Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Swedish Army bike

Options
  • 09-10-2009 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

I have an old swedish army bike, the date on it is 1963, well thats the date on the tires and they seem to be the original. I found the cerial number on it aswell. Unfortunally at some stage someone got it and sprayed it red otherwise it is in good condition. I dont have any photos of it at the minute but if you wiki it you ll get the idea, I reckon its the m/42 model.

I was just curious how much something like this is worth or is it just centamental value?

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,868 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I think the general rule on antiques is they tend to get a bit of value when they are over 100 years old - so I reckon it may be worth something in about 54 years:)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭TurloughT

If you're looking to get it back on the road pm me. I have details of a bike shop in sweden that will be able to get you bits 'n' pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Trevor E

Its in pefect cycling condition, its a fixy and it doesn t even have a touch of rust. I was actually thinking of selling it because I m trying to raise some funds for a new racer

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,868 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Trevor E wrote: »
    Its in pefect cycling condition, its a fixy and it doesn t even have a touch of rust. I was actually thinking of selling it because I m trying to raise some funds for a new racer
    I can't see there being a particular buyers market for this type of thing. However you might want to check out ebay to see if there is anything similar for sale - it would at least give you an idea of price (however selling it on ebay may be more difficult, because of the shipping costs associated with something like this - you may be fortunate though, and stumble across someone in Ireland who has an interest in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Doctor Bob

Beasty wrote: »
    you may be fortunate though, and stumble across someone in Ireland who has an interest in it.

*Dr Bob raises his hand*

Don't know what the protocol is re adverts.ie and the forum cycle ads, so I hope I'm not breaking any rules, but I'd be interested if the price is right. (No idea what that price might be...)

Is it one of these? http://www.flickr.com/photos/31992565@N00/sets/72057594058731670/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

It is unlikely to be worth anything as an antique, Swedish army bikes were made in very large numbers and are not uncommon. Basically you are looking at selling it as a working bike to someone who wants one. Have a look here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish_military_bicycle

Advertisement