Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where'd you get your Username from?

Options
  • 22-08-2007 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭

Right so if you've already had this just ignore/delete whatever....

Some of the Usernames on here are Good but i often find myself wondering about them. Where'd you get yours from??

some of them are very self explanatory....such as mine.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

This thread has been done a hundred times before.

But sure, one more time wont harm much. It originally cam from when i was about 11, i was anti everything. I didnt like much, and inturn became one of them angry teenages who hated the world. I wasn't a goth or an emo though.

Then it evolved when i startied play online fps games, namely unreal tournament in late 1998 when it was out on beta. I really couldnt stand the fella that would hide up on a ledge, waiting for you just so they could get a easy kill. Thus the name transformed to anti-camper. But after a few years i realized how ghey it sounded and moved back to anti.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

Oh right well maybe a Mod can delete this or somethin. i did a Search and nothin came up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Erm....it's my name.

It's a shortened of Desmond, which is the name my parents gave the day I was born. My Dad has the same name.

The 'F' is the first initial of my surname, which I also got from my Dad.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Niamho! wrote:
    Oh right well maybe a Mod can delete this or somethin. i did a Search and nothin came up.
    That's Search for ya. Google. Anyhoo, it has been done before as has everything else in AH - continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I'm actually a religious nut.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

My first name

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

What an interesting life you lead Tar.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Well, Duggy is my name. I litteraly go by that rather than my real name. All started when a new guy in my year back in 2nd year started calling me it cuz he assumed it was short for my last name. It just stuck from there and it's quite funny when I meet new people cuz I can go ages without telling them my real name. One example was people in college in Galway I hung around with everyday. Half-way through the year I found out they thought my first name was Douglas (It's actually Brendan)

As for the 747 part, well, everytime I sign up to something "Duggy" is always taken and since "747" is an easy combination of numbers for me to remember I've stuck with it for years on any site I'm on.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Duggy747 wrote:

As for the 747 part, well, everytime I sign up to something "Duggy" is always taken and since "747" is an easy combination of numbers for me to remember I've stuck with it for years on any site I'm on.

Please we all know you're a passenger jet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

School nick someone gave me ! As when we had to read out loud in class instead of rushing the words to get through it as quick as possible I would read whatever passage it was properly ! So there ! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Believe it or not, I really like watching certain television shows :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

It's a mixture of all my names (surname, first name and middle name). I'd like to change it though. Perhaps i should suscribe!

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Marathon Man

Some movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Please we all know you're a passenger jet.
    With a heart of gold :p

Strangely, I only found out about a month ago that there's a plane called Duggy!! What the hell are the odds of that!?! :confused: :eek: :confused:

Maybe this should be my new sig!!!
    http://k53.pbase.com/o5/94/316294/1/68916744.MXrDLr3v.20060725IMG_4961_DxO_raw.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭MrSquishSquash

It was pissing rain & i was late for a lecture, as i walked through the hall it was in (everyone went silent - typical :rolleyes: ) all you could hear was "Squish" "Squash" from my wet Boots and i was given the name MrSquishSquash & it kinda stuck( online at least! )

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

In the show 'The Shield' there is/was (depending on what season you're talking about) a character in it called called Curtis Lemansky. He was a detective on the Strike Team.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

working in bars in england, a long long time ago, i was always called irishbird. was at a wedding in england recently, and everyone was calling me irishbird which was kinda strange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Homer!

D'oh! I mean...dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

I love Father Ted, so went with Mrs Doyle ... not a very interesting story I suppose :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

mine is a class horse from the ballydoyle stable, trained by aidan o brien

admiralofthefleet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

A few people call me Ruu to shorten mo ainm, Ruairí.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

Name was taken from Father Ted when Jason Byrne catches Ted with plastic hands for operating Jack in the wheelchair, it became a joke in school when a guy fell asleep and the teacher was trying to wake him up by poking his arm with a ruler but he wouldnt wake up and a friend stood up and shouted "They're fake arms!!", it was very funny, turns out though that Jason Byrne actually said "fake hands" but fake arms sounds funnier. So yep, thats where it comes from 123 is just a easy number

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭BKtje

It is my initials +4 letters of alphabet (ie B becomes F) while second string of letters are my qualifications.

Ok im a complete liar. The B-K is commonly thought to refer to where i used to work (which is incorrect) while the DzR belongs to an organisation i used to be associated with.
    Some people here may know the true meaning (very few) but i keeps it close to my chest these days and it will take more than a thread on after hours to make me give it up! (Watch someone who knows go and ruin my fun now :( ).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

was going to go with bert from the children's program but it was taken so the character from lolita came to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

Mine is what all the rabbits in Watership Down call cars (well any vehicle with an engine).

Watch out for the hrududu little rabbits.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Mine used to be longer but I was refered to as 6th alot so I subscrided and shortened it. Because it starts with a number though I get to be close to the top of the members online list.

I've built up alot of other things built around my username here so I'm stuck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

Even though I was the only Éamonn in my school for the 6 years I was there I got the nickname 'eamoss'. No one called me by my 1st name in school always by my nickname even some of the teachers called me it.

Not sure how it came about but I know who started calling me it and from there its history!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Hrududu wrote:
    Mine is what all the rabbits in Watership Down call cars (well any vehicle with an engine).

Watch out for the hrududu little rabbits.
    I love that book.

That's a great username.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

DesF wrote:
    Erm....it's my name.

It's a shortened of Desmond, which is the name my parents gave the day I was born. My Dad has the same name.

The 'F' is the first initial of my surname, which I also got from my Dad.

Where did the seansouth come from then? From the south?

I might not be as delighted to meet you in the pub next time, until I get to know your new username first :D

Advertisement