Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In The Pit #3 - Mushy

Options
  • 05-10-2010 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

It's time for another In The Pit so next on the list is Mushy -

A quick recap of the rules:
    1. Questions should be Rock & Metal related although some leeway is allowed.
    2. Let's not have questions that are too personal. The poster doesn't have to answer anything they don't want to and as moderator I suppose I'll have the final say if something is appropriate or not.
    3. Don't discuss any of the answers on the thread and only the poster should be answering the questions.

Hopefully that's clear enough so let the questions commence...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I might as well put up what I asked last time:

What got you into Rock & Metal in the first place and what keeps you interested in it?
    How did you come across the Rock & Metal forum on Boards?
    What keeps you coming back to the forum?
    What do you do when you're not rocking out?
    What album do you feel had the greatest impact on you?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

What has been your favourite album out this year?

What was your first big name rock/metal gig you attended?

What band/artist in rock/metal can you not stand the most?

What other sections of boards do you frequent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Who is your all time favourite musician, and why? (yes, including vocalists if applicable)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Mushy if someone put a gun to your head and said to you "from now on can only ever listen to either Opeth or Porcupine Tree" Which band would you choose and why? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Mushy if someone put a gun to your head and said to you "from now on can only ever listen to either Opeth or Porcupine Tree" Which band would you choose and why? :pac:
    Ooooh, good one. I might as well ask what I asked to Max Power;

If you could form a Super-group of 4/5/6 DEAD Rock & Metal musicians, who'd be in it and what would it be called?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Errrrr, Who is your most favourite person from the music business ever, doesn't even have to be metal

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

If you could kill Justin Bieber in any way you choose, what way would it be?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Harrocks

What in your opinion is the best debut album of all time all genres inclusive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Black Magician

What do you think of this song?

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

When replying to any of these questions do you ever ask yourself why ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Jemmaa

How was your day offline Mushy? Can you feel we're thinking of you when you're drinking with your friends :D

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

What is the worst rock album you ever heard?

What is the worst metal album you've ever heard?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,203 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

How did you react when you heard Porcupine Tree were playing here? :D

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

You have alot of work ahead of you answering all these questions. Will you answer them or will you pretend you didnt see the thread?

Do you raise your sword in the name of good or in the name of evil?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

sign of the devil or sign of the hammer??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

What was your first rock/metal album and how old were you when you got it?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,135 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Malice_ wrote: »
    I might as well put up what I asked last time:

What got you into Rock & Metal in the first place and what keeps you interested in it?
    How did you come across the Rock & Metal forum on Boards?
    What keeps you coming back to the forum?
    What do you do when you're not rocking out?
    What album do you feel had the greatest impact on you?

Eh my brother first played Until It Sleeps (think the S&M version), so got into that, then Kill 'Em All. Was leaning towards heavy stuff, but then sold my Metallica '04 ticket cos of Slipknot. I then heard Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains & Smashing Pumpkins that day so its been more rock oriented from then.

Well love music in general, so seemed a logical place. Signed up cos of the Oxegen/MCD debacle here...fun times. Keep coming back cos of the interest and the good discussion/games that go on.

Ah I work a bit (although I do get to rock out there alright), watch a lot of sport, typical early-20s stuff really.

Greatest impact album....Train of Thought by DT (got me into prog and its awesomeness), AIC's Greatest Hits (first time hearing it and I was obsessed. Cant rule out S&M though, back in the early days.
    Denny M wrote: »
    What has been your favourite album out this year?

What was your first big name rock/metal gig you attended?

What band/artist in rock/metal can you not stand the most?

What other sections of boards do you frequent?

Not much has interested me this year, but from the bits I've heard, I'd say Anathema or Deftones.

First gig I ever attended was Metallica in 2003, fairly awesome experience.

Really hate SLipknot, find them horribly over-rated, same with most/all scene type bands who be big for 2/3 songs.

Soccer, Gigs, After Hours, GAA would be my most visited I'm sure.

And I will get to answer all questions, haven't been online much this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

biscuit or cake?

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Who is your all time favourite musician, and why? (yes, including vocalists if applicable)

I'd go qith either Gavin Harrison or Josh Homme. Love how they go about their business, can keep awesome grooves, can be very simplistic but in a way that oozes cool.

Did I ever say I hate you?:pac: Can we compromise and say anything Steve Wilson has worked on?;)

Nailz wrote: »
    Ooooh, good one. I might as well ask what I asked to Max Power;

If you could form a Super-group of 4/5/6 DEAD Rock & Metal musicians, who'd be in it and what would it be called?

Oh god this would be very tough.

John Bonham - Drums
    John Entwistle - Bass
    Randy Rhoads - Guitars
    Jim Morrison - Vocals

Band Name: Has to be something awful....'I shot (JJ)JR'. Please say somebody gets it.

scudzilla wrote: »
    Errrrr, Who is your most favourite person from the music business ever, doesn't even have to be metal

Mikael Akerfeldt actually, just very down to earth, very funny. Love the stories now emerging of him and Steve Wilson drinking wine writing music....I just imagine him with a wine glass and think 'nope!'.

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    If you could kill Justin Bieber in any way you choose, what way would it be?

Send him on that North Korean tour he promised his 'fans'.
    Harrocks wrote: »
    What in your opinion is the best debut album of all time all genres inclusive?

I'll go with probably my favourite, so QotSA's self-titled. It really has lasted the test of time.

What do you think of this song?

:P

Some cool riffage at start, but then what I will lightly call the singing starts, and just descends into a cluster**** of noise.
    RayCon wrote: »
    When replying to any of these questions do you ever ask yourself why ?

Oh all the time.

What is the worst rock album you ever heard?

What is the worst metal album you've ever heard?

Anything by bands like All Time Low or Bring Me the Horizon. I'm sorry but they are not rock music. They have one or two popular songs that get them noticed, the 14/15 year olds claim them as 'best band ever' material, and then they fade off the face off the earth, making people like me happy. So pop-rock are all bad albums haha.

Worst metal album...ya know, as much as I prefer rock-oriented music, I think there aren't so many 'bad' metal bands, its just I dont like them. Tough to say, hope I can come back with a proper answer though.
    How did you react when you heard Porcupine Tree were playing here? :D

Ya know, I'd been looking for them to announce an Irish date from February, once they said they were coming back to countries they hadn't played in long time. ALong came a nice Summer Saturday evening, and I said 'screw it, nothing will be announced, I'll go the match'. Came back from said match to find they'd announced...bizarre! Was then truly ecstatic, with the biggest smile ever on my face, turning their music up way too loud:D

You have alot of work ahead of you answering all these questions. Will you answer them or will you pretend you didnt see the thread?

Do you raise your sword in the name of good or in the name of evil?

I'm answering them like a man:D

I'll go with name of good...feel like I'm with stryper now!

sign of the devil or sign of the hammer??

Mainly hammer, but I'm just as easy with the devil.
    Nea wrote: »
    What was your first rock/metal album and how old were you when you got it?

Cringe-worthy, think it was Papa Roach's one, or Limp Bizkits one, around 2001, on my Confirmation Day haha. Thank Christ was only a few months later till I found Metallica (prob still too long). SO I was 12 when getting that. Thats for myself though. The true first rock/metal album I bought was Ride The Lightning for my brother for his b/day:cool:

Zombienosh wrote: »
    biscuit or cake?

Cake. Had awesome Mario cake for my birthday last weekend. Mmmm....tea and cake!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

What's your favourite guitar?
    What's your favourite genre outside of Rock & Metal?

Jako8 wrote: »
    What's your favourite guitar?
    What's your favourite genre outside of Rock & Metal?

Regarding guitar, tough for me to say as I don't play them. Like the looks/sounds of Paul Reed Smith guitars though.

Guess I'd have to say electronic. Stuff like Aphex Twin. Not that I have any albums, but that will change. But have easy access to it through work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

If you could erase one band from existence, who would it be?

• Advertisement

Zombienosh wrote: »
    If you could erase one band from existence, who would it be?

Can it be the one that first gave Simon Cowell his big break? I'd say them if the consequences were also eliminated.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement