Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Howth Hill TT, Tue 17 Aug 2010, 7pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Sorry but will be in work until about 8.30 so will have to skip, best of luck to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Will also have to join the DNS list due to family commitments. Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭rughdh

Can't make it myself either. Good luck and enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Jayzis, is anyone gonna be there at all at all?

Well, I won't be anyway. My legs are still not recovered from the weekend's exertions and I need them properly fresh if I'm not to embarrass myself on Thursday.

Good luck to whoever gives it a go!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

Im still in work so thats me out , thats funny tom my legs are still wrecked !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

levitronix wrote: »
    Im still in work so thats me out , thats funny tom my legs are still wrecked !

Probably from all your powering off over the horizon. That's the only reason I didn't feel tired, I was able to sit in behind you for long stretches :)

Good training for thursday, I'll be doing a lot of hiding!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Just back - sub ten minutes.:):):)
    Great to finally meet some Boardsies on a spin instead of shouting at them from my taxi.
    Thanks to the two lads for the time keeping - sorry I didn't get your names.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 15,509 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Just back, big thanks to the guys who looked after the time keeping. Good turnout, was there 30? and I think nearly everybody was sub 10, but I didn't get all the times.

Fastest was 6:53 or something like that which is really impressive.

Looking forward to seeing the final times

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

+1 thanks to the two lads for volunteering

Who did 6:53?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Thanks to Olly (I think) and Mr Cervelo at the top for time keeping
    Who did 6:53?

Someone a lot faster than me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

Yeah - fair play to the lads who did the timing. Reckon we'd still have been there looking at each other if oflahero hadn't taken control. I thought someone said the name of the guy who did 6.53 was "amjohn" but a search doesn't raise that username. Think there was 22 there - apart from "marshall no. 2" who went up a few mins in advance, the starting minute was 7.30 and last minute was 7.50.

Tawfeeredux did 7:12 (so he certainly was being honest about his self-timed efforts).

I did 8:45 - 5 seconds quicker than my effort a couple of weeks ago. I'm happy enough with that, particularly after Sunday's odyssey.

UCD were running a TT over the same course also - hope we didn't get in their way too much.

Nice to put faces to some of the names and hope to see you again at other such events.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭ullu

I can only echo the thanks already expressed to the timekeepers.

8:10 for me, fairly happy as it's over a minute faster than the only time I've done it previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

Times are up at https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Al9kjEwXA_hedEQ0ZEw1S3pMVHVIYkdYRG8yTzZjNFE&hl=en&authkey=CJbI14kF
    Sort of anyway. Still working through my scribbles. And they currently are in order of people to the top.

The rows without numbers/names, please feel free to let me know who you were. Some of them were the UCD guys. Please point out any mistakes in calculations too :)

From my run up,

Distance: 3.72km
    Climb: 103.7m

My time of 7:32 was with an average speed of 29.6km/h, average power of 396W.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

32 is diarmuid and 33 is me I think

32 is diarmuid and 33 is me I think

I have 33 down as Hermy on the page? 31 and 32 were blank?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Ryaner wrote: »
    I have 33 down as Hermy on the page? 31 and 32 were blank?

I'm 31.:)

EDIT: Was I not 9:43.:(

Genealogy Forum Mod

Thanks. Have added a second sheet with times in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭thereturn

Thanks for organising this. My time wasn't recorded as I didn't shout my number (39) at the top. Anyway enjoyable experience. Thanks particularly to fella at bottom of climb who organised most of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I thought someone said the name of the guy who did 6.53 was "amjohn" but a search doesn't raise that username.

amjon, I think

thereturn wrote: »
    Thanks for organising this. My time wasn't recorded as I didn't shout my number (39) at the top. Anyway enjoyable experience. Thanks particularly to fella at bottom of climb who organised most of it.

Apologises about that, as I'm sure you can see, quite a few people were flying by by the numbers. If you have a rough idea where your time was, you should be able to pick it out on the list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭MarkG1975

thanks to the two lads who organised,Ryaner and ?. i fin on 8.14 knockin 17 secs off best time on mtb, im down as marshys but its MarkG1975, cheers guys

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭thereturn

Ryaner wrote: »
    Apologises about that, as I'm sure you can see, quite a few people were flying by by the numbers. If you have a rough idea where your time was, you should be able to pick it out on the list.
    No worries at all. Thanks for your work

I thought someone said the name of the guy who did 6.53 was "amjohn" but a search doesn't raise that username.
    I finally broke the 400 watt barrier in the local club 10, held 407 watts for a 22:23-a new time pb aswell.
    'nuff said ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Errm, my listed time or 9:14 seems a little fast. My self-timing came out at 11:31.

Well pleased with that as I knocked 25 sec off my previous best...

Nice to see y'all.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭oflahero

Well that was lots of fun. I got the good job being Cilla Black, interviewing everyone on the start line before setting them off inexpertly. Cheers to Ryaner for being the Morecambe to my Wise up at the summit with the Garmin.

Special mention to amjon who started magnificently by peeling off his jacket to reveal The Skinsuit, thrusting the jacket at me saying "hold that" and grumbling how TTs in England were organised in a superior fashion. This was all thoroughly justified by an awesome time of 6:53. Hope you got the jacket back - I stuck it in the hedge by the starting gate.

Some savage times all round, things like this really bring out the dark horses. Where did Skeff skulk off to? I think he Judased on us with the UCD crowd instead.

oflahero wrote: »
    Special mention to amjon who started magnificently by peeling off his jacket to reveal The Skinsuit, thrusting the jacket at me saying "hold that" and grumbling how TTs in England were organised in a superior fashion.
    Savage time for sure! I spotted the skinsuit on my way down but thought it was part of the UCD race. He can really show us how's it's done in England by organising the next boards.ie hillclimb. Good man amjon !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

Thought it was funny when oflahero told me that amjon was a bit particular at the start* and that "he wanted to be held".

Don't we all.

*agree that a little fussiness is more than justified by the epic time

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Errm, my listed time or 9:14 seems a little fast. My self-timing came out at 11:31.

Well pleased with that as I knocked 25 sec off my previous best...

Nice to see y'all.

Updated. A case of bad maths on my part.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,711 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

UCD were running a TT over the same course also - hope we they didn't get in their our way too much.
    FYP

Bleedin' students - don't they ever log onto Boards? I'm sure we must have booked the hill first:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭pprendeville

had a great evening. happy with my time. some seriously good times there by the all of you.

priviliged to meet honkjelly aka crazy guy on a bike who's doing the 3 grand tours. best of luck to ya mate in the vuelta. nearly fell of the bike when you told me who you were.

Advertisement