Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Error Message 80010414- Just with Star Force Unleashed

• 01-09-2009 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi guys, im just after buying Star Wars The Force Unleashed (Used) and Batman Arkham Asylum in Game at the weekend, I tore into Batman straight away and I totally blown away with it, it really is awesome, however I though I’d give Star Wars a try, but when I tried to start the game, I got an error message on my PS3 80010504.

I Googled this error message and have been informed that’s either

1. A sector of the Hard Disc has failed

2. Firmware incorrectly installed

3. Frigged Blu-Ray diode.

I was a little bit suspicious of these conclusions, as a) all my other games work fine
    And b) I brought down to my neighbours and he had the same problem.

Bought systems are operating on firmware 2.80, would an update to firmware 3.00 solve the problem, or is it a problem with the game disc. I was wondering if anyone out there can help me, or have had a similar experience.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

i hear you, it is the disc drive is ****ed. that error code is a well known drive fault as you seen. if you need a new analog too, just buy the slim.

or the phat if you prefer.. i've just noticed the slim's disc drive has an annoying resonance...

EDIT: no, its the fan. mechanics not the air

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

To the OP:

a) It's a used game
    b) It's not working in your neighbor's machine
    c) All your other games are fine.

It's clearly a dodgy disc!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

f- i just read the error code - DON'T throw out ur PS3!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Peadar_Rua

Lads, got the disc exchanged at GAME, working grand. Thanks for your input!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Good to hear Peadar.

• Advertisement
Advertisement