Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Look Nationalist

Options
  • 14-04-2010 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭

The new Nationalist looks weird don't ya think? Bet it changes back after a few weeks.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

not too taken with it either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

they tried this smaller format before and sales fell through the floor iirc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭honkytonk52

people just don't like change ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

It should always be like this. Far better than that huge ****ing thing.. How are you meant to comfortably read it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Much better, hated trying to read the big version on the train or bus, or even at home. The new version is so much handier, all the same stuff just in a smaller easier to read version. Thumbs up to the Nationalist for this one for sure, plus the being available on a Tuesday is an interesting attack on the Carlow People!!!
    Will be fun to see how readership of both papers goes over next few weeks!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

I agree the New size is so much handier to read, Hope they dont decide to stop using this size

• Registered Users Posts: 29 TowerIRL

I agree myself, the new size is far easier and less messy, nothing worse than trying to sit back on the couch and be surrounded by paper and getting wrapped up in it trying to change the page lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

I'm lead to believe that the old guard haven't taken too well to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 jimmyhat

Great for the man who likes to read on the toilet

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭questioner

jimmyhat wrote: »
    Great for the man who likes to read on the toilet

'specially if you run out of TP:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

I've removed 4 posts from this thread.
    Brian Capture, keep on topic or take it to PMs.

ShayK1
    Carlow Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Morf wrote: »
    I'm lead to believe that the old guard haven't taken too well to it.

The old guard will buy it regardless, theyre probably trying to sex it up and bring in younger people

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

ColHol wrote: »
    The old guard will buy it regardless, theyre probably trying to sex it up and bring in younger people

The auld folk are gettin to grips with it, but honestly its so much better for all surely.
    You get it and can lie outside if sun is on form, or if u are a only in Carlow weekend person like me, its dead handy to grab and read either on a Friday night or if u are heading out well postpone it till Saturday!

i never bought half a nationalist when they tried this nonsence before and i will not be buying this watered down rag either! it will end up no better than the Carlow advertiser which is a great little free paper for what it aims to do but it is not a provincial weekly!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I'm actually used to it now and i don't think i'd go back to the old one now. Its much easier to read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

foggy_lad wrote: »
    i never bought half a nationalist when they tried this nonsence before and i will not be buying this watered down rag either! it will end up no better than the Carlow advertiser which is a great little free paper for what it aims to do but it is not a provincial weekly!

its the SAME paper...just printed differently!
    What do you mean by 'watered down rag', when its the exact same content? :confused:

ottostreet wrote: »
    its the SAME paper...just printed differently!
    What do you mean by 'watered down rag', when its the exact same content? :confused:
    quarter page adverts now become half page adverts and the standard of journalism usually decreases with the page size.

quarter page adverts now become half page adverts and the standard of journalism usually decreases with the page size.

That's simply not true whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Same journalists, same features, same sections. Pick up a broadsheet indo and a compact indo and compare the two, they're exactly the same!

ColHol wrote: »
    Same journalists, same features, same sections. Pick up a broadsheet indo and a compact indo and compare the two, they're exactly the same!
    how have the sales been since the change? as i said they tried this twice before afaik and had to revert to the proper format due to a massive drop in sales. i cant see that being any different now.

• Advertisement

how have the sales been since the change? as i said they tried this twice before afaik and had to revert to the proper format due to a massive drop in sales. i cant see that being any different now.

you're grasping at straws now

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭legendal

they tried this twice before afaik and had to revert to the proper format due to a massive drop in sales.

Don't remember them ever doing that. What's more, I seem to recall their editorial a few weeks back talking about how it was the first change to their format in their 120+ years. So not only is that a phantom drop in sales, the first part of your argument is flawed as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

I don't buy the nationalist but

small newspaper >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> big newspaper

sitting on the jacks trying to read the nationalist before was :rolleyes:

Advertisement