Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astra or Hot Bird

Options
  • 21-01-2008 1:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Hi,

I'm going to get a satellite dish, mainly to catch German channels to study German. Which has better offer of free to air German channels, Astra or Hot Bird? Any other advantages of each ( cost, technical problems, etc )?

Thanks,

J

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Astra 1 best for German.

channel listings on lyngsat.com

Adding the second sat to the dish is not expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Good FTA receivers will do about a week of program listings for many German/Austrian channels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rlogue

A single 80cm dish with a pair of LNBs, one for Astra and one for Hotbird would be ideal, even better would be to put a third LNB up for Astra 2 and get the FTA UK channels as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Puggy

Hey, if your into DIY, putting on a motor (I got a basic one for 70 euro) is also an option. I was a complete newbie back in Sept 2007 when I got a Lidl dish and its all easy enough if your that way inclined.:)

Plus you get more satellites.

Advertisement