Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boards.ie PW Draft Slammy Award Ceremony

• 25-04-2010 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭

Welcome all to this year's Pro Wrestling Draft Award Ceremony. This year's draft was the most interesting yet with more detailed write-ups and video promos created than the other two years put together. On the red carpet is free agent Jimmy Wang Yang who is hopeful about his chances of getting Vince to drunkenly sign him to WWE again. Failing that he may be seen getting into a limo with Hogan and Bischoff later on. Without further adieu I will announce the winners of the various categories and I would like to invite the winners to make an acceptance speech. If you've won more than one award then obviously you don't have to hog the stage time, just the one post will do. We're all eager to get to the bar and then home for Extreme Rules later :)
    Break-out Writer of the year (For a first time drafter)

Winner: Gerard C.

Honourable mentions go to Dare_2_Defy, Waltersobchak and Jaykhunter who all tied for second place

Best pick

Winner: Sheamus by Gerard C.

Closely followed by the double pick of Scott Hall and Mr. Perfect.
    Comic Writer of the Year

Winner: Gerard C.

Just pipping Bubs 101 by a single vote

The 'Jim Ross Perpetual Slobberknocker' award (Match of the year)

Winner: Dusty Rhodes v Ted DiBiase – Flahavaj

Angle v Perfect was second
    Rivalry of the year

Winner: BWA v MNG v WECWF

Congrats to all involved, this won by a country mile.
    Tag Team of the year

Winners: Motor City Machine Guns (jaykhunter)

Plenty of competition here but a worthy winner.
    Superstar of the year

Winner: Sheamus

The Irishman had two votes, there was a host of other characters with one vote. This goes to show the high standard, congratulations to our very own Celtic Warrior.
    Diva of the year

Winner: Manami Toyota

Somewhere in the back, Jimmy Wang Yang can be heard demanding that her tits be gotten out 'for the lads'. He's perched on Big Show's shoulders with a disposable camera in hand.
    The LOL award (funniest moment)

Winner: The Black n Tans invade Croker

Another close decision but Gerard C. cleans up tonight.

The 'Jimmy Wang Yang' award for most underrated pick/dark horse

Winner: Bryan Danielson – Waltersobchak

The final award of the evening was just as close, Jimmy Wang Yang was meant to be hosting this award but he dived off the stage and assaulted Pete Gas when he shouted at him and claimed that he'll never be a real cowboy.

SexyParty.jpg

The Afterparty takes place in the O.T.B. Hotel/Thread where the various writers can chat and review what was a great draft over a nice cold one.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

wow Ger really cleaned up

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

vince-mcmahon.jpg
    Thank you. Thank you. It is with great pride and satisfaction that I, Vincent Kennedy McMahon, share this award for best rivalry with the BWA and the WECWF.

Of course both these companies should themselves be thanking me for this award for it was Vince McMahon that made it what it was. I am happy however to allow them to bask in my glory.

It's a shame the Draft has run its course as both myself and my corporate champion John Cena would have loved to drive both of those companies into the ground once and for all, and introduce Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff into a very exclusive club if you catch my drift...

With that being said however it would seem the war is over...for now. I'll just be taking the award home now seeing as it was I that really earned it. Thank you and goodnight.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Jaysus not bad for a auld ladeen from the back arse of Tipp! Thanks very much to everyone who voted for me! Well done to the other winners too. I'd say soon the pw draft will be anticipated just as much as Wrestlemania every year!! A big well done to Volt for putting the Slammys together, fair play to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Fair play to ya Ger, you clean up at this and deservedly so.

From all of us, well done to Volt for organizing this. This really complete's the draft and brings it round full circle.

Can't wait for the 2011 edition.

Jimmy Wang Yang = legend:D

If the bar is open, I'll buy the 1st round. Pepsi for me

Ger, for you

Pint-of-Guinnes-PA_114542t.jpg

• Advertisement

Ger, for you

Pint-of-Guinnes-PA_114542t.jpg

Good man, I'll chase it with a small wan when you're ready

• Registered Users Posts: 84,341 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Well done Ger C and the other winners

A great job done by Voltwad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Good man Gerseen, it makes a change for a Tipp man to be getting some good news instead of flaking referees with hurls from the sideline at club matches.:pac:

On behalf of the NWA I'd like to thank everyone who voted for Dusty vs DiBiase as Match of the Year. To anyone who didn't vote ye can go sh*te, I'll find out who ye are and be waiting with the hurls. Dusty and Ted can't be here to accept the award as theyre away filming with the Ballynagusset crew. Mike Awesome, in the role of tinker mick Connors will instead accept the award.
    Tanks very much boss for the award. They've written down some payple I'm supposed ta thank but I wouldn't be the besht at the aul raydin'. Too busy courtin the sister when I should've been learnin' the books. I'd just like to say that I'm very grateful to everyone here for lettin me into the buildin tonight as usually I have firece trouble gettin served at any bar in town. Has anyone a few pennies for the babbies at home and to pay for a bit of insurance on the aul Hiace? The tires on her are as bald as me arse was the first day I took a fierce baytin off the aul fella for gettin caught stealin conkers below in hassets field. He's some man to box so he is. Not that I'd be afraid to take a schkelp out of a man me self of sourse, King of the Tinkers Ballyhaunis 1982-1986, they were as afraid of the smell of neglect as they were of me fists......

"Music starts to drown out Mikeys drunken peasant babblings*

Anyone want some??

jameson-whiskey.jpg

flahavaj wrote: »
    Good man Gerseen, it makes a change for a Tipp man to be getting some good news instead of flaking referees with hurls from the sideline at club matches.:pac:

On behalf of the NWA I'd like to thank everyone who voted for Dusty vs DiBiase as Match of the Year. To anyone who didn't vote ye can go sh*te, I'll find out who ye are and be waiting with the hurls. Dusty and Ted can't be here to accept the award as theyre away filming with the Ballynagusset crew. Mike Awesome, in the role of tinker mick Connors will instead accept the award.

"Music starts to drown out Mikeys drunken peasant babblings*

Tellin ya boy, if WWE had any sense they'd hire Willie Barrett to be the head ref on Raw. That man wouldnt take guff from anyone. Life on the line when the whistle is around the neck.

• Advertisement
Advertisement