Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

The Official SE XPERIA X10 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭rushnaldo

That just gives the time the message was received when I hit coverage, doesn't give the time it was sent by the sender.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭padair

This is happening to me aswell. Its a royal pain in the ass
    rushnaldo wrote: »
    Coverage signal pretty poor compared to my last phone. When I leave the house now and a bombing blitz of messages come through as I hit signal i can't figure out what time the messages we're sent. It doesn't say in message details?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

This thread is officially one year old! :p I'm sure if the OP knew the amount of grief that this phone has cased then he wouldn't have bothered :rolleyes:

In other news, Sony Ericsson have released another teaser video for their long over due update to Android 2.1.

This update was first pencilled in for June, then September and now October.......but it is November in a couple of days and their is still no word on when the update will be ready for download. It's beyond frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,260 ✭✭✭source

Raekwon wrote: »
    This thread is officially one year old! :p I'm sure if the OP knew the amount of grief that this phone has cased then he wouldn't have bothered :rolleyes:

In other news, Sony Ericsson have released another teaser video for their long over due update to Android 2.1.

This update was first pencilled in for June, then September and now October.......but it is November in a couple of days and their is still no word on when the update will be ready for download. It's beyond frustrating!

Great video, looks like some good features, but come on already SE....make with the update!!!!!

I am having a problem downloading apps. For every app that I try to download I get the following message "Download was unsuccessful, please try again"

Has this occured to anyone and do you know how I can fix it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,260 ✭✭✭source

padair wrote: »
    I am having a problem downloading apps. For every app that I try to download I get the following message "Download was unsuccessful, please try again"

Has this occured to anyone and do you know how I can fix it?

settings, applications, manage applications, market, uninstall update.

had the same problem and this fixed it....market will work fine afterwards.

Ah ha.. All sorted.
    Thanks.

December now unless its delayed even further

Nothing on the official blog about the further delay :confused:

• Advertisement

Just checked around and it seems that, barring disaster of course, 2.1 will be released in the next few days:
    Thanks for all your 2.1 tweets. It’s in the last stages of testing so will be ready in the next few days. We'll update you with a date ASAP

Source

Finally it's here! :)

Today I can confirm that we will start the roll-out of the Android 2.1 based updates for Xperia X10, X10 mini and X10 mini pro now this coming Sunday. The roll out will start in the evening European time.

So far I have received confirmation that the generic kits for the Nordic countries will be the very first ones out on Sunday evening and then there will be more kits coming already during Monday and then the roll-out will continue throughout the month of November.

As said earlier these updates will give you some features introduced by Android 2.1 and the Xperia X10 will also get HD-video recording in 720p with continuous auto focus.
    The changes in user experience after the update is a mix of things added or changed going from Android 1.6 to Android 2.1 and things changed or improved by us directly.

As a re-cap – The key changes for the different products are the following:

Xperia X10:
    • HD video recording with continuous auto-focus for high quality videos
    • Upgrade of the Android platform to Android 2.1
    • New back up and restore application, with extended content back up
    • 5 homescreens for apps, widgets, shortcuts and folders
    • Social phonebook which automatically syncs contact pictures from Facebook and shows when your friends are online

Xperia X10 mini and X10 mini pro:
    • Improved Bluetooth functionality with support for sending and receiving pictures, contacts and more
    • New backup and restore application with extended content back up
    • Automatic synchronization of your contact pictures between Facebook and your phone book
    • Improved ways of handling pictures, audio, text and numbers in your messages
    • Upgrade of the Android platform to Android platform 2.1

In most markets, your phone will automatically let you know with a notification when the update is ready for your specific software version and then you will be guided to how to perform the update using the PC Companion software. In that process, because of this being a big update, you will also be guided through some steps to be able to backup personal data before the update and then restore it when the update is finished. Find out more at www.sonyericsson.com/update

IMPORTANT: As I’ve pointed out previously here on the blog the software upgrade will be done in a phased roll-out which means that different “kits” gets the update at different times. This to secure quality in all networks and countries. So don’t get paranoid if your phone isn’t updated in the very first days – it will come!

What we mean by a “kit” is a different configuration, i.e. color of the phone, bundled accessories but most importantly in this case different software configurations. The difference in software between different kits is mainly related to included settings, applications, network configuration etc – all this to comply to different legal and network requirements. All of these different kits need separate approvals based on market and network, hence the phased roll-out.
    I will try to keep track of which versions that get released continuously and will post updates when new markets or “kits” become available. Feel free to share your findings in the comments section here when you get the update for your phone!

Source

Excellent. Its the best phone out there :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Cant wait for this update.

Just bear in mind if you have a branded handset you could be waiting a while for the 2.1 update.

Best way to get it fast is to debrand to generic nordic firmware and then you should get the update this weekend.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Posting this from Xda Developers.
    The fastest easiest way to debrand your X10 to Nordic firmware fo rthe Eclair update due out today.
    1. Root your X10i/a (See other posts)
    2. Download Root Explorer.apk (market)
    3. Open Root Explorer and navigate to /SYSTEM
    4. Push on white button in the right top corner of Root Explorer (This wil change R/O in R/W).
    5. Long Press on the file Default.prop and choose "Open in Text Editor"
    6. Change in the folowing lines the XXXX-XXXX (scroll for firm codes):

ro.semc.version.cust=XXXX-XXXX
    ro.product.name=x10_XXXX-XXXX

7. Press "Menu" and choose save and exit
    8. Reboot your Phone
    9. Open PC Companion
    10. Choose Support Zone
    11. Choose Repair (Your phone will be reset and will update with the newest firmware)
    12. When done check your settings in de lock screen (menu-back-back-menu-back-menu-menu-back)

You will need to have the phone rooted with the 1-click root.You need a version of root explorer higher than 2.12.2 as this includes the "text editor" mentioned above.

Change the 2 lines in the above "default.prop" to 1234-8465,reboot and then run the Sony update service.
    You`ll end up with a debranded Nordic software version with the latest firmware.
    Back up everything before you do.I didnt bother as I was going to factory reset anyway for the update.

I have all the required files/apps here if anyone needs them.

The whole process takes less than 5 minutes from start to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,003 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Does it support pinch and zoom after the upgrade or is it just not possible on the x10?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Does it support pinch and zoom after the upgrade or is it just not possible on the x10?

X10's hardware just can't support that.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭gavtron

As far as I can remember it doesn't support multitouch at all, it's to do with a hardware limitation of the screen not the software!

Cheers for all the info guys. I have no clue about rooting so am not even going to try. Ive got a xperia from vodafone so how long do you know before i get the upgrade?

rushnaldo wrote: »
    Cheers for all the info guys. I have no clue about rooting so am not even going to try. Ive got a xperia from vodafone so how long do you know before i get the upgrade?

Probably about 6 months + since they are still on the original firmware that was released with the X10--About 10 steps behind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Bout time, I'm on meteor dunno if i want to root it just to get the update.

Just to confirm that the 2.1 update is out now @ 20.00 Irish Time.Generic Nordic firmwares are being updated through SEUS.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭kwinabeeste

So i have R2BA020 at the moment. Do i need to update to R2BA026 and then SEUS will update to 2.1?

Is it difficult to update to R2BA026? I'm on Three at moment so will prob be waiting for a while for an update from them

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭alanc2003

thanks hellrazer

i have now updated to 2.1, very easy process and better than waiting 6 months for 02 to update the phone

alanc2003 wrote: »
    thanks hellrazer

i have now updated to 2.1, very easy process and better than waiting 6 months for 02 to update the phone

How you find it.Only in the door from Haloween stuff and havent done mine yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭alanc2003

Not bad, taking a bit of time to get used to it

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭kwinabeeste

So i have R2BA020 at the moment. Do i need to update to R2BA026 and then SEUS will update to 2.1?

Is it difficult to update to R2BA026? I'm on Three at moment so will prob be waiting for a while for an update from them

What a breeze - eventually!!!

2.1 is cool!! like the street view on the google navigation!!! iphone 4 users are a tad jealous!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 hnchau

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Posting this from Xda Developers.
    The fastest easiest way to debrand your X10 to Nordic firmware fo rthe Eclair update due out today.

You will need to have the phone rooted with the 1-click root.You need a version of root explorer higher than 2.12.2 as this includes the "text editor" mentioned above.

Change the 2 lines in the above "default.prop" to 1234-8465,reboot and then run the Sony update service.
    You`ll end up with a debranded Nordic software version with the latest firmware.
    Back up everything before you do.I didnt bother as I was going to factory reset anyway for the update.

I have all the required files/apps here if anyone needs them.

The whole process takes less than 5 minutes from start to finish.

Help please~ I click on "default.prop" but it says "you cannot edit this file because the system file is read only"

Thanks in advance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 hnchau

Oooo... I'm all good now! updating.... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,670 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Why do the Nordic countries always get these first?

Advertisement