Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Unit

Options
  • 03-11-2007 1:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭

I have noticed there is no forum/section for "the unit".
    I love this serie, reminds me the military life and the couple of years spent in camps all over the places.

That is for me a very nice show, even if sometimes there are some inconsistencies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Yeah I watch it too, Brilliant show
    Im not sure it deserves its own forum though. I dont personally know anyone else who likes it, therefore Im guessing its not hugely popular with Irish audience (Yet :))

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

mick.fr wrote: »
    I have noticed there is no forum/section for "the unit".
    Umm there also isn't one for 30 Rock, American Dad, Bionic Woman, Bones, Boston Legal, Burn Notice, Californication, Chuck, Criminal Minds, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Desperate Housewives, Dexter, Entourage, Eureka, House, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, The Kill Point, Mad Men, Medium, Monk, My Name is Earl, Nip/Tuck, Numb3rs, The Office, Prison Break, Pushing Daisies, Psych, Reaper, Robot Chicken, Scrubs, Smallville, South Park, Ugly Betty, Weeds, or the Wire. And they're only the shows that I watch that are currently airing (damn, I watch too much!), never mind the older ones I'm looking at.

It has no need for its own forum...
    I love this serie, reminds me the military life and the couple of years spent in camps all over the places.
    Umm they've been in the same base camp for the show so far.

I like it and sometimes the missions can be very exciting and tense - there was a great school seige episode last year. Other times there can be tripe - think the witch doctor one (eugh). It's a little bit too patriotic at times and some of the wives can be a bit irritating but overall it works.
    Don't like the new S3 theme tune though!

Just saw episode 7 (season 3)
    One of the best episodes and damn what an ending

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Yeah I miss the old theme tune - much more in line with the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Scuba.ie

Asbad wrote: »
    Just saw episode 7 (season 3)
    One of the best episodes and damn what an ending

I love this show, by far my favourite on TV. Where did you get to see Series 3? I got the first and second series on box set (sad I know!).

• Advertisement

Scuba.ie wrote: »
    I love this show, by far my favourite on TV. Where did you get to see Series 3? I got the first and second series on box set (sad I know!).

Teh internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭standbyme

Yeah im enjoyin watchin the series as well, as you couldnt avoid the publicity Virgin1 were givin their shows before the channel came on air as the first season is nearly finished.

I also seen that Xtravision are hiring out the Seasons 1-2 as well :)

IXOY thats a lot of shows you're watchin, but out of the whole lot of them only Prison Break got a forum out of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Never seen it before last week when I rented Season 1, was a bit disappointed that it was only 13 episodes long as I thought it was great.

So now i'm over halfway through season 2. Will wait for season 3 on dvd before I get stuck into that.

Really enjoy this show. It's something you can just get straight into even if you miss a few episodes though at the same time there are connections between the episodes. It's not a running story like 24 would be or anything like that.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Lastest Series 3 episode (8) is one of the best so far. It really shows why this show is one of the best on tv - it's not just a soldier show but encapsulates a soldiers life and what's expected of them.

Brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

great. never even thought to look for the unit on boards. didnt think anyone watched it

I love it watch it religously tell herself after every show "i wanna be in the unit"

JUst watched s03e10.

Went to look for s03e11 and its not there :eek::eek:some ****e about a strike?

Can we have a forum about this please can i be in charge please please:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

Hyzepher wrote: »
    Yeah I miss the old theme tune - much more in line with the show.

Just found this thread and im just starting series 3 and i miss the old theme tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭pd101

I just finished watching the first two series and really enjoyed it, but cant seem to find what channels show the third series:(. When is the third series out on DVD?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

dont think the 3rd series is finished in the US so may be a while before its out.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,011 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I find it interesting enough, but occasionally the propaganda becomes more obvious. I remember in one episode, the number one villain was a French special forces guy who tried to stitch them up. I just couldn't help thinking of George W's "Freedom Fries" after the French refused to back the US in Iraq.

pd101 wrote: »
    I just finished watching the first two series and really enjoyed it, but cant seem to find what channels show the third series:(. When is the third series out on DVD?

They have only showed up to episode 3-11 at the moment because of the writers strike.

Good show some episodes are a small bit lame but i enjoy it overall.

The internet is the place for watching series 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Scuba.ie

yayamark wrote: »
    They have only showed up to episode 3-11 at the moment because of the writers strike.

Good show some episodes are a small bit lame but i enjoy it overall.

The internet is the place for watching series 3.
    Can you post/PM a link? I tried a couple of sites but it wasn't listed. As you can tell, I don't watch many shows on the web!

Can you post/PM a link? I tried a couple of sites but it wasn't listed. As you can tell, I don't watch many shows on the web!

Yeah, I'm having trouble trying to find it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I think he means downloading the show, kids.
    There is nowhere that streams it.

Discussing the wheres and hows of downloading is not allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

dont think the 3rd series is finished in the US so may be a while before its out.

Actually the third series has finished (albeit prematurely) as all 11 episodes produced have been shown.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080219/ENT10/802190380

Seems like we wont know anything until May but its not looking good.

Hope it doesn't turn in to any other show i like. Like Sleeper Cell.!

:(

• Advertisement

yayamark wrote: »
    http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080219/ENT10/802190380

Seems like we wont know anything until May but its not looking good.

Hope it doesn't turn in to any other show i like. Like Sleeper Cell.!

:(

Damn it...
    Hopefully the dvd box sets will sell well which may persuade them to continue with the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Argh it better not get cancelled :(

Good news
    Its been brought back but episodes probably wont be ready until sept

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2008/05/upfronts-cbs-re.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

ye i read it had been renwewd - greatnews

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

i love this show watch all of the episodes so far. Nice mix of action and some drama.

I was flicking through the channels there tonight and I just caught part of an ad for the Unit. I think it was on Virgin. Is the new series starting sometime soon?

Judging from the ads, it'll be Season 3. Season 4 doesn't start in America until the Fall Autumn.

Mr E wrote: »
    Judging from the ads, it'll be Season 3. Season 4 doesn't start in America until the Fall Autumn.

Sorry thats what I meant :o. I still have only seen the first two. Any ideas when it starts?

Nope, no idea. I had a look on Virgin One's website, and it says "Wednesdays". Had a scan forward on Sky and there is no sign of it in the next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

DRAMA: The Unit
    On: Virgin 1
    Date: Thursday 17th July 2008 (starting in 7 days)
    Time: 22:00 to 23:00 (1 hour long)

A one-off alert is set for Thursday 17th July 2008, 15 minutes before 22:00
    Pandemonium (Part 1 of 2). Series 3, episode 1.
    The explosive drama series returns for a third run as the special forces team ventures into covert action once again.
    While Jonas remains in hiding, Mack and Hector continue to languish in prison. Meanwhile, Bob is in Mexico working for the CIA and Colonel Ryan faces more tough questioning at a Congressional hearing.
    (2006)

Starring: Dennis Haysbert, Scott Foley, Robert Patrick, Michael Irby, Demore Barnes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Marked By: 'Watch: The Unit', 'Reminder: The Unit', 'Favourite: The Unit' and 'TVGuide Master Marker' markers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=650

Copyright (c) GipsyMedia Limited.

Advertisement