Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walther SP22

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bigred

There was a thread on P22's a few months back giving the lowdown and comparisons to others. As far as I remember, it's not the most accurate, but a good bit of craic. Fire up the search and you wont go wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

The SP22 is a very new pistol. Nobody I know has seen one, but the SP22 M4 is the target version and has a far better grip than the M3 which to be honest is a horribly unbalanced looking thing.

Or maybe just horrible looking :D

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭sixpointfive

Looks the biz, want it now

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Bigest issue I would have with a P22 is the hand grip is tiny, my fingers were falling off the end and I have average hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

I think it's inaccuracy would be a bigger issue Rew :D Even benchrested in RRPC, it wasn't able to hold on the target holder, let alone the target.

• Advertisement

Thats pretty poor alright but for a plinker which is the reason most people buy P22's and the like accuracy isn't top of the list.

Folks; you're confusing the P22:
    2659255.jpg

With the SP22 - M4 (target) version:
    2733234M4.jpg

or M3 version:
    2733226.jpg
    There's also an M1 and M2 version which are much the same as the M3; M1 has a 4" barrel and the M2 is sans weaver rail and other bits that the M3 has.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

The SP22 looks like it's inherited a few design features from the SSP:
    ssp_gross_2700000.jpg

Which hasn't yet proven itself in competition yet either. Doesn't mean it's a bad pistol, just that things like the GSP have a proven track record already so they're a safer bet right now.

Mind you, when the SP22 costs the same as an Izzy smallbore pistol, I think I know which I'd rather buy!

rrpc wrote: »
    Folks; you're confusing the P22

No confusion were just talking about the P22's as no one had seen/shot the other 2.

Sparks wrote: »
    The SP22 looks like it's inherited a few design features from the SSP:

Which hasn't yet proven itself in competition yet either. Doesn't mean it's a bad pistol, just that things like the GSP have a proven track record already so they're a safer bet right now.

Mind you, when the SP22 costs the same as an Izzy smallbore pistol, I think I know which I'd rather buy!

The SSP seems to have been designed as a crossover RF/SP pistol which puts it in the same category as the FAS Domino.

Early teething troubles and the high price has put a lot of people off, even though it theoretically is two guns in one.

The IZH has it's own problems. Parts are hard to come by and it is very fussy about the ammo it eats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I don't know about the rest of you, but I think the M3 is a fantastic looking pistol.

Is the slide operated by the switch looking things on both sides of it?

There isn't a slide, but an internal bolt - a bit like a semi-auto rifle. The two grip things are for cocking it like an external mechanism.

Advertisement