Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Right I'm livid, just witnessed a dog attack(ed)

Options
  • 25-05-2009 11:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

Sitting here a few minutes ago and hear what I think is a row on the road.

I looked out the window, and see this guy beating the crap out of a dog.

I shouted out the window (excuse me Mods I know you have a zero tolerance policy on cursing, however).. "Leave the fvcking dog alone"..

To which I got a tolerance of abuse, now I don't know what or who this guy thought I was/am - but I'm not taking that sh*t from a scumbag like this.

At this stage he's throwing his push bike down onto the poor animal.

So out I run onto the street, with my two dogs... "Hey, try kicking one of those ya fvcking toe rag"...

To cut a long story short, he bottled it. When things settled I pointed out how disgusting it looks to see him beat his dog like this. I point out my dogs, who are now playing happily with his dog - probably the most beautiful looking brindle and white English Bull Terrier I've ever seen - and told him that if he didn't want his dog I'd gladly give it a home.

He said he has three and is just fustrated at this dog.

I told him if ever I seen him beat his dog again I'd wrap his bike around this own throat and take all three dogs off him.

Sorry, I rarelu go off on a rant, and I'm not given to violence but I'd have beat this toe rag to within an inch of his life to save that poor dog.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Scumbag. You held more restraint than I would, I would have taken the dog. I did it a few years ago and it could have been a dodgy situation but my heart ruled my head.

Sad thing is if he did it in public he'll probably do a lot worse behind closed doors. Poor dog :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Sad thing is if he did it in public he'll probably do a lot worse behind closed doors. Poor dog :(

I shudder to think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

Yep dogs can be frustrating when they go to the toilet inside/ don't come when they are called/ chew your shoes but what kind of sick ba$tard beats the dog because he is 'frustrated'?
    Honestly why did he ever get a dog if he obviously hasn't got the tolerence required to look after one?
    If his son/ daughter didn't do what he said would he have been as brutal?

If you know who he is or even have an idea I'd report him to ISPCA. He's obviously not capable of looking after a dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

People like that make me sick. The sad thing (apart from the obvious) is that this dog will more than likely end up biting the owner and then be put down.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Call me Socket

People like that make me sick. The sad thing (apart from the obvious) is that this dog will more than likely end up biting the owner and then be put down.

If that's an inevitable demise then I hope he bites good and deep.

Fair play to you Makikomi for your action....so many do nothing in similar circumstances but make whingeing about it after the fact an olympic sport.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭spiderdog

poor dog :mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭BlackCat2008

Fairplay to you, but if you can take it futher do, speak to the dog warden and keep at them till they check the dogs out, they are the only one's who have the power to sieze a dog in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

I really don't understand why some people even own one dog let alone three when they obviously are not animal people.
    The poor dog. In all fairness a lot of people get frustrated while training their dogs but i would imagine not many and would resort to that behavior. I would put that person right up there with the scum that are puppy farmers.
    There is no excuse to do that to any animal. Oh I would love if he got attacked by a pack of dogs on his way home some night or something... (just wishing bad things to happen to him ...............)

Poor Dog I agree with the others if you have any idea where he is report him or even give a description of him and the dog . You never know they might randomly spot him out.

Good on you OP for saying somthing and letting people like that know that in this age that is entirely unacceptable behavior for any person to treat an animal. Well done!
    The more people speaking up and shaming these scum the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭sorella

Someone we know - in Canada- was driving in the city and saw a man beating his child.

She stopped, grabbed the child, and drove to the Police Station.

By the time the man got there, the cops had charges ready against him.

Would not hesitate to do that with a dog here.

Mods; sorry if this might be seen as kidnapping. I do not think it is; removal to a place of safety. We care for a collie who was beaten for five years and is barely now after two years of care starting to recover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭cloudy day

Well done to you. That was brilliant. The poor dog.

Also what a wonderful display of the true nature of an english bull terrier, placid and docile and ever faithful to their owners, oh, aren't these on the dangerous dog list. Just shows what a lot of C*** that list is doesn't it.

would love to buy you a drink for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭westwicklow

Did anyone else rally round to suppport you against this behaviour Mikikomi?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Fair play OP! I dread to think what that poor dog has to put up with behind closed doors :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

I shouted out the window (excuse me Mods I know you have a zero tolerance policy on cursing, however).. "Leave the fvcking dog alone"..

To which I got a tolerance of abuse, now I don't know what or who this guy thought I was/am - but I'm not taking that sh*t from a scumbag like this.

So out I run onto the street, with my two dogs... "Hey, try kicking one of those ya fvcking toe rag"...

To cut a long story short, he bottled it. When things settled I pointed out how disgusting it looks to see him beat his dog like this. I point out my dogs, who are now playing happily with his dog - probably the most beautiful looking brindle and white English Bull Terrier I've ever seen - and told him that if he didn't want his dog I'd gladly give it a home.

I told him if ever I seen him beat his dog again I'd wrap his bike around this own throat and take all three dogs off him.

Sorry, I rarelu go off on a rant, and I'm not given to violence but I'd have beat this toe rag to within an inch of his life to save that poor dog.

in the uk all you would have needed to do is phone the RSPCA and explain what has happend they would have gone round to his house[if they could find it] and checked the dog, if has been abused the dogs would have been taken away and he would be in court, but i am more like you i would have given him a liverpool kiss

Thanks for all the replies guys, I've no idea where the guy lives.

He insisted that he's lived in the estate for 15yrs, but I know all the dog owner's here and he certainly ain't around that long.

Today my feelings have turned to one of disgust, I was driving in town today and remembered something 'I could actually hear the kicks land on the dog' and then the way he pummelled the dog with his bike - in hindsight I should have taken the dog off him & am really regretting not doing so now.

One thing, and for the sweet love of God, if I ever witness another example of cruelty like this I won't be as tolerant as I was last night.

I've never witnessed anything like it.

And the poor dog (its name was 'Millie', if anyone here lives in Dublin 13 & knows a guy with a brindle & white EBT by that name drop me a PM) when I went to pet it she was delighted with the attention and delighted with the game play with my two on the green.

I know alot of people don't like the bull breeds, its ever obvious here if you look at see who 'thanks' all the fluffy cute dogs in the Pets Photos thread and who ignore's the Bullies (you don't escape the eye ;) ).

But if ever there was an under dog in this world crying out for human love and companionship its got to be the Bull breeds, and this one was a shining example of one - she was beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Call me Socket

Jesus I'm so angry about this myself now that I want to drive up to Dublin and help you look for that plick:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Morganna

well done pity you didnt follow him to see where he went .Poor dog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭cloudy day

Thanks for all the replies guys, I've no idea where the guy lives.

He insisted that he's lived in the estate for 15yrs, but I know all the dog owner's here and he certainly ain't around that long.

Today my feelings have turned to one of disgust, I was driving in town today and remembered something 'I could actually hear the kicks land on the dog' and then the way he pummelled the dog with his bike - in hindsight I should have taken the dog off him & am really regretting not doing so now.

One thing, and for the sweet love of God, if I ever witness another example of cruelty like this I won't be as tolerant as I was last night.

I've never witnessed anything like it.

And the poor dog (its name was 'Millie', if anyone here lives in Dublin 13 & knows a guy with a brindle & white EBT by that name drop me a PM) when I went to pet it she was delighted with the attention and delighted with the game play with my two on the green.

I know alot of people don't like the bull breeds, its ever obvious here if you look at see who 'thanks' all the fluffy cute dogs in the Pets Photos thread and who ignore's the Bullies (you don't escape the eye ;) ).

But if ever there was an under dog in this world crying out for human love and companionship its got to be the Bull breeds, and this one was a shining example of one - she was beautiful.

ah the poor dog. that really makes me want to cry. i for one love the EBT i think they gorgeous. i hope she's ok after. poor thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Crafty-Chel

fair play to you for standing up for the dog, the world needs more people like you, i personally wouldnt have givin him another chance and i would have stuck the bike where the sun doesnt shine... your we also very brave coz the guy was obv very angry n you could have got hurt...

anyway, i think you should report him, i doubt its the first time hes done it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭steamjetjoe

19 posts in & nobody has commented on the OP behaviour :confused::confused::confused:

Firstly, Yes the guy that was beating the dog is a scumbag & should have his dogs removed.

Miah Black Ointment '' So out I run onto the street, with my two dogs... " Im curious, what was the reason for bringing out your two dogs:confused: What did you expect them to do:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭sorella

Silly question....

Canine solidarity of course. We all knew that.
    19 posts in & nobody has commented on the OP behaviour :confused::confused::confused:

Firstly, Yes the guy that was beating the dog is a scumbag & should have his dogs removed.

Makikomi '' So out I run onto the street, with my two dogs... " Im curious, what was the reason for bringing out your two dogs:confused: What did you expect them to do:confused:

• Advertisement

Makikomi '' So out I run onto the street, with my two dogs... " Im curious, what was the reason for bringing out your two dogs:confused: What did you expect them to do:confused:

"Hey, look at me"

high_horse.jpg

There's always one :rolleyes:

I just think the thread needs some balance. The fluffy brigade congratulate your actions & choose to ignore your potentially dangerous actions. Lets say the scumbag takes you up on your offer and kicks your two dogs & your dogs attack him? What then? its likely he will have you charged and your dogs will be put down. :eek:

Now dont get me wrong Makikomi, Its not a dig at you. Ive seen pic & vids of your dogs and they look great & well looked after. I just think in future you should control your emotions & just ring the authorities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

This has really disgusted me. As someone who has taken an abused dog into my home in the past, to hear of someone doing it so publically makes my blood boil. :mad:

OP, i think you were right to do what you did. If it was me, i wouldnt have shown that restraint, thats for sure. And instead of bringing my doog out, i'd have brought my quite large, rugby playing brother out. And then called the Gardai/ISPCA (after we'd "explained" why its wrong).

Well done to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

drop into the airsoft forums for a few suggestions on what would be the first thing that would come to my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Crafty-Chel

I think alot of people have commented on the OP's behaviour if you read the posts you'll see that most of us think that Makikomi was brave to face an obviously angry man and and i think he brought this dogs to threaten the guy, i would have done the same thing (if my dogs were scary enuff)...

the issue here is not weather or not Makikomi did the right or wrong thing bringing his dogs with him, its about a defencless dog been physically abused on the street..

I think alot of people have commented on the OP's behaviour if you read the posts you'll see that most of us think that Makikomi was brave to face an obviously angry man and and i think he brought this dogs to threaten the guy, i would have done the same thing (if my dogs were scary enuff)...

the issue here is not weather or not Makikomi did the right or wrong thing bringing his dogs with him, its about a defencless dog been physically abused on the street..

It boggles my mind. '' and i think he brought this dogs to threaten the guy, i would have done the same thing '' Crafty, you cant be serious. Since when is it ok to bring two staffordshire bull terriers along to threaten somebody.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Fair play to ya for going out to him. If I started hitting someone for doing any animal harm I wouldnt be able to stop. Keep his dog, if ya can. your dogs will show him what iy is like to be a loved animal. Dleighted oyur chaps are playing with him now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

To be honest, there is no way in hell I would let my dog near a man who I can see kicking another dog but apart from that the OP did the right thing.
    If more people were like the OP then that @r$ehole would think twice before harming another dog.
    Personally, I would have just went out and thrown a bucket of freezing cold water over the guy. If he is going to act like an angry beast, I will treat him like one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

It boggles my mind. '' and i think he brought this dogs to threaten the guy, i would have done the same thing '' Crafty, you cant be serious. Since when is it ok to bring two staffordshire bull terriers along to threaten somebody.:eek:

To be honest I would have done the same thing. And if he had kicked my dogs and they bit him then it would be his own fault. What if the guy went too far and killed that poor dog out there tonight and the OP was inside trying to get in touch with the authorities?? That would have been a life wasted. I'm assuming the dogs were brought for protection in case the OP was attacked, although I know the OP does martial arts and self defence, sometimes it makes a difference if you have extra protection against scumbags like these.

Fair play to you OP (jesus... your other user name was easier to spell!!). We took in an abused dog years ago (owner was kicking him in the street, gave him up willingly thank God), he's a great fluffy little monster who loves to sit on the windowsill watching the world go by when he's not out and about.

• Advertisement

although I know the OP does martial arts and self defence, sometimes it makes a difference if you have extra protection against scumbags like these.

I'll be honest with you, and in no way am I justifying my actions to that other guy here.

I live opposite a large enclosed greed area, whenever I leave the house at night I let the lads have a free run (sometimes like tonight I'll jog with them).

So if I head for the door, they naturally follow me thinking its time for a last minute wee before bed :)

As for feeling threatened, a guy beating up on a poor innocent dog is never going to be big enough, ugly enough or mean enough to make me feel threatened.

Advertisement