Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superstar of the Week - Week 5 - Eddie Guerrero

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,060 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

that is all.

the way most people in the wrestling business feel about Eddie is encapsulated in the reaction we see, and i know the reaction everyone at home felt, by this win.

i hope you're still RIP Eddie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Ya, pure legend. Would love to know where he would be if he was still alive.

Match quality, charisma, Eddie had it all. I have some of his od Mexican and japanese stuff at home and he was always great. An innovator even.

The wrestling world is a worse place without him.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,026 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I loved both his feuds with Rey and also JBL even as a heel the crowd loved him

I loved this scene at WM 20

chris-benoit-suicide-eddie-guerrero-dies-of-heart-failure.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

We have all seen it but for those who have not, watch what is probably one of the best heel promo's of the last decade.

His matches with JBL where he made Bradshaw look a star...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

This is also ****ing awesome, his match vs Rey at Halloween Havoc.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xbxedz_eddie-guerrero-vs-rey-mysterio-crui_sport

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Without a doubt the best of his generation and arguably, the best of all time.

He was absolutely amazing in the ring, everything he did had a purpose.

He was great on the mic too. I remember his "addict" promo. Brilliant stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I loved him so so much. He was the the shining light on every who he ever appeared on. one of the all-time greats. He was brilliant at every facet of the wrestling business.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

the definition of the word legend! all round professional, superb worker, great promos face or heel! Taken way too soon! Viva la Raza!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭davrho

Just seeing Eddie's name as superstar of the week has brought a huge smile to my face.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

I really must track down Smackdown from 2002 onwards which I never got to see first time around because it does sound great, and from the few clips I seen is great. Only really seen him consistently during the Latino Heat days and from what I remember he was a solid, fun mid card guy capable of very good matches but nothing too amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Eddie was, without doubt, the very best! His timing, mike work etc were impeccible.

i remember goiing to the RDS some years back, and Eddie was just after turning heel, claiming to be the dad of Rey's son Dominic! ( he even had the best t-shirts - I'm your Papi!!!)

Even though Eddie was portraying the heel charachter, the crowd was 100% behind him!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

one of the best and dearly missed stars :(

i remember Steph or Vince saying after his death that he was going to get another world title reign soon - gone way too soon :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

some great choices so far Liz and Eddie is of course another true legend.

btw ive added links to all the SOTW threads in a 3rd post in the hot links sticky

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Cactus Colm

Eddie was amazing. I thought his run with big Dave was fantastic, and (in my eyes at least) established Batista as a real main eventer.

Eddie could do it all.

but I must admit, I wasn't a fan of the Eddie / Rey feud at all, it was just a bit too silly for my liking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ Agreed, I hated it. Maybe if I watched their matches with the commenarty muted I could have got into it more, but nothing ruins a wrestling match more than "sombre commentary". Their Summerslam 2005 match springs to mind as a classic example of this.

Not to mention the premise of the feud was just daft.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

i think the fact that Eddie was the heel yet still got cheered more than Rey didnt help the feud also

Advertisement