Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless Router with ATA Options

• 30-08-2007 6:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hey there.

I'm looking into getting a Wireless router and a VoiP set-up (prob with Blueface) and was wondering what my options are for getting a single device.
    The modem comes with my ISP so I need Router+ATA w/QOS.

So far I've seen:
    D-Link DVG-G1402S - €100 with expansys

AVM Fritz!Box Fon WLAN 7050 - €195 with MarxComputers
    (also has modem which I don't require)

LINKSYS WRT54GP2 - have only seen on eBay USA, available in Ireland?

Are there other devices people can recommend?
    The D-Link seems good value-for-money but the one customer review I saw for it compared it unfavourably with the Linksys.

Also, since I haven't got a phone yet would I be better off getting a VoiP phone and can I just get a regular wireless router to use with it?

Thank in advance,

Daire

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭MickyJoe

If you decide to go for a Fritz!box then the 7050 is no longer being provided by AVM. The 7050 has three phone ports and an ISDN S0 port (to connect to an ISDN PABX) so the replacement for that is the 7170 which now adds a USB host for memory sticks etc and two more ethernet ports.

If you're happy with two phone ports then go for the 7140 which also has the USB Host.

Although you're getting a modem from your ISP you can set the Fritz!box up to look after this (as you're already aware) and you only have one box/PSU etc. The Fritz!Box has good logging facilities for both the VoIP and DSL connections - again all in one location so if you're having problems then you've only one box to check out.

http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&q=avm+7140+7170+ireland&meta=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 dairec

MickyJoe wrote:
    Although you're getting a modem from your ISP you can set the Fritz!box up to look after this (as you're already aware) and you only have one box/PSU etc.
    This would be great except that my connection is wireless with Digiweb.
    Also, since I haven't got a phone yet would I be better off getting a VoiP phone and can I just get a regular wireless router to use with it?
    Anyone have an opinion on this? Wireless phone (w/ builtin ATA) + wireless router vs. Regular phone + wireless router (w/ builtin ATA)

Advertisement