Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where ibb mast's at?

Options
  • 09-01-2006 12:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

hey.. im an ibb user.. got crappy service at the moment.. some days are good - ok but a fair number of days its diabolical (0.5kb)

I know we are on the guinness mast at the moment.. but we used to be on another mast that was better, our aerial got knocked over in the wind and when the lads came round to fix it we were on the guinness mast.. seemingly they couldnt find the signal of the old mast :/ ..believe that to be bcus they couldnt be arsed looking or something..

we have complained about the service for a while now.. at one point we were told we would be changed to another mast that was being erected near us (palmerstown) ..to the point that we were told the maintenance guys would be at our house in half an hour (this is after days o waiting mind) .. then bam ..some lady rings up saying the mast change wont be happening (its not built yet or something) ..that was months ago :/ ...

i dont think we woulda stuck with them so long if it wasnt for the hassle of installing a phoneline or waiting for another installtion crew etc

just wondering if anybody knows where the other ibb masts are in dublin! ...so i can be an informed customer when asking for a mast change..!

masts:

dublin centre-Guinness brewery-gravity bar
    dublin-tallaght-?
    dublin north-cabra-?
    dublin north-clonsilla-train station
    dublin north-ballycoolin-?
    dublin north-blanchardstown-shopping centre
    dublin-3 rock mountain
    dublin south-donnybrook-rte

cork-churchfield
    cork-kilbarry(?)

wicklow-bray

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

The Guiness mast is on that gravity bar on top of the Brewery witch is quite high. Regarding masts that you might be close to best I can think of would be either Tallaght or Cabra would be the clostest that I know of. There may be other city center masts that I dont know of. RTE might even be in range. I know they are putting up a lot of masts around all the same. Out here in D15 they had 2 one in Ballycoolin and one in the shopping center and have now put up a third close to Clonsilla train station. I doubt you are close enough to D15 to get onto any of them though. Oh and there is one in Ballymun and one up on 3 rock mountian. Having dont trace routes of their network they are the only high sites that I know off. Thats not to say there are not more now.

BTW I feel yer pain have had similar bad connections with them, but its going fine for me atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭RekcaH

thanks for the info spooky..

anybody that can add to that?
    lack of south west masts..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 absinth

Cork masts - Churchfield is the one I'm on:

CK02-fe-0-0-1-150-churchfield.irishbroadband.ie [62.231.47.1]

Not sure if Kilbarry is a wireless node:

CK03-fe-0-0-1-30-kilbarry.irishbroadband.ie [87.192.233.41]

Spur Hill is another recent addition, not sure what number or ip though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

Bray has one situated near bray head.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭irlrobins

rte mast in donnybrook....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭pointofnoreturn

absinth wrote:
    CK02-fe-0-0-1-150-churchfield.irishbroadband.ie [62.231.47.1]

CK03-fe-0-0-1-30-kilbarry.irishbroadband.ie [87.192.233.41]

Just a thing to note is that what you see in your Gateway address and Tracert's is not exatly the base station but the router connecting multiple BS and it's sectors, the actual IP's of the Base stations are private IP's in a VLAN, i.e 10.0.xxx.xxx

The Gateway could be for a number of multiple highsites.
    I read up on the Alvarion stuff and the Breeze VL BS can have up to 7 sectors with a maximum of 500 units connecting to each sector. doesn't sound like much room their for connections in Dublin

if your looking for where more masts are in Dublin and the rest of the country check the esbtelecom.ie site.

pointofnoreturn

added... :D ..keep em coming

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

Can't you just get them from their site.

http://www.irishbroadband.ie/coverage.php

EDIT: Well those maps are quite loose to be of much use.
    Cal

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

thank god it's on the wrong side of bray head for most of bray to get the service, me being one of them. i'm glad i couldn't get it now.

@cal: that coverage map is really bad for working out the points of the masts.. i think they usta have the mast positions displayed.. though i may be wrong...

i cant edit my first post with mast list! ..what gives .. 5 edit limit?

masts:

dublin centre -Guinness brewery -gravity bar
    dublin centre -merrion.sq -esb hq
    dublin -tallaght -?
    dublin north -cabra -?
    Dublin north -near phoenix park -Hanlons Corner -
    dublin north -clonsilla -train station
    dublin north -ballycoolin -?
    dublin north -blanchardstown -shopping centre
    dublin -3 rock mountain
    dublin south -donnybrook -rte

cork-churchfield
    cork-kilbarry(?)

wicklow-bray-bray head

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 51bman

On the subject of high sites .i have the misfortune of being aligned with the Clonsilla high site .It has never worked since i was installed on ibb .i have been given various reasons why the high site is not working properly and numerous dates for updates to be installed (see attached email )

Dear Sir/Madam,

We would like to inform you that an upgrade has been carried out on the
    Clonsilla Highsite.
    Please re-test your connection and reply to this mail if you have any
    outstanding issues.
    If we do not hear from you about this matter within 5 working days we
    will assume that the issue is resolved.

We would like to thank you for your patience.

Regards
    2nd Line Technical Support
    Irish Broadband
    :rolleyes:

The problems here in the clonsilla area are dreadful ..The connection speed is so poor that I for one am never on line at all now .it has spoiled my whole net experience and once this connection is gone i will never get broadband again .In fact i am on the verge of getting rid of my computer such is the annoyance with ibb

I have never come across such a tardy company .The aer the pits .As you can see from my name i work for a certain semi state transport company .if our service was half as bad a ibb's the media would have our guts for garters .Joe duffy would have a field day . Is it that the media are afraid of upsetting their friends in ibec or slagging off the captains of industry that we have to suffer a company like this one

Advertisement