Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Overtaking the moving vehicle - Traffic Violation

• 16-09-2010 6:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Dear Seniors,

Company's Vehicle (Truck mounted crane) while its way back to office from Yard was stopped and impounded by the traffic police due to violation of traffic rule.

The incident had occurred at flyover, as our vehicle was moving behind a heavily loaded vehicle, which was unable to move up smoothly.

Our driver attempts to overtake the front vehicle from the right hand side, successfully, and after 500 to 600 meters away the traffic police had stopped the vehicle and due to violation of overtaking, they challaned and impounded our vehicle at Punjabi Bagh, Delhi.

The incident occurred on 12-09-2010 (Sunday). Myself visited the Traffic Police station and fulfilled the formalities Sunday itself.

For not obeying the traffic rules by the driver they challaned company as punishment / violation of traffic rule, and impounded the vehicle at Punjabi Bagh, Delhi for compoundable offence.

A challan was issued to us by ACP (T) and asked us to appear on 13-09-2010 before Metropolitan Magistrate in Rohini Court for penalty, accordingly myself and another staff from Plant Dept. appeared in the court and paid Rs.2,100 as penalty and the vehicle was released on same day.

And on the same day 13-09-2010 the ACP, Traffic West District, Delhi had issued a show cause notice to us to appear on 24-09-2010 for finalising the matter.

Violating traffic rules and penalty once imposed, it is normal practice that the vehicle will be impounded for 7 to 30 days by the authorities concerned.

Can any body share their experience, and help me in drafting the reply for not to impound the vehicle again.

I have enclosed the ACP notice also.

Regards,
    Kosh
    ====

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Drop Gay Byrne an email, he's most likely as up to date with the Indian rules of the road as he is with the Irish rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 koshish1971

Dear Sir,

Please suggest me the reply to the notice.

Regards,
    Kosh
    ====

• Registered Users Posts: 20,788 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Kosh, this is an Irish (based in Ireland, Europe) motors forum. I'm not sure if you'd get much of a response from the users here on the judicial and driving system of India. Perhaps you'd be better off seeking advice from an Indian based website? Good luck anyway :)

Curious as to how you can about to end up on boards in the first place :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,462 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Dear Kosh,

We in Ireland are. Little bearing does you Delhi police problem have on us. Little knowledge of Indian traffic law we have.

Kind Regards
    Good Sirs & Seniors

• Registered Users Posts: 3,690 ✭✭✭CR 7

Just tell them you never got the fine show cause notice in the post, and you'll get away with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I would tell the police Mr Ceadunas Tiomana was driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Dear Kosh,

We in Ireland are. Little bearing does you Delhi police problem have on us. Little knowledge of Indian traffic law we have.

Kind Regards
    Good Sirs & Seniors

to be honest, some of the things you see drivers doing on the roads here, theym have little knowledge of irish traffic laws as well.
    Drop Gay Byrne an email, he's most likely as up to date with the Indian rules of the road as he is with the Irish rules.

maybe he should call joe as well

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

try boards.in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Any pictures, Indian trucks are SO different from ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Dear Kosh,

Kind Regards
    Good Sirs & Seniors
    Are you for real?? Banned for a week.

• Advertisement

Constructive advice only, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,605 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Strange. The truck was impounded on the Sunday and you were in court on the Monday, and paid the fine. Truck was released. Why would they impound it again, unless you dint pay the fine.

Regarding writing up a draft to prevent the truck for being impounded again. I suggest the driver avoids overtaking anything else in the future.

Also, the receipt from the court showing that the fine be paid should be good enough. Also explain that the truck wouldn't be on the road if the fine hadn't being paid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

clearly a wind-up... IBTL

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭SilverBell

Dear Seniors,

====

Well lads, you never know who has worked out that neck of the woods....even on an Irish board.

Dear Koshisji

I have drafted a letter which you can use as a base.
    Please put in the name of your director and company address (maybe that is you). As you know, the Police have all the power, so this letter lets them know that, and you are begging not to have the truck impounded.

Best of luck.
    Irish Kaancha Baai

• Registered Users Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭Wossack

bags not opening any attachments in this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Anyone downloaded that PDF ?

I wouldn't anyway ... PDF Exploits in Windows are pretty common !

Nice one SilverBell, hopefully that can help him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭SilverBell

I did.

Wossack wrote: »
    bags not opening any attachments in this thread

Ah come on now!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭Wossack

SilverBell wrote: »
    I did.

Now hes in your computer stealing all your internets!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Posted on citehr.com as well... Anyone downloaded the attachment yet? :P

http://www.citehr.com/281708-company-vehicle-violation-traffic-rule.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

i sense a large wire being pulled here, fellas gettin banned etc.....wood from the tress fellas would be ideal re this original post.

Mena wrote: »
    Posted on citehr.com as well... Anyone downloaded the attachment yet? :P

http://www.citehr.com/281708-company-vehicle-violation-traffic-rule.html

saw that myself and didn't see any reason for concern

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

It's a scan.

With an 'n'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

this thread is amusing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

Can any body share their experience, and help me in drafting the reply for not to impound the vehicle again.

Last time I drove a truck mounted crane in India, I had no problems with the law. You should probably ask here
    http://www.indiabook.com/bbs/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,088 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

I would tell the police Mr Ceadunas Tiomana was driving.

You made me laugh for a good few minutes ;)

Advertisement