Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double standard of EU 'Prevention of revision of the Past'

Options
  • 22-12-2010 6:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭

This is a very interesting EU document :

http://ec.europa.eu/justice/doc_centre/rights/studies/docs/memory_of_crimes_en.pdf
    EU won't legislate on communist crimes
    22 December 2010 Last updated at 15:55 GMT
    The European Commission has rebuffed a call from several former Soviet bloc countries for the EU to legislate against the condoning or denial of totalitarian crimes.

But the Commission, which drafts EU laws, pledged to help keep the memory of such crimes alive across Europe.

The EU is treaty-bound to combat hate crimes that target national, religious or ethnic groups.

But the Commission says crimes based on politics are a national-level matter.

Last week Lithuania's Foreign Minister Audronius Azubalis sent a letter to the Commission seeking to criminalise the approval, denial or belittling of communist crimes. He was supported by the foreign ministers of Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Latvia and Romania.
    Diverse laws

In a report released on Wednesday, the Commission said an independent study showed that "there is no one-size-fits-all model" in the EU for dealing with the memory of crimes committed by totalitarian regimes. The Commission-funded study was completed last year.

Many European countries, including France, Germany, Hungary and Austria, have criminalised denial of the Holocaust.

EU member states have diverse ways of dealing with past totalitarian crimes, the Commission said, so the conditions for drafting EU-wide legislation in that area "have not been met".

Article 83 of the treaty on the functioning of the EU sets out areas where Brussels can define criminal offences with a cross-border dimension, including terrorism, human trafficking and corruption. But hate crimes based on political ideology are not on the list.

It would be up to the 27 member states' governments to decide if they wanted to expand the scope of that article.

The Commission said it would, however, "within the scope of its powers... contribute to the processes engaged in the member states to face up to the legacy of totalitarian crimes".
    Euro MPs' pressure

The EU Council - the grouping of member states' governments - had also asked the Commission to examine whether extra EU legislation was needed to tackle the condoning or denial of totalitarian crimes.

Pressure has come from the European Parliament too. In April 2009 MEPs adopted a resolution calling for 23 August to become a "Europe-wide Day of Remembrance for the victims of all totalitarian and authoritarian regimes".

The resolution - not legally binding - also urged the Commission and member states to boost efforts to open up secret police archives and teach European history, to make people more aware of totalitarian crimes.

The Commission noted that four EU states - the Czech Republic, Poland, Hungary and Lithuania - have explicity criminalised the denial of crimes committed by former communist regimes, in their laws against denying totalitarian crimes.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-12059475

I haven't finished reading the entire document yet (and it would take a few days to absorb) but it does appear to be a striking double standard* here on the flimsy basis that communist crimes & repression against innocent people were 'political' and this political categorisation renders them 'local matters'.

Also notable that in some parts of the doc they say Germany had only 12 - 16 yrs of repressive regime !
    Duration of repressive regimes varies widely. For example: 4/5 years in Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Denmark, Austria and France; 12/16 years in Germany and Greece7; 20/22 years in Italy; 39 years in Spain and 44/45 years in the 10 former totalitarian Communist regimes.

Double standard in relation to the repeated attempts to introduce so called holocaust denial legislation across the rest of europe while deeming communist warcrimes, rape, murder, genocide and mass repression as 'political therefore local and not an eu wide matter'

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭jonniebgood1

Morlar wrote: »
    This is a very interesting EU document :

http://ec.europa.eu/justice/doc_centre/rights/studies/docs/memory_of_crimes_en.pdf

I haven't finished reading the entire document yet (and it would take a few days to absorb) but it does appear to be a striking double standard* here on the flimsy basis that communist crimes & repression against innocent people were 'political' and this political categorisation renders them 'local matters'.

Also notable that in some parts of the doc they say Germany had only 12 - 16 yrs of repressive regime !

Double standard in relation to the repeated attempts to introduce so called holocaust denial legislation across the rest of europe while deeming communist warcrimes, rape, murder, genocide and mass repression as 'political therefore local and not an eu wide matter'
    Repressive regime
    This sounds to me like more example of capitalist Europe taking her chance to belittle communism. Perhaps 'capitalist Europe should concentrate on getting her own house in order before making charges against regimes of the past. Is there anything more repressive for example than making the ordinary population pay for the excesses of the few.

Do you feel in general that this type of law is a restriction on free speech?
    What is your opinion on 'so called holocaust denial legislation'?? To me it is like a law the Nazi's would have approved of.
    Questions open to anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

This sounds to me like more example of capitalist Europe taking her chance to belittle communism. Perhaps 'capitalist Europe should concentrate on getting her own house in order before making charges against regimes of the past. Is there anything more repressive for example than making the ordinary population pay for the excesses of the few.

Do you feel in general that this type of law is a restriction on free speech?
    What is your opinion on 'so called holocaust denial legislation'?? To me it is like a law the Nazi's would have approved of.
    Questions open to anyone.

I think you are missing the point of the thread by a country mile.

The point of the thread is not 'hd legislation=good'.

I don't agree with ring fencing an event in history to the benefit of a powerful political lobby.

I also don't agree with the basic assumption that it is an act of denial or a hate crime to question details of a specific historical event.

It is also utter nonsense to say this thread illustrates 'capitalist europe trying to belittle communism'.

The point of the thread is that within the eu there is a double standard when it comes to ww2 warcrimes such as rape murder and genocide, also post ww2 repression.

Also I am questioning the logic of deeming communist warcrimes (inc rape murder and genocide) & ww2 and post war repression directed against innocent civilians across east europe as 'political' and somehow therefore local or national matters and the assertion that this is the case and therefore it becomes 'not eu related'.

I don't agree with ring fencing an event in history to the benefit of a powerful political lobby.

I also don't agree with the basic assumption that it is an act of denial or a hate crime to question details of a specific historical event.

It is also utter nonsense to say this thread illustrates 'capitalist europe trying to belittle communism'.

How innocent can you be? All regimes from different backgrounds do this, not just in history but at present. What better way to show what an 'evil regime' communism is than highlight crimes that took place under communist rule! To say firstly that you dont agree with ring fencing an event in history but then to fail to see that it is a capitalist regime casting its wise head (tut tut tut fashion) at communism shows a real lack of understanding of this. I think you may be getting to caught up in the legalities of political and local, and thus failing to see the overall picture. You should consider this before describing this as nonsense. Perhaps we are heading for our own red scare?

Also I am questioning the logic of deeming communist warcrimes (inc rape murder and genocide) & ww2 and post war repression directed against innocent civilians across east europe as 'political' and somehow therefore local or national matters and the assertion that this is the case and therefore it becomes 'not eu related'.
    Would you bring a complete former regime to account??? ie everybody who acted to put down the Prague spring uprising is guilty? Surely this is a local matter or 'political' as opposed to a war crime and should be left alone?
    It is not very clear what you are questioning, Could you clarify this and perhaps suggest your solution if able?

More coverage of this story :
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/dec/21/european-commission-communist-crimes-nazism

EU rejects eastern states' call to outlaw denial of crimes by communist regimes

Eastern European states wanted Soviet crimes 'treated according to the same standards' as those of Nazi regimes

The European commission has rejected calls from eastern Europe to introduce a so-called double genocide law that would criminalise the denial of crimes perpetrated by communist regimes, in the same way many EU countries ban the denial of the Holocaust.

Last week six countries wrote to Viviane Reding, the European justice commissioner, calling for the "public condoning, denial and gross trivialisation of totalitarian crimes" to be punished.

Foreign ministers from Lithuania, Latvia, Bulgaria, Hungary, Romania and the Czech Republic said communist crimes "should be treated according to the same standards" as those of Nazi regimes, notably in those countries with Holocaust denial laws.

But the EU executive will say in a report due tomorrow that opinion is too divided on the matter and that there is no legal basis allowing Brussels to act.

"There is no consensus on it. The different member states have wildly differing approaches," EU justice spokesman Matthew Newman told the Guardian. He said the commission takes the issue "very seriously", but: "At this stage, the conditions to make a legislative proposal have not been met. The commission will continue to keep this matter under review."

The east European countries point to the EU's ability to make laws relating to "particularly serious" cross-border crimes and a separate EU decision permitting the crafting of rules targeting racism and xenophobia.

But the commission says neither legal instrument mentions totalitarianism and rejects the idea of double genocide. "The bottom line is, obviously, what they did was horrendous, but communist regimes did not target ethnic minorities," said Newman.

According to Lithuania, whose foreign minister leads the campaign to create a new law, the EU's understanding of genocide should be extended to include crimes against groups defined by "social status or political convictions".

Andrius Grikienis, a spokesman for Lithuania's mission to the EU, said: "During the first years of Soviet occupation, Lithuania lost more than 780,000 of its residents. 444,000 fled Lithuania or were repatriated, 275,697 were deported to the gulag or exile, 21,556 resistance fighters and their supporters were killed and 25,000 died on the front."

By comparison, he said: "More than 200,000 citizens of Jewish origin were killed by Nazis and their collaborators."

The commission is also uneasy about wading into a highly controversial area. A number of western EU countries oppose the proposal, suggesting that it is a thinly-veiled attempt at rehabilitation of domestic collaborators while antisemitism remains a live issue on the streets and in the media in the east.

On 25 November, the ambassadors to the Lithuanian capital, Vilnius, of seven EU states including the UK sent a letter to the country's president complaining about a newspaper article by an interior ministry historian, Petras Stankeras, that described the Holocaust as a "legend".

In the letter, they complained about how a court in May had ruled that the swastika is a "traditional Lithuanian symbol" while "spurious attempts are made to equate the uniquely evil genocide of the Jews with Soviet crimes against Lithuania, which, though great in magnitude, cannot be regarded as equivalent in either their intention or result".

Efraim Zuroff, the Nazi-hunter and director of the Simon Wiesenthal Centre's Israel office, describes the effort by the six eastern states as a "false symmetry".

"We have no problem with a day of commemoration for communist crimes, and indeed, something should be done, but the Holocaust was a unique tragedy in history," he said.

"For all the terrible crimes of the USSR, you can't compare the people who built Auschwitz with the people who liberated it. Nazi Germany would probably not have been defeated if it weren't for Russia."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

''the Holocaust was a Unique Tragedy"

thats the official line, which Translates as

We're mintin it from this Holocaust Lark, and We're not Sharing

• Advertisement

''the Holocaust was a Unique Tragedy"

thats the official line, which Translates as

We're mintin it from this Holocaust Lark, and We're not Sharing

Could you expand on this? Was it not unique in terms of its scale in modern times (particularly in comparison to 'crimes' in eastern europe that are involved in this story)?

. . . in comparison to 'crimes' in eastern europe that are involved in this story)?

Why have you put the word 'crimes' in quote marks - are you trying to imply they were somehow not crimes ?

Why have you put the word 'crimes' in quote marks - are you trying to imply they were somehow not crimes ?

You really are struggling for an argument there!!!:D - I put the word in as a quote simply because they are alleged crimes rather than factual, proven crimes.

Thus I am quoting a view that what we are talking about was a crime. That view may or may not be true. As there is no specific incident being discussed it would be hard, I feel, to decide if it was a crime.

heres the First link I found after a ten second Google
    http://www.scaruffi.com/politics/dictat.html

See, Far from being a Unique tragedy there have been many many Genocides and Holocausts in the twentieth century, All horrible , all resulting tin the Deaths of a lot of people, all CRIMES, however there seems to be a concerted effort to ignore all others and focus on one regieme above all else. do you find that a little suspicious that the Nazi camps get wo much press but no one mentions the Gulags, where by some accounts 3 times as many people died, why is this, or why Did Israel get ****ty with Turkey for calling the Armenian Genocide a Holocaust?

You really are struggling for an argument there!!!:D -

Actually it is you who has a pathetic argument here. First of all to misunderstand the thread to the point where you view this as some kind of 'capitalist eu trying to belittle commmunism' nonsense and now to pathetically trying to allege that there were no actual communist crimes - only alleged 'crimes'. Pathetic.

• Advertisement

Alleged Crimes FFS you Hasbra Shills get cheekier with each new induction

if I said

There is NO Physical evidence Linking Adolf Hitler to the Entlosung, therefore its only an Alleged Crime

I'm sure you would call to have me banned.

Would the weisenthal center etc's reluctance to put the Crimes of the Soviets in the same basket have anything to do with the disproportionatly large concentration of Jews in positions of authority during those regimes?????????

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

You really are struggling for an argument there!!!:D - I put the word in as a quote simply because they are alleged crimes rather than factual, proven crimes.

Thus I am quoting a view that what we are talking about was a crime. That view may or may not be true. As there is no specific incident being discussed it would be hard, I feel, to decide if it was a crime.

They WERE crimes, not "crimes". Just because they were committed against Germans and their allies does not make them any less serious. And you don't seem to get the point of the thread, prosecutions against allied personnel accussed of war crimes was banned, thus no single allied soldier was put in jail for the same types of crimes that many germans were jailed or executed for.

Also in reference to the double standard in evidence in EU law, I would put the reticence to criticise the old USSR and personnel who fought for it down to the fact that neo-soviets like the Russian leader Vladimir Putin would go absolutely mental if suggestions of soviet war crimes was even mooted.

Actually it is you who has a pathetic argument here. First of all to misunderstand the thread to the point where you view this as some kind of 'capitalist eu trying to belittle commmunism' nonsense and now to pathetically trying to allege that there were no actual communist crimes - only alleged 'crimes'. Pathetic.
    They WERE crimes, not "crimes". Just because they were committed against Germans and their allies does not make them any less serious. And you don't seem to get the point of the thread, prosecutions against allied personnel accussed of war crimes was banned, thus no single allied soldier was put in jail for the same types of crimes that many germans were jailed or executed for.
    Seriously folks- How can a non-defined act (which is what we are talking about here) be a crime. As we are not talking about specifics it is not possible to judge whether there is guilt involved therefore it is a crime. This should not be hard to understand as it is basic law, no more complicated than this. It should be in no way interpreted as excusing actual crimes.

Prosecuting soviet era crimes would be another west (good) versus soviet (replacing Germany as bad) excuse for justice.

As for Mahatma trying to introduce his own piece of irrelevent wisdom- I have'nt checked my atlas but I dont think Armenia is covered by EU law!!!
    I suppose he'll disagree though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭xflyer

Jonniebgood1, just to tip you off. You seem to be missing the theme of this particular thread. Your opponents are less interested in the fact that the EU won't prosecute pepretrators of Communist crimes but merely highlight the supposed hypocrisy of the EU in continuing to persecute and prosecute members of Third Reich and continuing the promote the 'myth' of six million Jews eliminated in the Holocaust. This as you may gather from Mahatma Coat's post is the fault of the Jews who are still lying and making money from it.

So it's pointless debating whether or not Communist crimes should be investigated because this thread isn't about that. It's part of an ongoing campaign to rehabilitate the Third Reich and rewrite history. Check out other posts of these individuals. But it's all over the internet too.

Now I'll put on my M40 and retire to my bunker to avoid the incoming.

Seriously folks- How can a non-defined act (which is what we are talking about here) be a crime. .. . . . .

I have'nt checked my atlas but I dont think Armenia is covered by EU law!!!

Armenia was mentioned by a poster in relation to the alleged uniqueness of the holocaust - nowhere does anyone on this thread confuse Armenia as being in the eu or subject to eu law.

If this is your attempt at deflection it is not convincing.

So your defence for using irony quote marks around the word "crimes" in the context of the sentence 'crimes of communist regimes' is because no specific event was mentioned ?
    EU won't legislate on communist crimes
    22 December 2010 Last updated at 15:55 GMT
    The European Commission has rebuffed a call from several former Soviet bloc countries for the EU to legislate against the condoning or denial of totalitarian crimes.

But the Commission, which drafts EU laws, pledged to help keep the memory of such crimes alive across Europe. The EU is treaty-bound to combat hate crimes that target national, religious or ethnic groups. But the Commission says crimes based on politics are a national-level matter.

Last week Lithuania's Foreign Minister Audronius Azubalis sent a letter to the Commission seeking to criminalise the approval, denial or belittling of communist crimes. He was supported by the foreign ministers of Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Latvia and Romania.

In order to use the phrase 'Communist Crimes' or 'Totalitarian Crimes' (as in the bbc article this thread is based on) within a sentence nowhere is there a requirement to specify which exact crime. This is a flimsy, nonsense proposition from you and it's one I doubt you would attempt to apply to other regimes.

Seriously folks- How can a non-defined act (which is what we are talking about here) be a crime. As we are not talking about specifics it is not possible to judge whether there is guilt involved therefore it is a crime. This should not be hard to understand as it is basic law, no more complicated than this. It should be in no way interpreted as excusing actual crimes.

Prosecuting soviet era crimes would be another west (good) versus soviet (replacing Germany as bad) excuse for justice.

Either you just don't get it or you are trolling, its hard to tell.

Its not about labelling one side or the other good or bad, or any other perjorative term. Its about the fact that ex-Soviet personnel CANNOT be prosecuted for acts that they committed. There cannot be trials because trials of their personnel are banned. The soviets committed massive crimes against the countries of eastern europe and germany and they have gotten away with it.

To make it worse the EU won't even discuss the matter properly and if you can't understand how that is hypocritical then you must have no shred of morality in you.

xflyer wrote: »
    Jonniebgood1, just to tip you off. You seem to be missing the theme of this particular thread. Your opponents are less interested in the fact that the EU won't prosecute pepretrators of Communist crimes but merely highlight the supposed hypocrisy of the EU in continuing to persecute and prosecute members of Third Reich and continuing the promote the 'myth' of six million Jews eliminated in the Holocaust. This as you may gather from Mahatma Coat's post is the fault of the Jews who are still lying and making money from it.

So it's pointless debating whether or not Communist crimes should be investigated because this thread isn't about that. It's part of an ongoing campaign to rehabilitate the Third Reich and rewrite history. Check out other posts of these individuals. But it's all over the internet too.

If you are going to post crap like that then you better have something to back it up. Go ahead and check my posts about Israel on just about any Israel/IDF thread in the politics forum, go right ahead. And then you can sit down and stfu.

Armenia was mentioned by a poster in relation to the alleged uniqueness of the holocaust - nowhere does anyone on this thread confuse Armenia as being in the eu or subject to eu law.

If this is your attempt at deflection it is not convincing.
    Your assumption is wrong, I was trying to keep the debate within the context of your own OP (perhaps you should re-read it)
    So your defence for using irony quote marks around the word "crimes" in the context of the sentence 'crimes of communist regimes' is because no specific event was mentioned ?
    No- completely wrong, refer to post no. 9 rather than trying to twist my words.
    In order to use the phrase 'Communist Crimes' or 'Totalitarian Crimes' (as in the bbc article this thread is based on) within a sentence nowhere is there a requirement to specify which exact crime. This is a flimsy, nonsense proposition from you and it's one I doubt you would attempt to apply to other regimes.

Are you joking or not reading the post, you are arguing against one of the fundementals of law, that is, innocent until proven guilty. It is not nonsense and I would apply it to all regimes, i.e. not all SS were involved actively in the Holocaust therefore they are not guilty of Holocaust crimes. That you have tryed to generalise this as above does not fool anyone.

To make it worse the EU won't even discuss the matter properly and if you can't understand how that is hypocritical then you must have no shred of morality in you.

Whos trolling.

Your assertion quoted above is that the "EU won't even discuss the matter properly".

The OP quotes an article in which the EU council is discussing the best way to deal with this subject.

I'll keep my question simple for you-
    Can you see the contradiction?

If you are going to post crap like that then you better have something to back it up. Go ahead and check my posts about Israel on just about any Israel/IDF thread in the politics forum, go right ahead. And then you can sit down and stfu.

Very mature defence of your point of view- good man...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭xflyer

I wasn't even referring to him, Jonnie, just the usual suspects. Ironic really.

Whos trolling.

Your assertion quoted above is that the "EU won't even discuss the matter properly".

The OP quotes an article in which the EU council is discussing the best way to deal with this subject.

I'll keep my question simple for you-
    Can you see the contradiction?

I said "EU won't even discuss the matter properly"

And they aren't discussing it properly, not while actions from one country can't be officially designated as war crimes.

I wasn't even referring to him, Jonnie, just the usual suspects. Ironic really.

If you are going to say things like that then you should be specific and be able to back it up with evidence. If not then keep your counsel to yourself.

I said "EU won't even discuss the matter properly"

And they aren't discussing it properly, not while actions from one country can't be officially designated as war crimes.

That is a different arguement and our definitions of what 'properly' means may be different. I think they have looked at it in the matter that these type of situations are invariably reviewed, i.e. with reports such as http://ec.europa.eu/justice/doc_centre/rights/studies/docs/memory_of_crimes_en.pdf
    By highlighting problems with a universal law as they do clearly in this report (see section 3.1 and table 3.1.1 showing the wide variations of existing laws) and also pointing to existing protections of victims rights as per section 4.1.1 they appear to steer the EU in a the direction that they have taken, that is the problems should be dealt with locally. I would contend that this type of forensic review shows that they are looking at the issue genuinely.

I am not sure if you are specifically referring to one country with your final quoted line? Could you clarify that.

Your assumption is wrong, I was trying to keep the debate within the context of your own OP (perhaps you should re-read it)

With most posters I would give them the benefit of the doubt. However in your case I would have to agree with the view that you are trolling and nothing more.
    No- completely wrong, refer to post no. 9 rather than trying to twist my words.

The contention that using the phrase "communist crimes" or "totalitarian crimes" requires the use of irony quote marks around the word crimes - unless a specific event is referenced is a nonsense invention. Claiming that this is a legalistic approach is Pathetic.

If you are going to say things like that then you should be specific and be able to back it up with evidence. If not then keep your counsel to yourself.

I'd agree with BlaasforRafa here - if you are going to sit on the sidelines slinging accusations into the thread against people I would appreciate you would at least make them specific allegations against named people. Otherwise your behaviour doesn't reflect very well on you - it's what most people would call a 'cheap shot'.

The contention that using the phrase "communist crimes" or "totalitarian crimes" requires the use of irony quote marks around the word crimes - unless a specific event is referenced is a nonsense invention. Claiming that this is a legalistic approach is Pathetic.

Again- refer to post no. 9 if you have trouble understanding this. I don't see why your getting yourself worked up about the use of quotes (or irony quotes as you refer). I will call it a 'crime' unless I see guilt.

Thus my 'crime' is using inverted commas whilst your crime is trying to write off alternative views as pathetic (as in post no. 26), cheap shots (as in post no. 27), nonsense (as in post no. 16), Pathetic & nonsense (as in post no. 11) and nonsense (as in post no. 3).
    So:
    1. I would seriously like to know if you think that is a convincing way to argue your point of view in a discussion? Answer that please? To most observers, when you use that type of vitriol in so many different posts it shows a lack of ability to engage properly in the discussion.

If you would like to engage then I also previously asked:
    2. Would you bring a complete former regime to account??? ie everybody who acted to put down the Prague spring uprising is guilty? Surely this is a local matter or 'political' as opposed to a war crime and should be left alone? Are there particular wrongs for which you think legislation is needed (specifics)?

Again- refer to post no. 9 if you have trouble understanding this. I don't see why your getting yourself worked up about the use of quotes (or irony quotes as you refer). I will call it a 'crime' unless I see guilt.

Thus my 'crime' is using inverted commas whilst your crime is trying to write off alternative views as pathetic (as in post no. 26), cheap shots (as in post no. 27), nonsense (as in post no. 16), Pathetic & nonsense (as in post no. 11) and nonsense (as in post no. 3).
    So:
    1. I would seriously like to know if you think that is a convincing way to argue your point of view in a discussion? Answer that please? To most observers, when you use that type of vitriol in so many different posts it shows a lack of ability to engage properly in the discussion.

If you would like to engage then I also previously asked:
    2. Would you bring a complete former regime to account??? ie everybody who acted to put down the Prague spring uprising is guilty? Surely this is a local matter or 'political' as opposed to a war crime and should be left alone? Are there particular wrongs for which you think legislation is needed (specifics)?

Actually what most observers see right through are a total lack of substance from you, your attempts at diversion and repeated drivel. This is the total of your contribution to this and other threads on here.

Aside from utterly misunderstanding this thread (to the point where you view it as 'Capitalist europe attempting to belittle communism'), and aside from using quote marks around the word "Crime" in relation to communist /totalitarian crimes that is, and from then trying to argue that you are doing so on the basis of legal principle. You see when you post nonsense into a thread people will then call it nonsense & pathetic etc.

To then to the point where we arrive at this post here - yet more diversionary nonsense from you.

Actually what most observers see right through are a total lack of substance from you, your attempts at diversion and repeated drivel. This is the total of your contribution to this and other threads on here.

Aside from utterly misunderstanding this thread (to the point where you view it as 'Capitalist europe attempting to belittle communism'), and aside from using quote marks around the word "Crime" in relation to communist /totalitarian crimes that is, and from then trying to argue that you are doing so on the basis of legal principle. You see when you post nonsense into a thread people will then call it nonsense & pathetic etc.

To then to the point where we arrive at this post here - yet more diversionary nonsense from you.

Confirmation of post 28. Thanks. (not able to answer the questions either!)

• Advertisement

Confirmation of post 28. Thanks. (not able to answer the questions either!)

It would be great if you would not post back onto this thread until you

a) understand what it is about,
    b) have a valid point to make.

Advertisement