Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question Thread - Got a question? Ask here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 aglending

yea dont know what to do about the butterfly. really want white and it wont be a big butterfly so maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Getting a big piece done soon. It's a sleeve, first session next week.

What's the story with exercising during the healing process. Specifically weights and cycling so lots of sweat involved unfortunately. First couple of days I wont be doing anything but hate leaving it too long as I lose momentum then and just get lazy. Really don't want to stop for a few weeks at a go, particularly as I'm looking at about three 4 hour tatt sessions over a number of weeks.

Basically, How bad is sweat on the fresh tattoo and how long should I wait before having a good workout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

10 days usually heals it up pretty good to be honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

yeah, always been about 2 weeks for me. Just wondering about the effect sweat will have 3 or 4 days in tbh, rather than waiting till it's healed. particularly as I've a few sessions so will mean taking 3 big breaks which I'm not keen on.

clown bag wrote: »
    yeah, always been about 2 weeks for me. Just wondering about the effect sweat will have 3 or 4 days in tbh, rather than waiting till it's healed. particularly as I've a few sessions so will mean taking 3 big breaks which I'm not keen on.
    Sweats not really the best for it, Granted you'll take a few weeks off, whihc is better taking of 3 weeks to completely heal it or going back after it's healed to fix anything that might fade, also wear suncream!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 aglending

hey thanks. found a pic of old goats tattoo. its cool but the more i think about it, its not for me. each piece and colour in my design has a meaning for me so i will have to find another colour.Thanks for that anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭WanderlustQueen

Aloha,
    another gross piercing question for all you experts.

I got a scaffold done in January 2008. Its been grand after the initial torture. It grew a bit of a gross lump on the bottom bit but it disappeared after a few weeks.

But in about June, this HORRID lump started to grow on the top bit, its getting quite big and hard and i think its growing. :/

I started doing the sea salt thing, I even went one step further and on a recent visit in Jordan I got a bottle of Dead Sea water and I've soaked cotton pads in it and held it on my ear for a few hours each day while I'm home. Its made no difference unfortunately, its still there and all disgusting. Its a cool piercing and I love it to bits, but whats the point in having it if you can't show it off??

My ma wants me to go to the doctor and ask for an injection in it something, does such a thing exist? Can you get anti-inflammatories for it? there is no pus or crust, just the lump.

I've heard about the chamomile teabags, can someone explain to me how they work? Do they need to be warm? In fact, does the sea salt have to be warm?

Sorry if this question's been answered before, its really bothering me and I know the doctor is gonna tell me to take it out. :/ NEVERRRRRRR!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Dragonz_Rawr

Soak a pure chamomile tea bag in warm water...I tend to just put some hot water in a little bowl and then just put the tea bag in it - they cool down fairly quickly. Then just hold the tea bag to it for 10-15 mins. Do this twice a day until the bump disappears. They generally take a couple of weeks - but you may be lucky and start to see a difference after only a couple of days.

Keep doing the sea salt soaks as well...it will disappear eventually...these things can just take time!

Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

If you're doing the salt-water soaks, it has to be boiled water, which has cooled to a cool enough temperature that it's not gonna burn you, with a little bit of sea salt (1/4 teaspoon to one pint of water)

Do not use table salt, and I would really REALLY not recommend using the dead sea water either, the salt concentration is too high, and it's probably not gonna be pure sea salt either, if it's just water from the dead sea there's bound to be other stuff in there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 DhalsimHibiki

Does a colored tattoo cost more than an identical one in black?

Also, what price do I have to expect for a full back tattoo with a lot of detail? I dont have anything in mind yet, just so I can estimate my spendings for the future^^.

• Advertisement

It'll be priced on hours, at an average of 100e-120 an hour. usually good detailed full back piece will hit you for 2k+

It'll be priced on hours, at an average of 100e-120 an hour. usually good detailed full back piece will hit you for 2k+

Thanks^^. How much time do you need between two sessions? Is there even a min. time you have to wait after one session?

Well usually the back piece will be done in one massive session, people usually wait two weeks. (I'm open to correction on that one)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 krystel

Thanks^^. How much time do you need between two sessions? Is there even a min. time you have to wait after one session?

depends on your pain threshold. some people can sit hours (i.e. over 6-7)and feel fine, others cant take it for more than 3 or 4 at a time.

same goes with the time between sessions. I personnally heal in 5 days. other people need a couple of weeks. but yeah, depending on how busy your artist is it can be between 2 weeks and a couple of months for the next appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 itsjustaride

Hi,

Someone might be able to help me out with this. There was a segment on the tv3 show 'xpose' this evening, which featured a tattoo artist called Miguel (I think he was based in Dublin). The boyzone lads got their Stephen Gately memorial tattoo in this parlour and I'm wondering if anybody knows where it is located?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

That's probably the dude from art tattoo in temple bar. Italian guy yeah? If so then it's him

• Registered Users Posts: 11 itsjustaride

Cheers! Yeah he was an Italian guy. Thanks for your help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭lalee17

Where's the cheapest place in Dublin for an industrial piercing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Well the cheapest would be any shop where you can get sewing needles, and stick those through your ear.

But cheap isn't really a good thing when it involves being perforated by needles, so best to get it somewhere that'll do a good job, and pay whatever it costs to have a professional, clean piercing that'll heal well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

lalee17 wrote: »
    Where's the cheapest place in Dublin for an industrial piercing?

depends on what you want, price's vary depending on type. More complicated ones are more expensive than basic ones.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭katiemaloe

Hi, Ive been wondering about this and reckoned ye might have an answer. :) I have bought a gorgeous tribal coconut wood earring on ebay. Are these hygenic enough for a regular ear piercing? Its basically a spiral of wood. Is wood a suitable material for an earring? Thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Yes wood is perfectly fine. Although I personally would be nervous buying off ebay

Quick question, whats a good moisturiser for stretched lobes? My right one feels a little dry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭katiemaloe

Thanks Atavan-Halen.
    I'd say you could use silcocks base as a good moisturiser for your ear lobe. Its excellent for dry skin, and suitable for sensitive skin. You can get it in the chemist and its really cheap, about €4 for a huge tub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jellydaisy

hi there
    i got a bamboo tattoo in thailand about 2 months ago. its a butterfly on my hip. i really like it but now that its healed its a little bit untidy looking. i'd really like to get it retouched. would a tattoo artist in dublin tattoo be able to do this? would it have any effect that its a bamboo tattoo? would also like to get some coloured shading on it. could this be done at the same time or would i have to wait? also there's a new tattoo place in dun laoghaire. does anyone know if its any good?
    thanks

Hi all! I need some help with my nape piercing - I got it done just over 3 weeks ago (instead of laser treatment on my wrist - I thought that was a good trade-off). Problem is - it's still red...no signs of rejection but it's not looking so pretty. I have never had a problem healing 30+ piercings and I don't want this to be the first! :(

Is this normal? I have had surface bars in my hips before but I can't remember how long they took for the redness to go down...this photo was taken a couple of nights ago but it's still the same now.

Oh - am looking after it apart from the fact that I do wear collared shirts for work but I try to wear soft fabric so it doesn't irritate it too much

Thanks!

Photo8.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

With my nape I just left it the hell alone and healed fine. Maybe head back into the place you got it done and get em to take a gander?

No clue tbh, seems very short. :-/ stumped apart from soaks or something

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

hmmm...

What jewellery is in it? From the photo, it kinda looks like

\________/

instead of

|_________|

If it's the former, the angles could be putting pressure on the skin around it, causing the redness. Perhaps you are having a mild reaction to the jewellery? Perhaps it doesn't like the shampoo you are using? Any hairspray or other funky things near it? Is it gooey or anyway painful? Have you been feeling run-down since you got it?

Thanks a mill both of you - I will head back into the guys that did it and see what they say...

It's not painful - that's the annoying thing. At least if there was pain I would know there was something wrong!

To be honest I have been really run down, and it probably wasn't the smartest of ideas to get it done in the first place considering I haven't been well but I needed something to cheer me up!

If I lose it, I lose it - it's not the end of the world - just frustrating!

Thanks again - will let you know what they say...

Hi,

got my earlobes pierced 3 weeks ago now I noticed, that the right hole goes straight trough whereas the left one feels like the whole goes more diagonally through the lobe. Could this be a Problem when I start stretching? I dont want to put a tunnel or plug in diagonally as that would bend my lobe in a strange way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭lalee17

I'm going to stretch my conch when it's healed, do I just use normal plugs or are there special ones? :confused:

Advertisement