the best for unbiased info) which will hopefully put a large dent in the number of people who voted no because they didn't understand it. I get very angry when someone says they voted no last time because they didn't understand it but they object to the second referendum. It's as if they're saying "how dare you ask me to have some idea what I'm voting on!!!!". They demand the right to vote but refuse to exercise their responsibility to make an informed vote.

Anyway, even though the treaty hasn't changed, significant numbers of people have had their issues addressed, their reasons for voting no are no longer valid (or never were valid), so why not ask them if they've changed their minds?
    I am Pro Europe but this treaty gives Europe a strangle hold over its member states (U.S.E?)
    QMV is not good for Ireland in a 27 member Eu. People might think that we are safe ( if we get 3 other countries round the back of the bike shed and give them some of our sweets :rolleyes:)

but we can be shouted down and our voice will not be heard like the days of the commonwealth

Now onto QMV :)

Firstly, you seem to be under the impression that this is the first time QMV will be brought in. It already applies in a large number of areas and it will apply in some more areas but with very specific exceptions, eg taxation and defence policy. These are the areas moving to QMV:
    http://www.face.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=62202241

Personally I don't see anything there that I object to. These people are our neighbours, not fascists, communists or aliens. I find it hard to believe that there is anything in those areas that would be great for at least 15 other countries but catastrophic for ourselves. For example sport: why do we need to cling to a veto in that area? What is so contentious that we must be able to prevent the standardisation of safety standards on football pitches, the control of performance enhancing drugs etc? Some things are better decided at EU level because there is no reason for them to be different and it's more efficient and effective for one group to deal with it instead of having 27 organisations all doing the same thing. I like that I'm able to go to any country in Europe and eat the food, secure in the knowledge that it meets EU standards, I like that under Lisbon energy policy will be a bigger EU competence so we can have energy security through more bargaining power and we can all fight climate change together. If Ireland enacts a climate change policy it doesn't make that much of a difference. I like that the EU forced the mobile operators to reduce roaming costs this year, something Ireland couldn't hope to do alone.

Now, QMV is not a blunt instrument that can be used to force things on smaller countries, it's a system of double majority voting where by far the most important requirement is the country requirement which gives every country an equal vote, it's only once that requirement has been met that the populations even matter. Take a look at this page:
    http://www.bloggersforeurope.ie/?p=109

It shows that if the bigger countries wanted to "force" something on the smaller ones it would require Germany (17%), The UK (12%), France (12%), Spain (8%), Poland (7%), Italy (12%), Romania (4%), The Netherlands (3%), Greece (2%), Portugal (2%), Belgium (2%), Czech Republic (2%), Hungary (2%), Sweden (1.8%) and Austria (1.8%) all to agree and they represent 88.6% of the EU population. They meet the population requirement of 65% after 6 countries but they still need to get a minimum of 15 to make a change.

Ireland is not losing power to the EU, every country in Europe is sharing some of its power for every country to draw on. We're giving Germany some of our power in return for some of theirs and I think we're coming off better in that deal tbh. Don't think of it like Ireland losing power to block changes, think of it as us gaining power to make changes. Just as a vote can go against us, a vote can go against Germany or The UK and get us something we want. We have representatives in the parliament and the council just like them and in the most important area of QMV they're no bigger than us. You're misunderstanding the 4 country rule btw, it's not meant to allow 4 countries to block changes, it's meant to prevent 3 larger countries from blocking changes. It means that if only 3 large countries object to something then the 65% population requirement doesn't have to be met. They've put a clause in the procedure specifically to prevent the large countries dominating! That's hardly the action of a group that wants absolute power.

You say that our voice won't be heard but take a look at this newspaper ad from the Maastricht referendum saying the same thing (you'll also notice some of the same lies being bandied about in this referendum):
    http://lh5.ggpht.com/_ZKepX8VopRQ/SkqHGwCTAAI/AAAAAAAAAc8/EMzgh3Rs0bg/s800/mastr2.jpg

People have been saying for 36 years that our voice won't be heard and yet it still is. And that's because the EU doesn't work through strength of will and the big overpowering the small, it works through negotiation, compromise and consensus. It's a union, not an empire. Even in the areas where QMV currently applies unanimity is the norm because everyone's viewpoint is taken into account, veto or not. The main reason for the foundation of the EU was to stop Europe going to war every few years and for all of us to work together for our mutual benefit. If the EU starts to behave like a dictatorship it's not just Ireland who won't stand for it, the entire EU will collapse and what is in my opinion the greatest international project in history will be over. We will all lose that collective power if anyone gets too greedy.

As Scofflaw says, every organisation of this type that has operated on a veto system has collapsed having achieved nothing. Vetoes are undemocratic because they allow the small minority to dictate to the vast majority. It's hard to give examples from the EU because they work through consensus but in the UN almost all countries want the embargo against Cuba lifted but they can't because the US vetoes it. They also veto sanctions against Israel. China vetoes sanctions against Sudan because of business interests there. There are some areas where a veto is appropriate such as taxation policy and defence policy but the areas that are moving to QMV under Lisbon are not those areas. They're things that work better when we all do them together.

When you talk about the EU forcing things on us you should take into account the type of things that come out of the EU. These things that the Irish seem so afraid of are things like women's rights, workers rights for everyone and for disabled people specifically, discrimination laws, food safety regulations and safety and quality standards for all goods. Most of the progressive legislation in Ireland over the last few years has come from the EU. If our interest rates weren't set largely by the ECB Ireland would be a hell of a lot worse off right now and remember that we're about to take advantage of all this shared power by withdrawing €54 billion from the ECB. I worked in Sweden for 6 months and I was delighted to be able to hop on a plane and start work without any hassle with visas due to the freedom of movement of workers. Ireland and the UK were somewhat overrun with foreign labour over the past few years from accession countries but that was a decision of our government. The EU didn't force us to allow them in and most EU countries didn't.

Wow that post went on a lot longer that I thought it would :D

tl;dr version: QMV is more democratic, more efficient and more effective. It gives us power to make changes that we want and the equal country requirement ensures that our voice cannot be drowned out. It's also specifically designed to stop large countries from dominating. And remember that it's only the specific areas mentioned above that are moving to QMV. We still hold a veto in key areas.

• Advertisement

If only we could.

If you know anything, you'll know it's only because of the Irish constitution that YOU have a vote - we've all been denied democracy because we don't have such constitution.

The plea is repeated - please use your vote for the good of all and vote NO!

That's your problem. Change your constitution.

Would you vote 'yes' for me?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

That's your problem. Change your constitution.

Would you vote 'yes' for me?

Presuming he is British, they don't even have one to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭andrewdcs

I'm voting no based on a single issue (albeit a large one), despite being a committed European. That's sad for such a large and important treaty, but there again large complex treaties are supposed to be ratified by governments, who are supposed to represent their employers, the people.

I strongly disagree with trade negotiation "streamlining" provisions within Lisbon, This is a massive topic eclipsed by lunatic rants from both sides of the vote.
    These are reasonable reviews, but there is a lot more out there:
    Review of Lisbon external trade changes
    Lisbon potential impact woolcock

If I could I'd vote Yes to the 99% and no to these few articles, as it is, I can't and I can't with a clear conscience in my political, humanitarian and environmental views. It's the poison pill defence for me.

andrewdcs wrote: »
    I'm voting no based on a single issue (albeit a large one), despite being a committed European. That's sad for such a large and important treaty, but there again large complex treaties are supposed to be ratified by governments, who are supposed to represent their employers, the people.

I strongly disagree with trade negotiation "streamlining" provisions within Lisbon, This is a massive topic eclipsed by lunatic rants from both sides of the vote.

If I could I'd vote Yes to the 99% and no to these few articles, as it is, I can't and I can't with a clear conscience in my political, humanitarian and environmental views. It's the poison pill defence for me.

Hi Andrew,

That's interesting, and an aspect of the treaty I hadn't paid particularly close attention to.

What's your specific objection, if you don't mind me asking? What does Lisbon do differently from Nice that you oppose and why?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

andrewdcs wrote: »
    Can you summarise your problem with this aspect of the treaty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Only idiots will vote no this Friday. Probably the same idiots who voted Fianna Fail in year after year after year and now have a problem with them so decide to use this as an election. Proabably the same idiots who are afraid that their public sector wages are about to be cut and they wont be able to afford their payments for their new Audi /second house / credit card bill and now think its someone elses fault that they got into this hole. Probably the same idiots who drove taxis and handed out property advice to people as they jumped into their car at the airport about appartments going for hundreads of thousands ( a bargain cause they'll go up forever ) . Europe just bailed this country of morons out yet again and for some reason we see them as the enemy, well the idiots do anyway. The Sinn Fein back catalogue is a lesson in what we should not have done as regards to european policy. Vote no and we'll just go back to being a backwards ditch , where we really as a nation deserve to be if it wasnt for our European neighbours dragging us kicking and screaming into the light. Who are Libertas and Coir and that British lunatic racist party . What have any of this lot done for Ireland. Who voted any of this lot in. No = Idiot this Friday. Lets not look like tools on a world stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Only idiots will vote no this Friday. Probably the same idiots who voted Fianna Fail in year after year after year and now have a problem with them so decide to use this as an election. Proabably the same idiots who are afraid that their public sector wages are about to be cut and they wont be able to afford their payments for their new Audi /second house / credit card bill and now think its someone elses fault that they got into this hole. Probably the same idiots who drove taxis and handed out property advice to people as they jumped into their car at the airport about appartments going for hundreads of thousands ( a bargain cause they'll go up forever ) . Europe just bailed this country of morons out yet again and for some reason we see them as the enemy, well the idiots do anyway. The Sinn Fein back catalogue is a lesson in what we should not have done as regards to european policy. Vote no and we'll just go back to being a backwards ditch , where we really as a nation deserve to be if it wasnt for our European neighbours dragging us kicking and screaming into the light. Who are Libertas and Coir and that British lunatic racist party . What have any of this lot done for Ireland. Who voted any of this lot in. No = Idiot this Friday. Lets not look like tools on a world stage.

Im sick of this name calling from the Yes side. We could easily call people from the Yes side many bad names and it does reflect on what type of people they are..

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    We could easily call people from the Yes side many bad names and it does reflect on what type of people they are..

like this?
    Ganley calling Mr de Rossa "a f****ing traitor" and repeatedly saying, "I know what your agenda is".

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/lisbon-treaty/ganley-de-rossa-turn-air-blue-after-radio-row-1898172.html

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Im sick of this name calling from the Yes side. We could easily call people from the Yes side many bad names and it does reflect on what type of people they are..

I wouldn't agree with someone saying that all no voters are idiots but to quote myself:

When you look at the no campaign you see that it consists almost entirely of the far left, the far right and the far out, the liars, the losers and the lunatics. They're the communists, the fascists, the terrorists, the religious fundamentalists and the guy with the US military contracts. They're the people who've been opposed to the EU since we joined and would love nothing more than to see Ireland pull out to satisfy their various vested interests and some of them want the end of the EU (UKIP). There are one or two groups that wouldn't fall into that category but they all have some side issue they're pushing like the taxi drivers and are taking their frustration out on the treaty or when you look at their reasons you see they've been taken in by the lies of the aforementioned lunatics, such as the whole minimum wage and 'race to the bottom' fiction. There are a small minority that have genuine issues with the increased move to QMV but in my opinion their fears are unfounded.

When all of those groups are on the same side as you, the extreme left AND the extreme right, when you're scraping the bottom of the barrel to find any public figure with an ounce of respectability who shares your views, maybe its time to examine your views

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Well Im sorry for hurting your feelings but if you vote No its what you are. We are nothing without Europe.....NOTHING. Alone we would acheive nothing . We Irish have just bought into our own bullsh!t a little too much over the last years. Europe built us. Sorry to rake the pride of the " Sons of Ireland " but in our years of independance from the UK up to the point where we entrered into th EEC we went backwards not forward. Just get real.

Advertisement