Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Convoy to Mosney this Sunday

• 07-06-2006 9:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭

Theres a group of us Mini eejits meeting up at the Travelodge (beside the swords roundabout) at 10.00am. We're going to be taking the senic route up to the show. Anybody travelling this direction is more than welcome to join us for a convoy up to mosney :cool:

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Forgot it was on but I'm thinking about it. Supposed to be picking up the other half from the airport Sunday afternoon though. :eek:

Is there a need to register?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭1275gt

you can pay on the door :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

I'll be there ;)

The routes a good un if you're bored of motorways :)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Jason_G_KE30

Hoping to bring her back up to Dublin on Saturday evening, so might join up with ye ;) What time are the gates opening at, does anyone know?

Hoping to bring her back up to Dublin on Saturday evening, so might join up with ye ;) What time are the gates opening at, does anyone know?

there wasnt too much info about opening times, but the past two years we arrived between 11 and 12. the traffic can get quite nasty coming down that road, so the earlier the better i spose.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Eric318

Hey, Minis, would you accedt a big Jag in your convoy? Swords round about is only 10 min from home. How far is Mosney anyway?How long will the drive take (I have only limited classic car credits from the wife and baby...)?

Eric318 wrote:
    Hey, Minis, would you accedt a big Jag in your convoy? Swords round about is only 10 min from home. How far is Mosney anyway?How long will the drive take (I have only limited classic car credits from the wife and baby...)?

absolutely, the mere the morrier :D we're taking a relaxed route rather than the motorway, should be around 30-40mins from swords.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭davidclayton

i'll try to be there @ 10am, and hopefully bring a few CRXs with me.
    [or at least meet them at the show]
    rob [aka backfire] should also be with me with his new mini LE

dave

The travelodge is at the roundabout entrance to the airside retail park.

Anyone who wants directions, PM me and I'll get back to you :)

Everyone welcome, but no maniacs please :D

We should be at mosney for about 11-11.15am

Let's hope the weather holds up!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭andreas_220D

commited wrote:
    Everyone welcome, but no maniacs please :D

Benjamin and I (Merc-Maniacs) will attend ;)

• Advertisement

Fantastic :D

commited wrote:
    Fantastic :D

:D weather forcast is cracking. see you lads/ladies later :cool:

Hello all,

thank you so much to all you Mini folks for showing me (the Jag) the way. I was a bit slow as I did not want to loose the car behind me carrying my wife and baby :)

This was an absolutely excellent day, fantastic!!! :cool: What a show, I never expected so many cars. And the weather... and the music.. :eek:

When is the next one?

Hey Eric - nice to meet you - I was in the Red Mini :) Your Jag is gorgeous!

Hope you enjoyed the roads, sorry if we went a bit quickly! There were alot of cars!

I think Terenure is the next one - July 9th.

Hi Eric, likewise :D Beautiful beautiful Jag!!!

We managed to lose the convoy too, I was in the white 1275gt and ended up losing you at a mad right hander. Hope you found your way ok, we hadnt a bogs notion where we were but ended up driving out right beside the show entrance!!

Few pics here, sorry for all the minis, but my camera packed up after 40 or so pics :(

http://www.miniresource.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21206&hl=

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Dilogoat

Yeah, damn it was a good show. I was with Neil in the black cooper. Those jags were quite beautiful tbh. Also being a judge there it was quite tough to pick the cars out. For me the car of the show was definitely the Mini 970s. It had 1302 miles on the clock. Completely mint EVERYTHING. Only 30 left in the world...I want it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭dublind

Hi all, i loved seeing all u minis on the road. We were a small convoy of 3... 66 Red Mustang (me) Liam in his 75 Camaro and oliver in his Corvette Stingray... Not sure where we joined the M1 again for the 3rd time...we got kinda lost!!!! but he min we saw u minis we new we were at least pointed in the right direction!!!! Great show though..... Did we overtake any of u guys on here... It was a fun start to a fab day....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 dayoungfella

dublind, I saw you guys drive past me when I was pulled in at the garage just before Mosney...yours cars were gorgeous!

Was a great day, looking forward to Terenure, it's a great show, almost the same size as Mosney aswell!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Can someone now change the thread title to "Convoy to Mosney last Sunday", I have just rang to ok it with her in doors before I realized I have already missed it. :o

Hello all again,

yes the convoy of Minis was quite a sight... a real headturner.

At the Travel Lodge there was a fantastic green Merc Coupé. I would love to know where it got its paint job done.

Thanks

PS: CRX, please slow down... ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement