Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW on cbg.ie

Options
  • 09-02-2006 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

Was looking on cbg for a 99- 01 5 series and came on this http://www.cbg.ie/Car_detail.asp?CBGID=396536&ID=657430&NumPics=0&Make=BMW&Model=525i%20m&frmFilter=Year
    taught the price ws a typo so requested more info. has serious alarm bells as you can read from the details below.
    He also sent scans of the log books and loads of pics of the car mot and reg details. I reckon its one of those where they just rob the cost of shipping of you.

"Hello,for starters my name is .......... and I am glad you are interested in my car.This car meets all Environmental Regulations in the UNITED KINGDOM and IRELAND its Registration Document was issued by DVLA and it can be registred anytime under your name without a problem.The car is absolutely perfect, never been involved in any type of accident and does not have any mechanical flaws or had any paint or body work done,it has all inspections up to date, hasn't been repaired, the interior is very clean and also is a non smoking car.I live in NETHERLAND now and I came here with the intention to remain for only a few months but in the meanwhile my fiancee and I decided to settle down here.The car cannot be registered in NETHERLAND because of the different standards and then there is the problem of the steering wheel because cars here have it on the left and as a result nobody here is interested in it,which is the reason why I am selling so cheap. The shipping is included in the price,my fiancee works for SAS Cargo and I can arrange to pay only a small sum for the shipping,amount which I will cover myself.The car will reach your address in 5 to 10 days.We will use a safe payment method through Escrow Insurer,I have a a purchase protection account for €10000 and I assume you know what this means. I will wait for your email to let me know if you are interested in knowing more details about the purchase.Thank you

Engine Size: 2,494 cc, Mileage: 52456, MOT Expiration Date: Mar 2006, Date of 1st Registration: 30 May 2002, Transmission: Automatic,Fuel: Petrol.Options: Air Conditioning, Alarm, Alloy Wheels, AM/FM Stereo, Cassette Player, Catalytic Converter, CD Player, Central Locking, Climate Control, Cruise Control, Electric Windows, Leather Seats, Power-assisted Steering (PAS), Tilt Steering Wheel , Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS), Driver Airbag, Electronic Stability Program (ESP), Passenger Airbag, Rear seat belts, Safety Belt Pretensioners, "

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Tell the CBG not us...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

testicle wrote:
    Tell the CBG not us...

Play nice :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

Scam. Avoid. Full Stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

testicle wrote:
    Tell the CBG not us...

This is a FYI cbg wont give a rats as long as the add is paid for

Buyer Beware and all that.

Does the buy and sell care if you recieve a dodgey bank draft?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

bennyc wrote:
    Was looking on cbg for a 99- 01 5 series and came on this http://www.cbg.ie/Car_detail.asp?CBGID=396536&ID=657430&NumPics=0&Make=BMW&Model=525i%20m&frmFilter=Year
    taught the price ws a typo so requested more info. has serious alarm bells as you can read from the details below.
    He also sent scans of the log books and loads of pics of the car mot and reg details. I reckon its one of those where they just rob the cost of shipping of you.

"Hello,for starters my name is .......... and I am glad you are interested in my car.This car meets all Environmental Regulations in the UNITED KINGDOM and IRELAND its Registration Document was issued by DVLA and it can be registred anytime under your name without a problem.The car is absolutely perfect, never been involved in any type of accident and does not have any mechanical flaws or had any paint or body work done,it has all inspections up to date, hasn't been repaired, the interior is very clean and also is a non smoking car.I live in NETHERLAND now and I came here with the intention to remain for only a few months but in the meanwhile my fiancee and I decided to settle down here.The car cannot be registered in NETHERLAND because of the different standards and then there is the problem of the steering wheel because cars here have it on the left and as a result nobody here is interested in it,which is the reason why I am selling so cheap. The shipping is included in the price,my fiancee works for SAS Cargo and I can arrange to pay only a small sum for the shipping,amount which I will cover myself.The car will reach your address in 5 to 10 days.We will use a safe payment method through Escrow Insurer,I have a a purchase protection account for €10000 and I assume you know what this means. I will wait for your email to let me know if you are interested in knowing more details about the purchase.Thank you

Engine Size: 2,494 cc, Mileage: 52456, MOT Expiration Date: Mar 2006, Date of 1st Registration: 30 May 2002, Transmission: Automatic,Fuel: Petrol.Options: Air Conditioning, Alarm, Alloy Wheels, AM/FM Stereo, Cassette Player, Catalytic Converter, CD Player, Central Locking, Climate Control, Cruise Control, Electric Windows, Leather Seats, Power-assisted Steering (PAS), Tilt Steering Wheel , Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS), Driver Airbag, Electronic Stability Program (ESP), Passenger Airbag, Rear seat belts, Safety Belt Pretensioners, "

Yes there are alot of these now appearing in cbg and carzone. The old saying: if it walks like a duck and sounds like a duck then chances are it is a duck. Report it to cbg.ie and they will remove it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,239 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

bennyc wrote:
    This is a FYI cbg wont give a rats as long as the add is paid for

That doesn't seem to be true at all, any of the scam adverts that have been posted here are removed fairly quickly from what I can tell.

For a moment, I thought this thread was about that BMW that has been haunting boards!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

eoin_s wrote:
    That doesn't seem to be true at all, any of the scam adverts that have been posted here are removed fairly quickly from what I can tell.

For a moment, I thought this thread was about that BMW that has been haunting boards!

I forwarded the mail i got into cbg and they deleted it in minutes and sent a thank you mail . So I stand corrected in saying they got give a ....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

There was a similar spate of cars on carzone a few months ago. A colleague of mine spotted an M3 convertible, 2003 (bright yellow), for €15000. Curious, I fired off an email, and got a spiel about the seller needing the money to start up a restaurant in Spain blah blah.

As it happened, there were a few other ridiculously low priced cars for sale that day, so the other two lads fired off emails (from different domains to the one I'd used) and they got back almost identically formatted emails, with the car details the only difference.

The deal was, you paid for the car to a 3rd party (no doubt it was them in reality), and they delivered the car to you. You could inspect it, and send it back / get your cash back if you didnt like it.

We reported them to carzone, and the ads were gone in minutes.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

caveat emptor as they say
    if people are stupid enough to part with money or a valuable car to someone without seeing them then this practice will continue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

nice PR stunt

this is one of the original links

http://www.e46toronto.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=4069

come on guys BMW M3 for 10000 :rolleyes: paint looks good on the seats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BnA

Ratchet wrote:
    nice PR stunt

this is one of the original links

http://www.e46toronto.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=4069

come on guys BMW M3 for 10000 :rolleyes: paint looks good on the seats

Who's the dumb a55.....?

Me tinks it be You...!!!!

BnA wrote:
    Who's the dumb a55.....?

Me tinks it be You...!!!!

blah blah blah

seen this ad the same day it went up on CBG and showed lefthand drive car.
    to days later picture was inverted to be righthand drive.

they could pull that ad anytime but they didn't

• Registered Users Posts: 21,239 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Ratchet wrote:
    blah blah blah

seen this ad the same day it went up on CBG and showed lefthand drive car.
    to days later picture was inverted to be righthand drive.

I think this is a totally different BMW to the "paint" one that has been doing the rounds, this thread seems to be a standard scam ad.
    Ratchet wrote:
    they could pull that ad anytime but they didn't

Funnily enough - 60,000+ hits plus reported in all the papers. Would not be surprised if CBG put this in as a stunt.

:D well the cbg link doesn't work in original post on this is also beemer on cbg.ie

yeah . i was talking about the painted one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Bonnie's Babe

bennyc wrote:

I enquired about a Peugeot 206 Convertible recently and got an almost identical response to the one above. Like you, I thought the price was a typo

Advertisement