Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C&H Meetup: The Second Attempt

• 02-01-2010 3:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭

I've noticed a lot of flirting with this issue in The Den over the past couple of weeks. I just thought I'd make a thread about it so it doesn't fall into obscurity :)

So yeah.

Go.

EDIT: Better state this to be absolutely safe, but I'm sure you all know the story - don't tell Aoibheann.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

When the second attempt fails to happen a third attempt should revolve around meeting up at Oxegen or another festival / event.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Cork!!!! :D

It's the best location imo and in knifeWRENCH's opinion even if he says otherwise.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Okay, so, party at mine. I'll bring the non-alchoholic beverages and twister, you guys bring some coleslaw. It's going to be awesome.

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Okay, so, party at mine. I'll bring the non-alchoholic beverages and twister, you guys bring some coleslaw. It's going to be awesome.

How about pizza?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Limerick please? :D

Or Ennis.

I dont mind :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Dublin > *.

That, or we can go to visit my tree in Cavan, wherever they plant it.

It could be fun. But where seeing as people are underage and whatnot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Why not have simultaneous meet-ups at different locations?

Dublin/Cork/Limerick or something to that effect.

This sounds good.

And have pictures and then have a big picture thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Yeah. Never gonna happen, is it?

I propose you and I have a meet up of our own A Neurotic!
    Biochemistry on the 18th?

Or better still, a live web link to each of the locations! Also, yes, there can be pizza, but only Henry's pizza.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Can someone tell me why it failed before? I can only remember vividly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I'm up for it, though I shall have absolutely no part in organising it. Unless it's a runaway success, in which case I take full credit for organising it.

Seriously, if it actually goes ahead, I'll do my best to attend wherever it is. Not promising anything though.

EDIT: creggy, I think you mean "vaguely", not "vividly". They have the exact opposite meaning! :p

creggy wrote: »
    Can someone tell me why it failed before? I can only remember vividly.
    So you remember incredibly well, but you want us to tell you again? It failed because we're all lazy, basically

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Dublin so that the most people can make it.
    Some weekend in the college term so that I'd actually be there.
    Preferably mid-late afternoon so I'd be awake, but more importantly early enough for people to be able to get home on bus/train if needed (which i suppose may mean having it earlier and me having to wake up ;_;).
    Not in a pub so young'uns have nothing to worry about.
    Something that won't cost much money.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

This is a good idea.
    I'll prob be able to attend the Limerick one unless I somehow persuade my parents that a day in Cork/dublin shopping is great idea. Which prob wont work out :o

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

As I've mentioned a few times recently, I'm hoping to spend at least one night in Dublin soon anyway. I will definitely make time to meet up with anyone else who's interested.

I'm always in Limerick, so anyone from this part of the world has probably walked past me countless times before without realising it.

And I'm always just a short drive away from D4RK ONION's home-town of Ennis, so I suppose I could make it out there too :P

EDIT: creggy, I think you mean "vaguely", not "vividly". They have the exact opposite meaning! :p

I'm getting too old for this shit :(

Pygmalion wrote: »
    Dublin so that the most people can make it.
    Some weekend in the college term so that I'd actually be there.
    Preferably mid-late afternoon so I'd be awake, but more importantly early enough for people to be able to get home on bus/train if needed (which i suppose may mean having it earlier and me having to wake up ;_;).
    Not in a pub so young'uns have nothing to worry about.
    Something that won't cost much money.
    Eh maybe you mean most people from your circle of boardsie friends but there's just as many west coast people here as there are east coast people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

I'm telling you all now, multiple meet-ups is the only way to please everyone.

It failed because we're all lazy, basically

I'm sure that laziness can be transformed into a deep Rambo-on-the rampage-esque desire to make the meetup should the organiser be ever-so-generous and provide free booze. *prays for a wealthy organiser to take heed*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Eh maybe you mean most people from your circle of boardsie friends but there's just as many west coast people here as there are east coast people.

RACE TRIBE WAR!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

As I've mentioned a few times recently, I'm hoping to spend at least one night in Dublin soon anyway. I will definitely make time to meet up with anyone else who's interested.

I'm always in Limerick, so anyone from this part of the world has probably walked past me countless times before without realising it.

And I'm always just a short drive away from D4RK ONION's home-town of Ennis, so I suppose I could make it out there too :P

Amusingly I'm frequently/occasionally in all 3 of those places.. o.O Stalker! I live in Dublin and have family in both of the other two places.. Loads of beers! \o/ If only I drank beer..

I'm telling you guys, 3 locations with decent tv, laptop and internet connection, and we can have big screen live feeds to each of them. That'd be awesome, I think :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

For the failed meetup a vote was held, guess which city kicked the West Coast's ass? :D

Most of the youth from the west wouldn't arsed travelling east and vice versa. Bah, teenagers.

I can guess, but do I really care? I'm selfish like that <3

I'm telling you guys, 3 locations with decent tv, laptop and internet connection, and we can have big screen live feeds to each of them. That'd be awesome, I think :)

To non-Boardsies (i.e. the general public) it might appear a tad odd / pathetic though. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Meet in the middle.

...Tipperary.

Only not my house. Jesus Juice doesn't seem to be online, so I volunteer his services.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Only problem with multiple meetups is that you don't get to meet everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Might just be easier if some of the Dublin college students from teh forum come to the TCD beers. Which Gheybheann is organizing as we speak.

Advertisement