Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life

• 28-06-2010 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭

I'm completely sick of my life. I'm almost 20 and haven't been able to score a better job than a cook at a local fast food joint. What makes it worse is that I live in a small town so business is pretty limited, and where I work is the only place that'll hire people who didn't do the Leaving. I'd get the hell out of this town if I could actually drive too, but I've failed every damn test I've ever taken. I'm socially awkward, even my only other co-worker ****ing hates my guts. I have repressed lust for one of my best friends too; she's athletic, smart and a gorgeous girl. I love her. You know what it's like; I've been friend zoned real hard. She's my only real friend, besides this one kid, who I'm pretty sure is only hanging around me because he is mentally challenged. I guess he's the only one that can tolerate me. And what makes this all worse is that I live in a pineapple under the sea.
    Anyone got a worse life than me? I doubt it.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Someone call Bob Geldoff....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

At least you're not a sponge.

I ruined teh joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

Personal Issues datta way ==>

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Just come out for a spot of Jelly fishing. It always cheers me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

PI is thataway
    >>

Damn you 00112984! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Does anyone else find it repulsive that there's a Krusty Krab in Bikini Bottom?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Get a guitar and join a band.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

do your leaving cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Don't focus on the negative. Youth is one of the greatest assets any person can have, don't waste it. Educate yourself there's thousands of things you could be doing other than sitting around all day moaning about the end results of your own inaction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Banned Account

OP - I should point out at this stage that it's going to get worse - your 'friend' copped you having a danger **** in the bed beside her the other day:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Elevator

you're only 20 for christs sake, life is tough for us all at that age, move or emmigrate and it'll get better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

giggsy664 wrote: »
    I'm completely sick of my life. I'm almost 20 and haven't been able to score a better job than a cook at a local fast food joint. What makes it worse is that I live in a small town so business is pretty limited, and where I work is the only place that'll hire people who didn't do the Leaving. I'd get the hell out of this town if I could actually drive too, but I've failed every damn test I've ever taken. I'm socially awkward, even my only other co-worker ****ing hates my guts. I have repressed lust for one of my best friends too; she's athletic, smart and a gorgeous girl. I love her. You know what it's like; I've been friend zoned real hard. She's my only real friend, besides this one kid, who I'm pretty sure is only hanging around me because he is mentally challenged. I guess he's the only one that can tolerate me. And what makes this all worse is that I live in a pineapple under the sea.
    Anyone got a worse life than me? I doubt it.

You can read and write. You live indoors, have a job, a change of clothes, access to the internet (which holds answers to millions of questions about the world and how to integrate in it) and you have ready access to food and water. Millions of people have worse lives than you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

Is AH the new Facebook?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,953 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Sounds like a poor man's Scooby-Doo script.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

00112984 wrote: »
    Is AH the new Facebook?

+1

Prinz and 7 others Likes This

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

Get a haircut, get a suit & get a proper job ya moany hippy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

ScumLord wrote: »
    Don't focus on the negative. Youth is one of the greatest assets any person can have, don't waste it. Educate yourself there's thousands of things you could be doing other than sitting around all day moaning about the end results of your own inaction.

What this guy says. This time next year you could have a full licence. Isn't that a reasonable target to aim for? That's one thing off the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

Life...

you need to get one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Banned Account

I always knew swords was a shithole

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ElaElaElano

You can read and write. You live indoors, have a job, a change of clothes, access to the internet (which holds answers to millions of questions about the world and how to integrate in it) and you have ready access to food and water. Millions of people have worse lives than you.

When did Spongebob get the internet? That's pretty fúcking cool, although I'd imagine the connection's a bit shaky, what with the being miles under the sea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭MightyMighty737

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

giggsy664 wrote: »
    I'm completely sick of my life. I'm almost 20

There's more to the world than just the couple of square miles you inhabit at the moment, and there's more women in the world than those in your current social circle. At 20 you're only a young lad.

Have you gone to FAS or the like to see what training courses are available without a leaving cert ? You could always go back and do the leaving cert.
    Not sure if you'd need to do it full time, or a night course.

But in the short term I think you need to expand your job options, and that means the leaving cert and/or training courses. From there you can launch yourself out into the world beyond Swords.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I know what you mean about life OP. I mean from my perspective I look at it like this: I don't want to see a ghost. It's a sight that I fear most. I'd rather have a piece of toast and watch the evening news. Life, Oh Life!

Do you know what I mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I always knew swords was a shithole

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Demonon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

do your leaving cert or do a fás course. whining on the internet won't solve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

I've seen the OP around a little bit and I have to say I never knew of your deep unhappiness. You always seemed, if anything, over happy and care free. I am really sorry to hear about your troubles but in all fairness you have accomplished a fair bit. Like that time some asshole stole that mans hat and you went pretty far to get it back from him.

You seem to take pretty good pride in your work too. I'be seen that place you work mad busy and you make the burgers faster than anyone i've ever seen and you genuinely seem to take pride in your work.

Just keep your head up OP. Maybe grad a goofy goober on the way home to cheer you up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭Trashbat

Demonon wrote: »

Haha, OP got Caught!

I'm a little slow today though, all the people giving genuine advice about looking at FAS courses and looking to move out and what not are in on a big ironic conspiracy and did actually get the spongebob joke, right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Trashbat wrote: »
    Haha, OP got Caught!

I'm a little slow today though, all the people giving genuine advice about looking at FAS courses and looking to move out and what not are in on a big ironic conspiracy and did actually get the spongebob joke, right?

Could be worse, could ring a bell with your actual life.

Advertisement