Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sagem ITD 4000

• 23-07-2002 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

Does anybody have any detailed information regarding Chorus's set top box of choice for their digital service, namely the Sagem ITD 4000? I got the basic spec.'s from Sagem's site but I was looking for user manuals etc. I'd love to know what the mysterious and tempting RS232 port is used for.......

How much tweakability is there in the 'Set Top Box Installation' menu for Chorus Digital.

Any feedback much appreciated.:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

These are all the settings I can extract from my Sagem:

Does anyone have a clue what any of them mean, represent?

DECODER INFO.
    Boot: BONG4003
    Loader: L456 01 NT40IC13
    Application: CHORUS 2.21@
    Open TV: EN10033
    Nagravision: 5.3.29 2.0.8
    Hardware ID: 57
    Serial ID: 531000763550
    Usage ID: 01

OPERATING INDICATORS.
    OFDM Synchro: YES
    FFT Synchro: YES
    TPS Synchro: YES
    VITERBI Synchro: YES
    BER: <1.0 E-8
    CENTRAL FREQ. OFFSET: -9kHz
    CARRIER to NOISE: 27dB

NETWORK CONFIGURATION: (TRANSPONDER)
    NETWORK NO.: 51
    FREQUENCY IN kHz: 218000
    OFDM MODE: 8K
    MODULATION: QAM64
    CODE RATE: 2/3
    GUARD INTERVAL: 1/32
    BANDWIDTH: 8Mhz
    HIERARCHY INFO.: NONE

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

ozpass try out the tech forum, they might be able to help you :)

I'll do that- thanks. :D

You can set the network type to [scanning], whereupon it'll spend 5 minutes finding all the channels before prompting you for a 'software upgrade' if you select 'cancel' at this point, all the channels are available as before although in a jumbled up order.

I'll be making a serial cable later tonight to see what codes go either way from the RS232 port. I can't believe no-one has tried this before. There's actually nothing available on the internet regarding this......;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 keatom

Hello from spain

I need help about Sagem TDT TV reciver.

In spain one old and desapear TV TDT provider called Quiero TV use the SAGEM ITD4430.

The TV Provider desapear two years ago an give the recivers SAGEM ITD4430 tho the people.

The ITD4430 is the same as ITD 4000

I try to change the software, but dont exist any oficial information about the upgrade o change of software or firmware.

I need your help...you have any software to write or read a flash??is posible upgrade or change the software via RS232 conector?? you have any flash file read from you reciver???

You can read the flash of your reciver??? using a Jtag or a some special software???

Please please please..send me all information posible!!! you are helping a very people in my conuntry!!mi email is SEE PRIVATE

In the web:

http://foros.zackyfiles.com/

One people y try to read and modifi only the eprom for this reciver and modifi the chanel list.

Thanks for your help, best regards

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Okay Keatom, I should caution that what you are asking to do is illegal in the Republic of Ireland and cannot as such really be discussed on this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭chorus techy

ozpass wrote:
    Does anybody have any detailed information regarding Chorus's set top box of choice for their digital service, namely the Sagem ITD 4000? I got the basic spec.'s from Sagem's site but I was looking for user manuals etc. I'd love to know what the mysterious and tempting RS232 port is used for.......

How much tweakability is there in the 'Set Top Box Installation' menu for Chorus Digital.

Any feedback much appreciated.:D

I think the RS232 is there for interactive features (similar to the Sky Gamepads which sky digital has for sky active games) but since chorus don't use interactive, the RS232 ports on boxes aren't used.

There's not much tweakability in the Installation menu, apart from being able to reorganize the EPG to have channels appear in the order you want them. You can also build "Favourite" EPG lists (upto 8 different EPG orders), change the OSD language and on some boxes, lock out the box when it is put into standby, You can also set it to scan for all available channels - this will give you one "extra" channel called "TEST CH" but this channel is just a black screen with no sound. Other than that, there's damn all else.

its ilegal in your country read the flash memory of a digital tv reciver???

i dont kwon

sorry.....

any people try to read the software ot the sagem reciver???

please please need help!!

i no want see or crack pay chanels....i only want see free to air TV in spain whit the software of your sagems recivers.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

To clarify the postion with Irish Chorus recievers...

These recievers and the software on them are Chorus property, and you are breaking the terms and conditions of your cable or MMDS television service by interfering with them or trying to replace the software provided with your own. You are provided with the equipment in order to view the television service supplied and for no other purpose.

If you own the reciever the positon may be different. But no Irish Chorus customer owns their reciever.

• Advertisement

Yes...

But mi "cable or MMDS television service" I desapear...dont exist, give the terminals to the subcribers and close the activity.

I have a own ITD4430.

for this reason in spain the people its working to find a version compatible whit the ITD4430, and your ITD4000 its the same machine but whit diferent "name" or software.

If some people have a own ITD4000 or ICD3000,ICD4000,ICD4000@, and can read the flash or have any new software version and the sofware for upgrade, please send me a private.

I only want discover and learn whit this ITD4430 and use it to see the TDT(television digital terrestre) ist a new service of free television whit digital tecnology, this service start in the next months in all spain.

Thanks for your help, and sorry if i caused some problem and for my poor english, Mr icdg.

best regards

What is wrong with the software already loaded onto the box? Surely the worst it has is the company branding or logos?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 KRiXPiN

Although the ugly logo, we ask u to help one friend trying give back the life to his decoder.

The problem is the memory flash chip is burned and he is trying replace the original one (24lc64) with similar. He has tested with 24lc128/24lc256 but when he writes the flash, the deco swith on, works ok, and after 5/10 min shows ERR07.

At this moment if he read the flash again the result file does not match with the file he saved.. so we´re asking for soft, manuals, experiencies ... about all.

I dont think that nobody has ever investigate with one of these decos:

ITD4000
    ICD3000
    ICD4000
    ICD4000

and it firmware, software, ..

We'll thank a lot any help. ;)

All of the boxes which you list above are no longer in production and have not been made for a long time. Maybe you could contact sagem?

Advertisement