Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Superstar of the Week - Week 12 - Bobby The Brain Heenan

Options
  • 03-06-2010 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84,983 ✭✭✭✭

bobby-the-brain-heenan.jpg

A great manager and commentator, one of best ever on the mic

Some of my favorite "Heenanisms"

On the Bushwackers
    "They're living proof that the 3 stooges had children"

HBK heel turn.
    The Rockers had been teasing a split for weeks when the two appeared on the Barber Shop to settle their differences. Michaels outstretched his hand to shake Jannetty's, Jannetty in turn shook his hand back.

Heenan: That's good.... they need each other, one without the other just isn't the same....
    - Michaels then delivers a superkick to Jannetty
    Heenan: I KNEW HE WAS GOING TO DO THAT, I JUST KNEW HE WAS GOING TO DO THAT! HE DON'T NEED JANNETTY!

Monsoon: Are you kidding? What a dispicable act that was!

- Michaels then picks up Jannetty and throws him throw the barber shop window.

Monsoon: Right through the glass window of the barber shop!

Heenan: Jannetty tried to dive through the window to escape!!!

Monsoon: Are you blind!?!

Heenan: What an act of cowardism

Some many many to choose from :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Great choice this week Liz:cool:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

a man like Bobby 'The Brain' is something truely lacking from the WWE these days.

added to the hot links sticky

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xynzf_bret-hart-vs-shawn-michaels-sseries_sport

Love Heenans commentary in this. "He's ahead on points!" is still one of my favourite pieces of commentary ever. Vinces reaction to it is priceless too.

EDIT: It's also my personal favourite match that the two of them ever had.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

So full of win, a total legend. Great manager in his day for WWF/E but some of his best zingers came working at WCW.

Just a few great quotes:

Tony Schiavone: "Scott Hall is looking a little better this week."
    Bobby Heenan: "It's only Monday."

(After Rey Mysterio, Jr. unmasks)
    "It's Leave it to Beaver!"

"Stu Hart trained all his kids--only three of them use the litter box."

"I know all about cheating. I've had six very successful marriages."

Gorilla, "Why isn't Tito going in there to help his partner??"
    Bobby, "Because immagration's sitting in the front row!"

Bobby Heenan (As Eddie G is writhing in pain): "That's not the first time he's been on the ground holding his stomach."
    Tony Schiavone: "Huh?"
    Bobby Heenan: "Obviously you've never had any of Mrs. Gurrero's chili."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Apparently he was even better in the AWA.

A true legend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

wwe and tna are seriously lacking someone even with half his talent a legend he is

hows his health these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

hows his health these days?

I haven't heard anything online about him in a fair while. He's been through alot over the last few years and the last I heard he was having to re-learn how to speak due to the throat cancer and his jaw being reconstructed.

Just found this on Wikipedia:
    By 2010, Heenan's jaw infection was completely eradicated. He appeared at TNA Lockdown fanfest on April 17, 2010. Heenan is now unable to speak, and is physically unrecognizable from his 90's heyday.

Very, very sad.

cid_X_MA1_1261362820@aol.jpg

Sad really is an understatement:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Will there ever be a proper heel stable like Heenan had ever again? I doubt it. When you had Monsoon and Heenan commentating you were guaranteed something to laugh about even if the event was poor.

Bobby: You know, if you want to be fair to Flair, you've gotta be fair and
    say that's heck of a robe. Only a man as fair as Flair, would show up
    at Wrestlemania..
    Gorilla: WILL YOU STOP!

Great at ripping the piss out of the faces or anyone really. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

bobby the brain the best manager and colour commetater ever in wrestling and probaley the funniest person too sad to see him suffer through his illness these days

• Advertisement

Source: Pwinsider.com

WWE Hall of Famer Bobby Heenan has suffered several injuries in the last several weeks.

Heenan fell several weeks ago and broke his hip. While in rehabilitation, he slipped and suffered a broken shoulder as well as a fractured hip. Heenan will now have surgery on August 4th for the broken shoulder.

Due to these injuries, Heenan has been forced out of his appearance at the NWA Legends Fan Convention. He was originally going to attend the convention in a wheel chair.

:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 84,983 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Source: Pwinsider.com

WWE Hall of Famer Bobby Heenan has suffered several injuries in the last several weeks.

Heenan fell several weeks ago and broke his hip. While in rehabilitation, he slipped and suffered a broken shoulder as well as a fractured hip. Heenan will now have surgery on August 4th for the broken shoulder.

Due to these injuries, Heenan has been forced out of his appearance at the NWA Legends Fan Convention. He was originally going to attend the convention in a wheel chair.

:(:(

I dont think he can take much more surgeries tbh he is so frail :(

• Registered Users Posts: 36,050 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

the word legend is thrown around a lot; but the man is exactly that.

a legend.

as long as i live i'll never forget his commentary for Royal Rumble 1992. ever. it encompassed everything that was good about him.

utterly compelling.

at any point Flair looks in danger: 'TAKE A WALK! TAKE A WALK!'

Roddy Piper makes his way to the ring: 'aw no! anyone but him!'

as people have said...soooo many to choose from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

SlickRic wrote: »
    as long as i live i'll never forget his commentary for Royal Rumble 1992. ever. it encompassed everything that was good about him.

Perfect heel commentating. Might watch this tomorrow actually. Sounds like a plan in fact

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭davrho

"WWE is working on a DVD release profiling the one and only Bobby "The Brain" Heenan. The DVD dedicated to the WWE Hall of Famer will be released on 12/18. I have to say, I was excited to hear about this one."

Took this off a US site so not sure if it's true.

Heenan's antics would have been on a fair bit when I first starting watching wwf. One of my early video's is of him playing a round of golf as they introduce the matches. Obviously he was fecking up and cheating the whole way round.

Rumble 1992 was great commentry as was WMIX. His slapstick comedy and one liners was a lot better than these attempts at humour now.

WWE could be doing with someone like this around now.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,050 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

gimmick wrote: »
    Perfect heel commentating. Might watch this tomorrow actually. Sounds like a plan in fact

i watched it myself this morning.

so f*cking epic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

the word legend is thrown around a lot; but the man is exactly that.

a legend.

utterly compelling.

at any point Flair looks in danger: 'TAKE A WALK! TAKE A WALK!'

Roddy Piper makes his way to the ring: 'aw no! anyone but him!'

as people have said...soooo many to choose from.

Best Rumble match ever IMO, just brilliant.

"ITS NOT FAIR TO FLAIR, ITS NOT FAIR TO FLAIR!!!"

F*ck it, I'm going watching it now.:pac:

Advertisement