Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

They ruin the car if you ask me, dump them.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chriity139

They really are awful arnt they haha

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Make a disgrace of it to me, I'd rip them out in the next 3 mins before we burn it just to save future embarrassment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

At least they're not clocks. :pac:

11_black_7_clock_main2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I actually like them, nothing wrong with a good quality gauge and they are a bit of a hark back to it's Japanese origins.

A nice car is a nice car, tasteful mods are no harm. It'd be worse to remove them.in the interest of conforming if you ask me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

Is that vacuum gauge seriously measuring pressure in inch of mercury (in/hg) I mean there is non SI units then there is inches of mercury I didn't think it was even in use anymore. I'd prefer mbar or pa but even psi would be better.

CIP4 wrote: »
    Is that vacuum gauge seriously measuring pressure in inch of mercury (in/hg) I mean there is non SI units then there is inches of mercury I didn't think it was even in use anymore. I'd prefer mbar or pa but even psi would be better.

It's Christmas, take a break :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

Augeo wrote: »
    It's Christmas, take a break :cool:

From what I don't know, my point is it's an unusual unit to use for pressure in this day and age but maybe that what traditionally used or what's used in Japan I don't know.

Other than that I actually quite like the gauges although would agree that android with digital display would look tidier. I suppose it just depends some prefer a physical gauge.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,171 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

CIP4 wrote: »
    From what I don't know, my point is it's an unusual unit to use for pressure in this day and age but maybe that what traditionally used or what's used in Japan I don't know.

Other than that I actually quite like the gauges although would agree that android with digital display would look tidier. I suppose it just depends some prefer a physical gauge.

inHg is used in the USA. A Boeing flight-deck would really upset you. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

7 weeks of ownership & I love this thing, it just flies - god bless the minds at AMG :)

22815789769_7bd388c220_o%20-%20Copy_zpsv7bruvq1.jpg

22703600738_98e18c59f0_o_zpsrx6zl3fz.jpg

• Advertisement

AMGer wrote: »
    7 weeks of ownership & I love this thing, it just flies - god bless the minds at AMG :)

Ugh, but it's German, and err big, and that indicator stalk looks kind of flimsy.... and I'm not slightly jealous.... and f%$k you... :pac:

Well wear though, it does look nice.

Ya prick....

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭NickDunne

AMG Mercs make me wish Cosworth were still in bed with Ford and could have done something similar with mk4/5 Mondeos :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

The steering wheel looks the business, a league ahead of the one in the golf r in my opinion. Chunky with alacantara, looks very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

rizzodun wrote: »
    that indicator stalk looks kind of flimsy....

that lad is the cruise control, doesn't get much use so I'm not too bothered ;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Nice merc, insane power and torque figures for a 4 pot

that lad is the cruise control, doesn't get much use so I'm not too bothered ;):p

Well lah-dee-dah!

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭NickDunne

rizzodun wrote: »
    Well lah-dee-dah!

Theres always a simpsons quote for these things haha :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

IMG_20151223_000720_zps2xfkiux5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,341 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

That Merc is a thing of beauty..... so jealous.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chriity139

YbFocus wrote: »
    Make a disgrace of it to me, I'd rip them out in the next 3 mins before we burn it just to save future embarrassment :)

They will be coming out next month once I can source a replacement pillar. If I took them out now there would be 8 random holes in the pillar which would annoy me more than the gauges

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

delighted is an understatement :) one more year! had my re-test at 8:05am, was up washing and hoovering it at 7. nice early Christmas present.

IMG_20151223_083101.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

chriity139 wrote: »
    Cheeky gauge pick in the DC5. Im not really into them or the position they are in. Might take them out and wire in an android double din which can show virtual gauges
    why do you need a vacuum gauge? if you are planning turbo you could better get a turbo gauge instead.

Im getting an android double din but also have gauges (or well not yet mounted because they are in holland and im in ireland)

- Oil Temp
    - Boost
    - AFR Wideband (didnt bought this one yet)

372482.JPG
    372484.JPG

old picture when I was in holland month or two ago

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

Picking this (1985 635CSi) up in the first week of January, collected the V5C today (UK Reg)
    Needs massive amounts of welding and possibly new wings, bumper to be rechromed also. I understand it comes with an almost complete spare leather interior also.

FA7F85CA-1327-4C71-90EA-5CAA412476C0_zps8lewmzeg.jpg

17BCA575-1298-432D-8BA7-946394D412E3_zpshoyrsl4u.jpg

2347E7E7-85EF-48AB-8378-EA70CA7DC3EB_zpsihvykdfc.jpg

FB6E4FE6-A905-40CF-A235-67238D5DEB0A_zpse4dbipi5.jpg

Edit: also the engine is not running.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Looking forward to the build thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Blummin heck! Theres more buttons on that steering wheel than there is on my dashboard (excluding stereo)! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Top Dog wrote: »
    Blummin heck! Theres more buttons on that steering wheel than there is on my dashboard (excluding stereo)! :eek:

It's a beautiful car in fairness I would love a proper look at it sometime, the red stitching looks the business. .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

Picking this (1985 635CSi) up in the first week of January, collected the V5C today (UK Reg)
    Needs massive amounts of welding and possibly new wings, bumper to be rechromed also. I understand it comes with an almost complete spare leather interior also.

Good luck with it! They're a stunning looking car. Make sure you do a build thread with pictures. I'm dying to see how it goes :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

I was so tempted myself with it going so cheap and being in Cork! Good luck with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,217 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Will be great to see that old girl back on the road rather than rotting in a shed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Good clean today after a few weeks of neglect. Happy Christmas folks!

e65_zpsrm70mzvf.jpg~original

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement