Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Z2370

Options
  • 04-11-2009 2:52am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,315 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if any of you could identify this car for me? Z2370

Genealogy Forum Mod

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Looks American to me, 1925/1926 Dodge or Chrysler perhaps. The wooden wheels were common in the early 20's, but many changed to steel by the late 20's. The double bumper is quite distinctive, as are the headlamp size/position.

I am sure if you google a few of these era cars you will find it, otherwise someone else will chime in.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,315 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Thanks Merc.
    The wooden wheels reminded me of this one from Terenure.
    Picture_088_Small.jpg

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭manta mad

it wouldent be a crossley tourer would it ???? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭manta mad

these type !

Hatfield_20_9_right.jpg

or

crossleytourer.jpg

Its the wooden wheels and twin blade bumpers that make me think its a US car.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 kidloco

Not 100% but the stone work on the building to the left, resembles Pearse Street Garda Station. I look at it everyday. As i said not 100%. Although a great photo

Yep, that's exactly where it is kidloco.:)

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭123 man

MercMad wrote: »
    Looks American to me, 1925/1926 Dodge or Chrysler perhaps. The wooden wheels were common in the early 20's, but many changed to steel by the late 20's. The double bumper is quite distinctive, as are the headlamp size/position.

I am sure if you google a few of these era cars you will find it, otherwise someone else will chime in.
    it looks like a 1928 chrysler . i had one a bit back and it looks just the one i had:D

Genealogy Forum Mod

Hermy wrote: »

Nope ! Bumper, grille, headlight location and wheels are all sliughtly different.

I have googles several Chryslers and Dodges from 1925 to 1930 and none are exactly the same. However of course,mback then there were many various body styles so its possible, but I think we could get closer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭superboy

I think its a 1924/25 Plymouth. Radiator is wrong shape for a Chrysler. they were more rounded. the flat rad cap seems more Plymouth like.

I agree it doesn't look exactly like a Chrysler, but fromt the angle its hard to make out. the lack of a radiator mascot doesn't help either!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

Could it be an Oakland? Lots of them had similar 10-spoke wooden wheels

Image1636.jpg

MercMad wrote: »
    I agree it doesn't look exactly like a Chrysler, but fromt the angle its hard to make out. the lack of a radiator mascot doesn't help either!
    how about a essex . look at the hub caps they are like a old irish 50p piece the all look a like but the essex had hub caps like that

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Pagoda113

Not sure exactly what it is, but it is 1928.

My father had an Armstrong Siddley (Reg - Z 2308) which was 1928. The car was originally owned by Urney Chocolates in Dublin and had their family crest on the doors. I don't suppose anyone knows its whereabouts now ? ?

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Kevin_Herron

Its a '29 Essex.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭dutchcat

Its a '29 Essex.
    and don't anybody even dare question it !

dutchcat wrote: »
    and don't anybody even dare question it !
    no he prob nos were the car is he some man for numbers

Thanks again for all the replies lads.
    I'm glad the picture has generated a bit of debate.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement