Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[April 9/10] NTSA 10m Airgun National Championships 2011

Options
  • 05-04-2011 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭

The NTSA National Airgun Championships will take place on 9th/10th April in the UCD Range. Pistol details will be held on Saturday with Rifle on Sunday. Visit the NTSA website for full information and lane booking facility.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

From the NTSA website:
    NTSA Airgun Championships 2011

We are delighted to announce the 2011 National Airgun Championships, which are to be held in University College Dublin’s range on the weekend of the 9th/10th of April 2010, with Air Pistol events on Saturday 9th and Air Rifle events on Sunday 10th.

NOTE: This is a qualification match for ISSF World Cup, Fort Benning, USA and ISSF World Cup, Munich, Germany.

Pre-booking is essential. To book a detail, you must be logged in to this site using the login form on the left.

When logged in, select "Book Detail" from the user menu, select 'NTSA Airgun Championships 2011' from the competitions list, then select the required competition date and proceed as instructed.

The format for this year’s competitions is as follows:

Event 1 - Men’s National Air Rifle Championships:
    This will be an Air Rifle 60 shot qualifying event leading into a 10 shot final.

Event 2 - Women’s National Air Rifle Championships:
    This will be an Air Rifle 40 shot qualifying event leading into a 10 shot final.

Event 3 - Junior National Air Rifle Championships:
    Male and Female (Under 21- I.S.S.F.) This will be based on an Air Rifle 40 shot score. Juniors wishing to compete in this Event must compete in either Event One or Event Two above. In the case of male junior shooters, the 40 shot score that will be used for this junior event will be the first 40 competition shots taken from their 60 shot event above. In the case of female shooters the 40 shot score which will be used in this junior event will be the same as their 40 shot event above. There is no separate entry into this Event.

Event 4 - National Air Pistol Championships:
    Male and Female, Senior and Junior. This will be an Air Pistol 60 shot qualifying event leading into a 10 shot final.

Finals for the above:
    The Finals for the above will be restricted to NTSA members who are eligible to shoot for Ireland. Selection of the top eight shooters for the purposes of the finals will be done on this basis.

Class Prizes:
    All Competitors in Classes A, B, C, and D will be able to compete for prizes in these Classes. There will be three prizes per class. For this event, the class prizes will be based on the first 40 shot score recorded from the 60 in Event One and the 40 shot score of Event Two. There are no class prizes for Air Pistol. Re-entry is not permitted.

Fees:
    For event one, two and four, the fees are as follows:
    * Adult entry = €20.00
    * Student and/or Junior entry = €15.00

Closing date for entries: 12 hours before detail start time.

Event Schedule:

Air Pistol - Saturday, 9th April 2011:
    Detail 1: 10.00
    Detail 2: 12.00
    10-Shot Final: 14.15
    Medal Ceremony to follow

Air Rifle - Sunday, 10th April 2011:
    Detail 1: 10.00
    Detail 2: 12.00
    Detail 3: 14.00
    Men's 10-Shot Final: 16.15
    Women's 10-Shot Final: 16.45
    Medal Ceremony to follow

Subject to technical issues on the day, Live Scoring of the events will be available from the Main Menu on www.targetshooting.ie
    Detail times subject to demand and may be changed depending on entries.
    We wish to thank UCD Rifle Club for their continued support and use of their facilities.
    All queries regarding this event should be forwarded to the Airgun Coordinator using the committee link on the main menu.
    E&OE

Details are already starting to fill, we've nine shooters in so far after the announcement's been up for less than a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Should be shooting the rifle in this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭xesse

(Event 4 - National Air Pistol Championships:
    Male and Female, Senior and Junior. This will be an Air Pistol 60 shot qualifying event leading into a 10 shot final.

Finals for the above:
    The Finals for the above will be restricted to NTSA members who are eligible to shoot for Ireland. Selection of the top eight shooters for the purposes of the finals will be done on this basis.)
    :confused:
    Does this mean that a non NTSA member can't shoot in the final thus not able to win a medal?
    And can you pay membership to the NTSA on the day in UCD?

xesse wrote: »
    :confused:
    Does this mean that a non NTSA member can't shoot in the final thus not able to win a medal?
    Yes, but be fair, it's the NTSA National Championships. And there's plenty of warning been given here (even though this is always how national championships are run, and not just in the NTSA but in pretty much all the NGBs I know of).
    Usually, but I think someone from the NTSA should give you the official answer.

• Advertisement

Jesus guys why not have an open championship and pull a few more shooters into this sport?
    The rules at the moment allow anyone to pay and shoot the competition unless you are good enough to do well that is.
    And the first i seen this advertisied was dated the 05/04/11 and i,m only back in the country yesterday.
    Anyone looking to buy a good airpistol and freepistol?

Sparks wrote: »
    Yes, but be fair, it's the NTSA National Championships. And there's plenty of warning been given here (even though this is always how national championships are run, and not just in the NTSA but in pretty much all the NGBs I know of).
    Usually, but I think someone from the NTSA should give you the official answer.

Jesus guys why not have an open championship and pull a few more shooters into this sport?
    The rules at the moment allow anyone to pay and shoot the competition unless you are good enough to do well that is.
    Utter rubbish.

The rules let you compete in the open and win class prizes without being in the NTSA, unless I've misread them badly.

The rules also say that the National Championships are open only to those in the NTSA and who can hold an Irish passport. There's nothing unfair or unusual about that. It's been that way for as long as I've been shooting. And frankly, it's right that it's that way.

And if you think you can walk up without training and outshoot anyone on the line (or that anyone else could do so), then go right ahead and do so; but I'd say that you've seen The Karate Kid a bit too often if you really believe that :D

well that's what i did last year:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

Xesse

best bet is to land over and win it again

I'm kind of tempted to get me an airgun and have a go - it'll be next year before I can give you a run tho - too many balls in the air at the moment.

As to the Karate Kid analogy - wax on, wax off.
    B'Man

B'Man

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭.177

You might be taking some slight poetic licence there :)

Wouldn't really call it walking in off the street when you'd shot four competitions in UCD in the previous three months (winning most of them I should add :))

• Advertisement

Bananaman wrote: »
    As to the Karate Kid analogy - wax on, wax off
    As my father would say, "talk's cheap".

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Mr.Flibble

And the first i seen this advertisied was dated the 05/04/11 and i,m only back in the country yesterday.
    Anyone looking to buy a good airpistol and freepistol?

A/P - what type and how much?

F/P - can't be many of them in the country. What type is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

You can download the membership form and pay online on the NTSA website. Just login and choose 'Join the NTSA' from either the 'User Menu' or 'NTSA' menu.

Bring your filled in form with you. Couldn't be easier :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Last year you were registered with the NTSA automatically with your club's affiliation.

From the NTSA website:
    Airgun Nationals - Pistol - Preliminary Results
    Saturday, 09 April 2011 17:11 Joe Kinane

Ten shooters competed in the Air Pistol Nationals , Saturday April 9th. The surprise of the event must be the emergence of a bright new talent from the ranks of the Modern Pentathlon Association of Ireland (MPAI), Tom O'Brien. This 17 year-old, in only one of his first competitive outings, medalled in 3rd place. He narrowly missed a second place in the qualification stage because he ran out of time on his last shot!

Final results:

1st Place - Peter Friend (Addiscombe RC) (542+97.0 = 639.0)

2nd Place - Joe Conroy (Fermoy RC) (530+95.8 = 625.8)

3rd Place - Tom O'Brien (MPAI) (528+86.2 = 614.2)

Full detailed results to follow.

DSC_6354_res.JPG
    Peter Friend receiving his Gold Medal from NTSA President, Liam Crawford

DSC_6352_res.JPG
    Joe Conroy Receives Silver from Liam Crawford

DSC_6350_res.JPG
    17 year old Tom O'Brien from MPAI receives his Bronze Medal from Liam Crawford.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭FLOYDSTER

No live scores then?, or I'm I looking in the wrong place?;)

Network connectivity problems I think Floydster.
    Highest score when I left was Paul O'Boyle on 574. I left early though because I tweaked my back a bit while shooting (I swear, that jacket has a date with a barbecue pit and a pint of petrol...) so the Cunninghams hadn't finished shooting yet and Ray hadn't started. First detail was fairly full; last two were completely full. Looked like an excellent day in the making, though I think IWM had a flier just before I left that nearly had him throw the rifle downrange in disgust :(

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭FLOYDSTER

Probably cheaper using fire lighters with the cost of petrol at the mo!!
    I wonder did IWM's rifle survive? lol

Barely. If it weren't a club gun, there'd have been amateur javelin demonstrated downrange. Shots were better than results, let's say. I have my suspicions as to a couple of reasons, but I'll keep them to myself until I get diagnosis time.

Just for the sake of interest, to anticipate results, Ray Kane won with 579. Had a decent final too. The women's match was won by Laura Cunningham with 381 in the qualification match, can't recall her final. DURC's Emily Wallace took the women's bronze in her first year of shooting with 365 and a decent final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

Results up - posted on NTSA website www.targetshooting.ie

From the NTSA website:
    Airgun Nationals - Rifle Results
    Sunday, 10 April 2011 22:41 Joe Kinane

A well attended second day of the NTSA Airgun Nationals for the Rifle event, saw Ray Kane of the Defence Forces take Gold in AR60, with a score of 579 in the qualifiers with a total score of 680.7 after the final. In second place was Paul O'Boyle of WTSC with 574 (674.5 after the final) and Seán Baldwin of the Defence Forces taking third place with 559 (654.1 after the final).

The Women's AR40 event saw the Cunningham sisters of WTSC back in action, with Laura taking Gold with 381 (478.8) and Susan taking Silver with 376 (473.4). Emily Wallace took the Bronze medal position with a score of 365 (461.3).

Many thanks to all who made the event such a success and a special thank you from NTSA to John Lancaster of UCDRC who managed the range, looked after the scoring system, supplied the tea/coffee and biscuits and was generally invaluable!

Photos to follow tomorrow. In the meantime full results here, thanks to late-night work from Kealan!

edit: Bother, sorry tony, simultaneous post :(

Didn't take too many snaps I'm afraid, but here's one or three:

GEDC0007c.jpg

GEDC0008c.jpg

GEDC0009c.jpg

GEDC0010c.jpg

GEDC0011c.jpg

GEDC0012c.jpg

GEDC0014_1c.jpg

Some far better photos up on the NTSA website, including:

DSC_6356_res.JPG

DSC_6363_res.JPG

DSC_6368_res.JPG

DSC_6370_res.JPG

DSC_6375_res.JPG

DSC_6379_res.JPG

DSC_6376_res.JPG

DSC_6387_res.JPG

And the overall champions:

DSC_6421_res.JPG

DSC_6416_res.JPG

Lots more over on the NTSA website for folk to look through...

And thanks to .177, the Peashooters and Spudguns lists are now ready:

Peashooters (Air Rifle)
    Shooter|Club
    Ray Kane|DFST
    Sean Baldwin|DFST
    Terry Wearen|DFST
    Aisling Miller|DURC
    Emily Wallace|DURC
    Frank Lavery|DURC
    Heather McLoughlin|DURC
    Ivan De Wergifosse|DURC