Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Modern cases generally have feet that keep them at least half an inch off the ground. And most "bottom-feeder" tower cases have a dust filter between the floor and the PSU. But yeah, those cases really aren't meant for mid- or long-pile carpets :o

Deano12345 wrote: »
    I'm failing to understand what Solitaries edit means so I wont say anything in case I make an eejit of meself !:o

For some curious reason Ryan posted a pic showing some dude screaming **** in giant letters across the screen. And the pic has a surprising size of 0x0 = 0kb in Image Properties so I took it down for safety.

From that post I'm guessing that Ryan tried to link to the Wall Of Facepalm and for whatever reason the site cockblocked the link or the link was incorrect or corrupt or virused :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Overheal wrote: »
    I find it strange that they oriented the PSU that way: yes it makes cable management a tad easier, but where is the intake fan drawing in air from or is it completely obstructed?? Even if the bottom is vented there thats got to be putting strain on it. And low-pile carpet or not - that cant be good for it.

Aye the intake fan is underneath and Im keeping it off the carpet. It has filters that are removable without opening the case and after a week of use they are still spotless

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭TiNcAn

That poor 5770 is out of its league. It looks tiny in that case aswell.

You going to upgrade right? cuz a corsair hx850 PSU is... overkill?

Hope your going to overclock that bad boy like there was no tommorow. I expect at least 8ghz tommorow if not more.

TiNcAn wrote: »
    That poor 5770 is out of its league. It looks tiny in that case aswell.

You going to upgrade right? cuz a corsair hx850 PSU is... overkill?

Hope your going to overclock that bad boy like there was no tommorow. I expect at least 8ghz tommorow if not more.

Of course! The 5870 I got was DOA, so ive taken the 5770 from my old rig. The plan is to get 2 5870's

• Advertisement

Not sure about this but is a 5970 just as good if not better than two 5870 in crossfire?

I hear you can also do sli/crossfire setup now with ati and nvidia cards. I would definetly consider getting a 480 and 5870 if that were the case. Imagine the powaahhhhh!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Komplett-Tech: Ryan

Sorry about that Sol. I was indeed trying to post a facepalm pic, guess the site i got it from dosen't like hotlinking much. Just glad it didn't turn out to be a goatsee pic :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

TiNcAn wrote: »
    Not sure about this but is a 5970 just as good if not better than two 5870 in crossfire?

I hear you can also do sli/crossfire setup now with ati and nvidia cards. I would definetly consider getting a 480 and 5870 if that were the case. Imagine the powaahhhhh!!

Twin 5870's would be slightly quicker than a single 5970

Yeah, you can mix GPU's on the Lucid Hydra chipset. Its performance is decidedly ''meh'' when you mix GPU manufacturers (like a GTX480 + 5870) and your also limited to what chipset you can use. I know MSI are the main users of this on their ''Big Bang'' motherboards but they only have a X58 last time I checked (they may also have a P55 model, I'm not too sure)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,923 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

yeah that is an awfully large case eh :p I was kinda avoiding a full length card for my build though so the 5770 will probably suit me just fine. In the Antec Nine Hundred the Motherboard doesnt have a lot of clearance between it and the Motherboard; and what is there is pretty much for cable management. Pics will be forthcoming when I don't have a tangled mess of wires in there.

SDCardPhotos2009-2010004.png
    SDCardPhotos2009-2010010.png
    SDCardPhotos2009-2010007.png
    SDCardPhotos2009-2010005.png
    SDCardPhotos2009-2010006.png
    SDCardPhotos2009-2010002.jpg

Cant do much more with the cables I'm afraid. Not without buying custom ones. and doing some splicing (eep) you should have seen it before i started untangling...

It would easily ingest two full sized cards if i was so deranged, but it will slay many zerg. The Motherboard Heatsinks are one of my favorite features in the entire build. Plus a Turbine-style CPU cool would work stupidly well in this case.

• Advertisement

ARGHHH STOCK HEATSINK.

Nah not really, but it is low profile yes?
    That PSU is gone to waste, planning on upgrading to sli or summat.... innit?

when theres a need to. Right now it tears through everything on its own. Definitely wanted to be able to have room to do whatever with it, Crossfire, RAID, etc.

I wouldve purchased a Termaltake Spin-Q cooler after the build, but despite being absolutely cool looking its gotten some bad reviews for poor mounting. Newegg even pulled it off their website.

35-106-123-S01?$S640W$

I havent seen another cooler that really catches my eye as much. The Cooler Master V10 is kinda neat also but stupidly expensive. Some of the review temps on it though sound nice.

35-103-056-S01?$S640W$

Hah, that q-spin does look really cool, shame that it has faults. The v10 is supposedly the best air cooler on the Market. Does look pretty cool, but it is massive. I get the impression that you have to remove it in order to get at the ram.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Krieg wrote: »
    I get the impression that you have to remove it in order to get at the ram.

Yeah you do,which is a right pita unless you have a removable mobo tray.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

I went for the V8 over the V10, not only was the V10 not on Komplett (and I was ordering all my other parts from them) it was very expensive on other sites.

The V8 is more than enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Menengroth™

02082010771.jpg

02082010797.jpg

Alienware M17x
    Intel® Core™2 Extreme Processor QX9300 (12M Cache, 2.53 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB - Overclocked to 2.93 GHz)
    SLI Dual 1GB GDDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M
    8GB G.Skill DDR3 1333hz RAM
    128GB Corsair Nova Series SSD
    500GB Seagate 7200.4 HDD
    22" Samsung 2233rz 120hz

oh, and its a barrel of laughs to take apart:
    27042010510.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Why were you taking it apart?
    nice colour scheme for the keyboard :D

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Menengroth™

Burgo wrote: »
    Why were you taking it apart?
    Was changing the CPU at the time, takes 10 minutes when you know what you're doing just to get to the CPU, ballache.
    nice colour scheme for the keyboard :D

^^

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭zappb

I know, I know, it's an addiction...mostly from parts I couldn't sell on adverts, it's not put together fully yet, but this was it mid OS install last night.

Fractal Design Array R2 Mitx w/ 300 watt psu - http://www.fractal-design.com/?view=product&category=3&prod=42

This mitx case is pretty cool - it can take 6 hard drives, no cd rom however

Asus M4A88T-I Deluxe mITX, usb 3, AM3 - http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131659

Just sitting around:

Athlon II x4 620 @ 1.15v
    Zalman CNPS7000 LED - at 17dB
    1 x 2GB ddr 3 So Dimm (took this from my laptop as it's using Windows 7 32 bit so don't really need the 4GB)
    1 x samsung MLC 128 gig ssd / 74GB Raptor boot drives
    4 x 500 gb for storage.

array_1
    array_2
    array_3
    array_4
    array_5

array_6

Winding sata cables - Cable management like a pro! and don't forget - sellotape FTW!

array_7

array_8

This is just part of the madness - i7 965 in X1000 Lian Li, and x6 1050T in Lian Li B71
    madness

The empty bottle of baby oil in this picture was not used for what you might think it could potentially be used for. "allegedly" and "No Really".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

i5-750
    4gb DDR3
    Gigabyte P55A-UD3(god this mobo looks so slick!)
    Sapphire 5830
    NZXT gamma classic casing
    Samsung 22'' Monitor (highly recommend this)

picassa's album of all the pics :http://picasaweb.google.com/seraphimvc/StepByStepBuildPC#

24IMG_5931.JPG
    5830 is just too damn big, the psu cables needed to be plugged into the card before i slot it in on mobo.
    the 'flying' mobo psu cable looks ugly caused of that lol

29IMG_5949.JPG

32IMG_5957.JPG

basically i made a record of 'step by step build a desktop (for a friend)' on my blog so anyone is interested can take a look :P

• Advertisement

Dude! Cable routing! Use it!! The Gamma has it! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

looking at most of these builds, im too ashamed of my cable management to upload pics. i dont know if its just my case, but my cables are EVERYWHERE

RAAAAWR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Not very fancy compared to all the ones here but I was building on a budget and needed something small(ish)...not many good mATX cases around that I could see. It was my first build so excuse the mess of the cables :pac:

i3-530, Asus P7H55M, Nzxt Vulcan, Palit GTX460 768.

149ayxg.jpg
    mmy2x2.jpg
    r2q33k.jpg

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    looking at most of these builds, im too ashamed of my cable management to upload pics. i dont know if its just my case, but my cables are EVERYWHERE

RAAAAWR
    Same. Im surprised there werent more options in the Nine Hundred for this. Also not that pleased with Corsair PSU's cables. Or the VGA Switch card you need on the ASUS to work at x16 on the 2nd slot...

I learned some ****, alright?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Solitaire wrote: »
    Dude! Cable routing! Use it!! The Gamma has it! :p

i did use the cable routing holes :p this is the before pic:
    23IMG_5923.JPG

tidied up cables in the back:
    25IMG_5939.JPG

the placement of psu at the bottom makes the cables not long enough to do the routing :mad:

very tempted to just... hacksaw the A900. Give myself more options.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,206 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Overheal wrote: »
    very tempted to just... hacksaw the A900. Give myself more options.

Yeah, same here. I knew before I built my PC that I'd want good cable management, so I got the 900 as it was recommended but jesus after working on it, two small cable managements holes placed close together isn't what I'd call cable management. I'm looking at the Antec P180 Mini for my next build and that has cable management. Not to mention it's bloody impossible to get the side panel on the 900 if you do manage to get some cables through there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 KLow0329

I built it myself.. i think it looks so sexy~~~

I am planning to sell it around €1200, anyone interested?

Cpu: Intel Core2 Extreme X9650 @ 3.00GHz
    Case: Blue UV Reactive Acrylic Case (totally SEE THROUGH AND SHINING BLUE~!!)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3R
    Graphic Card: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 280
    Memory: 8Gb DDR2
    Hard Drive: 1 X 1TB internal
    Optical Drive: 1 X LG SUPER MULTI BLUE BLU-RAY
    1 X DVD RW
    1 x multi card reader
    Input Device: Logitech Cordless Desktop MX 3200 Laser
    Monitor: 22" LCD Acer AL2216W monitor
    Speaker: Creative® Inspire™ T7900 7.1 surround sound
    Webcam: Creative - Live!Cam Voice
    UPS: MUSTEK POWERMUST 800 PRO

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Picked up my new PC last night. Very happy with it.

This will be the only picture for the moment, not much to look at but very solid buld inside :) plus i dont have any fancy setups like you guys, my desk is awful.

newpcp180.jpg

Setup

Case - Antec P180

MOBO - EVGA X58 SLI LE

CPU - Intel Core i7-920 - 2.66 GHz - 8 MB L3 Cache - LGA 1366 Socket

GFX - SAPPHIRE TECHNOLOGY Radeon Toxic HD 5850 - 1 GB GDDR5

PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro M700 700W PC Power Supply

RAM - 6GB DDR3 triple channel - OCZ Gold Low-Voltage Triple Channel 3 x 2 GB DDR3-1600 PC3-12800 CL8 PC Memory

HDD1 - Intel X25-M MLC 2.5 Solid State Disk (SSD) - 80 GB - SATA-300

HDD2 - Samsung SpinPoint F3 Desktop Class HD103SJ Hard Drive - 3.5"- 1 TB - 32 MB - 7200 rpm - SATA-300

Cooling (Case) - 1 x Noctua 120mm Silent fans

Cooling (CPU) - Noctua CPU Cooler

DVD - Sony Nec Optiarc DVD-RW

Keyboard - Logitech Illuminated Keyboard

Mouse - Logitech MX Revolution

I might take some pictures of the inside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭game4it70

Nice rig MarkJD,now start overclocking the bejebus outta that 920;)

Advertisement