Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Liverpool/Sunday 21st March/KO 13:30 (Mod note: Post #1 & #770)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

lolz

1606: FULL-TIME Blackburn 0-1 Chelsea

eh, theres 9 minutes gone

john47832 wrote: »
    gotta leave due to the smell of manc around the place - cmon CHELSEA

no please, stay!

post in the united thread with us

i swear you will be our favorite poster

before you go, can you explain exactly what you mean by a smell of manc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

The Muppet wrote: »
    Nobody claims it as Gospel, I posted the link because I was asked for a source for a comment I made and I would't want anyone to think I was trolling by making up such stories, you know how sensitive some people can be around here.;)

I think this comes down to a key difference in mentality. I would never label that story as a "source". That is giving it entirely too much in the way of credit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

kryogen wrote: »
    eh, theres 9 minutes gone

ask bbc.....

Don't let the door hit you on the way out, christ!

"smell of manc"

Such childish rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

kryogen wrote: »
    no please, stay!

post in the united thread with us

i swear you will be our favorite poster

before you go, can you explain exactly what you mean by a smell of manc?

It's like sewerage mixed with stale jaffa cakes. But i'm ok cos i'm wearing a face-mask, Michael Jackson style. Cha'mone!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I think this comes down to a key difference in mentality. I would never label that story as a "source". That is giving it entirely too much in the way of credit.

I can assure it it is the souce for what i posted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Archimedes wrote: »
    Re: "That was never a penalty...."

Page 112 on FIFA's Laws of the Game booklet, accessible here:
    http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/federation/81/42/36/lawsofthegameen.pdf

155087a.png

Mascherano still with a hold of Valencia's hand just as he lets go.....INSIDE the box.

Aergo, STFU and stop your bitching.

He's just holding his hand there. How nice of Masch.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Well done united, deserved overall.

We were very poor 2nd half. United's midfield bossed it.

Fletcher is so important for utd it's not funny. It's amazing he was on the bench for this fixture last year. Fergie has copped on how to play us. Top player, he really is.

Best team won.

Archie, a ninja edit is required re the liverpool player in question

edit- very good :)

• Advertisement

Its tabloid gossip and well you know it.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Cool.

So, on the basis of your source being completely devoid of direct quotes or credibility (given the reputation of the publication), I can conclude that what you posted is utter bull****.

Glad we got that boxed off. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

noodler wrote: »
    Eh, did you lose the same amount of respect for Valenica's theatrical dive? Or maybe Fletcher lashing out at Kuyt?

And I forgot all about Nevelle trying to decapitate Maxi.

UTD were the better team and all but Webb is a strange one.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Well done united, deserved overall.

We were very poor 2nd half. United's midfield bossed it.

Fletcher is so important for utd it's not funny. It's amazing he was on the bench for this fixture last year. Fergie has copped on how to play us. Top player, he really is.

Best team won.

Fletcher arguably the difference between the 2 teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

Don't let the door hit you on the way out, christ!

"smell of manc"

Such childish rubbish.

that better not be directed at my post LL - stay out of the liverpool thread you are no longer welcome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Archimedes wrote: »
    Re: "That was never a penalty...."

Page 112 on FIFA's Laws of the Game booklet, accessible here:
    http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/federation/81/42/36/lawsofthegameen.pdf

155087a.png

Mascherano still with a hold of Valencia's hand just as he lets go.....INSIDE the box.

Aergo, STFU and stop your bitching.

I think Webb tried to give the advantage to Valencia and had a chance of a goal scoring opportunity but when Mascherano pulled him down he gave a penalty and it was the correct decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

As a liverpool fan, its very embarrassing all this talk of hidden agendas regarding ref decisions etc....... WE ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

You cant really fault the team today, Gerrard was exceptionally poor, Johnson looked very sluggish, Masch and Lucas tried to keep it tight. It really is our level now, the better side most certainly won and the sad thing is United were in second gear themselves. We are not most certainly below par, scrapping for 4th is our place.

You can say what you want about players having to do the business on the pitch but there is alot to be said for the system a manager sets out for the way his players play.
    United have lost alot of big players down the years, Cantona, Keane, Ronaldo are just a few but my god as much as I hate Ferguson, he still manages to get his players up to a level to play the same system to a certain extent.

I was saying this earlier, imagine Ji Sung Park or Nani in the liverpool side? They'd more than likely be muck. Wayne Rooney would certainly not be the player he is now under Rafa id put my house on it.
    Before the game looking at their midfield there was not one player in it that would improve us in the system we play. Valencia, Nani, Carrick, Fletcher, Park. These are not top top players, so there is alot to be said for a manager making a team better than the sum of its parts.

This sympathy for Rafa not having money is a load of rubbish aswell. 18m on a right full, lets say 10m on a midfielder he doesnt use (aquilani), 10m on Kuyt, 11.5m on Ryan Babel, 20m on Robbie Keane.
    To earn the right to spend big money you need to prove you get the best out of what you buy. Its pretty simple. And he has certainly not done that.

Time upon time today we got the ball, passed it sideways, showed a distinct lack of creativity on the ball as has become a feature of this managers tactics. We seem to slow the game down when in possession giving opposition loads of time to get their shape back and prevent us from breaking them down.

I feel sorry for Torres to be honest, as our game plan pretty much week in week out is keep it tight, work hard and pump long balls onto his head or in behind for him to work a bit of magic. Now to say that Rafa has developed him as a player is a bit off aswell, imagine him in the United or Arsenal team?? He'd look twice the player. He is playing far below his level at liverpool.

As i said earlier, theres nowt knee jerk about this reaction. We were beaten straight up by the better side, not necessarily by a team of world class players. Rather a team that plays to a system that maximises its strengths. A team with mental strength and good basic abilities to play the ball on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

noodler wrote: »
    And I forgot all about Nevelle trying to decapitate Maxi.

UTD were the better team and all but Webb is a strange one.

What's so strange about pulling out all the stops to ref at the World Cup?

that better not be directed at my post LL - stay out of the liverpool thread you are no longer welcome

That is 100% directed at your post. And I shall post where I like buddy. Just because I like my discourse above the level of your average 10 year old doesn't make me any less of a Liverpool supporter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Anybody else think Glen Johnson was absolutely terrible?? He did sfa. Aquilani barely touched the ball when he came on. Some of Carras defending can only be described by the word "foolish" - fúck me he was all over the place on a number of occasions.

Overall it was terrible to watch, we looked very ordinary for long spells and didn't threaten much.

Congrats to United best team won has to be said.

****ing Brilliant!!!!!

your hilarious!

accept my friend request please :pac:

Cool.

So, on the basis of your source being completely devoid of direct quotes or credibility (given the reputation of the publication), I can conclude that what you posted is utter bull****.

Glad we got that boxed off. :)

:cool: that's you prerogative.

That is 100% directed at your post. And I shall post where I like buddy. Just because I like my discourse above the level of your average 10 year old doesn't make me any less of a Liverpool supporter.

youre a disgrace - stay here with the mancs, such is where you are most comfortable

Ha Ha, It's getting funnier in here by the minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,611 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

lolz

• Advertisement

youre a disgrace - stay here with the mancs, such is where you are most comfortable

epic_facepalm_by_rjth.jpg

you are getting more cringeworthy by the post

(in all seriousness, you would be more comfortable on RAWK, you will never have to deal with reality over there from what i can tell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

the most pathetic post i have read on boards in a long time. HAHAHA!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Threatened to be a classic after 10 mins, never materialised....not that I care. Good result, Carrick still playing some shocking stuff, its like his footballing brain switched off a few months ago.

Lucky Lloyd - countin his thanks from the Mancs :D

IMO it's you who's the disgrace - people such as yourself give LFC fans a bad name with such childish,petulant shít like you've posted on this thread. Grow up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

The thread that keeps on giving

Arch, your OP was spot on after reading the last few pages !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

PaulieC wrote: »
    Anybody else think Glen Johnson was absolutely terrible?? He did sfa. Aquilani barely touched the ball when he came on. Some of Carras defending can only be described by the word "foolish" - fúck me he was all over the place on a number of occasions.

Overall it was terrible to watch, we looked very ordinary for long spells and didn't threaten much.

Congrats to United best team won has to be said.

I think Rafa picked the wrong team today and if he had of started with Babel & Aquilani i think L'pool would have got a point maybe more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I know but it seems he is undroppable by rafa and the english media

And the English FA :D

Lucky Lloyd - countin his thanks from the Mancs :D

331131-didier-drogba.jpg

0.jpg

drogba.jpg

i think i love you

Vanbis wrote: »
    I think Rafa picked the wrong team today and if he had of started with Babel & Aquilani i think L'pool would have got a point maybe more.

I'm with you on that point - Maxi tried very hard to get things going but he just wasn't incisive enough, babel looked some bit threatening when he came on tbf to him. I dunno would Aquilani have made such a difference - we were completely overran in midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

i think Rafa picked the right team today. if we'd have lined out like you're suggesting, we'd have been killed imo.

stay out of the thread you are no longer welcome

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

product-enlarged.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

What have I created.....

• Advertisement

dont think Aquilani would have made too much of a difference in all honesty

Babel did look lively though and i was happy that it wasnt him running atNeville from the start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Thought it was a poor game overall. It sort of reverted to type I guess, very nervy and niggly for lots of it. Alot of frees and generally not much periods of good play or possession.

I thought Torres was abit starved but didn't play all that great anyway. Worked hard. Gerrard was generally quite poor I thought also.

I think Babel certainly should have started ahead of Maxi but hey, that was never gonna happen.

Aquilani was lax when he came on, not what you want from a sub when you're a goal down really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

This is an Irish forum silly.

I literally can't wait for the summer to see what happens...that and I love 99 ice cream cones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Mr Alan wrote: »
    i think Rafa picked the right team today. if we'd have lined out like you're suggesting, we'd have been killed imo.

I agree. I think Liverpool were always going to try and stifle United and then try and create some chances on the counter / nick a goal or two.

They just had a few sluggish performances from some key players, and I think the United players wanted it more tbh. That said, they still could've come away with a point (Torres' two chances in the second half).

The team was fine imo, maybe Babel ahead of Maxi, but other then that whats the problem?

Realistically, Gerrard isnt gonna be dropped

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Mod Note

john47832,don't post in this thread again today please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

I think so. United's wingers did a good job in limiting Johnson and Insua's foray forward. Bar a few hairy moments I thought United defended very well.

Dub13 wrote: »
    Mod Note

john47832,don't post in this thread again today please.

The best post in the last 10 pages!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

these threads are epic encounters tbh

Advertisement