Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New HTC Sense (with htcsense.com)

Options
  • 16-09-2010 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Does anybody think us Desire owners will be getting an update to the new HTC Sense?
    I'd say It's likely we won't as an incentive to upgrade to the new HD or Z... :(

I just watched the entire 30min release here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBkyhKpJ57U&sns=em

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I think its up in the air tbh.

HTC don't want to get a rep for dropping phones like hot potatos once they are superceded.

HTC do want to encourage people to buy their latest and greatest.

Guess we'll see soon, the web seems in indicate they haven't decided thamselves yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Fixed that for ya;)

I really, really hope the desire gets the update to the new and improved sense.

TBH i think they will but you won't see it on the legend or hero.

I'm looking for an HTC phone at the moment but the HD is too big,has a small battery and even has the same resolution as the old desire:rolleyes:

The Z is interesting, even though i'm a huge fan of physical qwerty keyboards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Anybody know when htcsense.com is going live? At the moment it's just admin access.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I just got the following email from a nice lady at Gizmodo:
    It'll be free -- but it's not likely they'll offer the new Sense as a firmware update for older models.

Bluefoam wrote: »
    I just got the following email from a nice lady at Gizmodo:

So does that mean older devices won't be able to use HTCSense.com either ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Kenno90 wrote: »
    So does that mean older devices won't be able to use HTCSense.com either ??

That appears to be what she is suggesting by the comment:
    it's not likely they'll offer the new Sense as a firmware update for older models

Bluefoam wrote: »
    That appears to be what she is suggesting by the comment:

:( Crap the old desire with the new software is my idea of the prefect phone.

Even though i just found out about the new software yesterday :D

Advertisement