Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superstar of the Week - Week 6 - Hulk Hogan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

he was the first superstar to cross over to movies and he did put wwe on the map - he wasnt great in the ring but watchable i wasnt a big hulkamanic :cool:

i'm not keen on his role in tna currently

• Registered Users Posts: 36,060 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

the reason wrestling is the worldwide phenomenon it is today.

nobody can ever take that away from him.

Austin rescued WWE, and is the greatest all-round superstar ever.

but Hogan blazed the trail.

there always has to be a first, a pioneer.

and that was Hogan.

that will be his legacy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

"I am a real American...." What a song!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

like him / hate him, say what you like about him but the Hulkster had one of the biggest effects any one wrestler will ever have on this industry and is literally unrivalled in terms of how much he has drawn down the years.

hense him being my no.1 pick in the draft :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

he had one of the best songs ever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Whatever his flaws (and they are well-documented) he is responsible for wrestling reaching the level that it did in the 1990s. He then reinvented his character completely and helped spark another great period in the sport. In terms of charisma and look, he had everything. There were more technically gifted wrestlers, of course, but he wasn't the plank that people sometimes make him out to be: indeed, I'd say he was pretty mobile for a man of his size and build.

A great talent that - for all the over-exposure he's had - is owed a debt of gratitude by way more people than will ever pay it.

Advertisement