Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TRANSPORT WALES - KILKENNY

Options
  • 11-03-2010 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

hi, looking for transport for a 3yr welsh section d filly from south wales to kilkenny (or there abouts!) have tried transport companies but €350+ is a tad expensive :eek: so thought id see if anyone had any ideas???
    Many thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

mack2 wrote: »
    hi, looking for transport for a 3yr welsh section d filly from south wales to kilkenny (or there abouts!) have tried transport companies but €350+ is a tad expensive :eek: so thought id see if anyone had any ideas???
    Many thanks,

Tbh 350 to get your horse from wales to kilkenny imo is very reasonable, considering just to get a ferry in a car with no horsebox cost 80-120 euro alone!

If you were to drive a horse box that distance, by the time you pay ferry cost fuel etc it would be little in the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 mack2

meant to say that this was on a shared load not just one animal!
    Maybe its just me re the price but i think its steep! Realise how much it is by car on the boat - thats not cheap either!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

mack2 wrote: »
    meant to say that this was on a shared load not just one animal!
    Maybe its just me re the price but i think its steep! Realise how much it is by car on the boat - thats not cheap either!

I still think shared or not you won't get much better than that tbh. All you can do is ring a few companies and play them off each other to get it a bit cheaper.

I can't see any other options but maybe someone else here will. :)

Transport is the one thing I wouldn't go cheap on and I'd spend a lot of time ringing around and checking the reps of firms.

I've heard a lot of horror stories from some Irish firms.

Advertisement