Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In The Pit #4 - scudzilla

Options
  • 12-10-2010 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

Here is the latest In The Pit. The next victim volunteer on the list is scudzilla -

A quick recap of the rules:
    1. Questions should be Rock & Metal related although some leeway is allowed.
    2. Let's not have questions that are too personal. The poster doesn't have to answer anything they don't want to and as moderator I suppose I'll have the final say if something is appropriate or not.
    3. Don't discuss any of the answers on the thread and only the poster should be answering the questions.

Hopefully that's clear enough so let the questions commence...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

What got you into Rock & Metal in the first place and what keeps you interested in it?
    How did you come across the Rock & Metal forum on Boards?
    What keeps you coming back to the forum?
    What do you do when you're not rocking out?
    What album do you feel had the greatest impact on you?
    Where did your username come from?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

What has been your favourite album out this year?

What was your first big name rock/metal gig you attended?

What band/artist in rock/metal can you not stand the most?

What other sections of boards do you frequent?

Do you prefer rock or metal, and which sub-genre of them is your favorite?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Malice_ wrote: »
    Damn, malice_ stole my first question.

What was the last album you bought?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Scudzilla.. Who are the most underrated band on the planet? who are the most overrated band on the planet? and why? to both..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

If you could form a Super-group of 4/5/6 DEAD Rock & Metal musicians, who'd be in it and what would it be called?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Has a band ever inspired you to take up playing an instrument and if not, who do you think is the most talented musican knocking about the world of rock/metal (dead or alive)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

are you brave enough to post a picture of yourself in full metal regalia from back in the day? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Black Magician

what do you think of this video?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Fibbers(new or old) or Bruxelles?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

What got you into Rock & Metal in the first place and what keeps you interested in it?

I went with some older friends when i was 14 to Donington in 1985, Headlined by ZZ Top, Metallica low down on the bill, i was just hooked from there i suppose. Still into it as just fcukin love the buzz of a live gig and hearing some awesome new shiit from a brand new band.
    How did you come across the Rock & Metal forum on Boards?

I was a lurker and then just started posting, mainly in the MMA section, then subscribed to the Rock & Metal forum
    What keeps you coming back to the forum?

To keep in touch wit whats going on, and to have a good old argument ;) Although i tend to not argue as much here since i got banned from a few other forums
    What do you do when you're not rocking out?

Just chill out, taking the pup for walks, going back to Wales to see me kids, pretty simple really
    What album do you feel had the greatest impact on you?

Without a doubt, Master of Puppets by my fav ever band Metallica, totally broke the mould.

My nickname is scud, so it's an extension of that, i got scudzilla at Yahoo, Gmail and more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

If you were a cagefighter/boxer and you had to pick a metal song for your entrance what would ya pick?:pac:

Denny M wrote: »
    What has been your favourite album out this year?

What was your first big name rock/metal gig you attended?

What band/artist in rock/metal can you not stand the most?

What other sections of boards do you frequent?

Do you prefer rock or metal, and which sub-genre of them is your favorite?

Best album this year? Toss up between A7x & Stone Sour, i'd say Stone Sour pips it though

First big gig i attended was Donington '85, Line up was ZZ Top, Marillion, Bon Jovi, Metallica, Ratt & Magnum. That was the gig that set me up as a life long metalhead. First EVER gig though was in 1982, i was 11 and it was
    Adam & the Ants
    :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hmmm, person/band i can't stand, gonna have to be Axl Rose, total fcukin waste of talent and a real cock to boot, Close behind was the new Ozzy Osbourne, he used to be one of my hero's, met him a couple of times, now though he's just a corporate whore who's strings are being pulled by $harron

On boards ya can find me on the MMA forums quite a lot

Prefer Metal, seems the older i get the more harder i like it, some people go mellower, i go Hatebreed & Cancer Bats

Max Power1 wrote: »

What was the last album you bought?

Last weekend, picked up Ltd Edition of Green Day's 21st Century Breakdown for €3.99. Nice little book and all, bargain

I download most of my music now, i must have spent thousands over the years on music so now i'll DL it and if i like it i'll go and buy it

Scudzilla.. Who are the most underrated band on the planet? who are the most overrated band on the planet? and why? to both..

Tricky one for most underated, gonna have to think about that one.

Most overated have got to be Red Hot Chilli Peppers, IMO every song sounds the fcukin same, and i really can't understand how they sell out stadiums every time they tour??

Nailz wrote: »
    If you could form a Super-group of 4/5/6 DEAD Rock & Metal musicians, who'd be in it and what would it be called?

Nice question

Vocals - Bon Scott (Although RJD would be perfectly acceptable)
    Lead Guitar - Randy Rhoads
    Lead Guitar - Hendrix
    Bass - Clifff Burton
    Drums - John Bonham

No rythm, i think them 2 are more than talented enough to do both lead & Rythm

And i'd call them Dead on Rockers

Has a band ever inspired you to take up playing an instrument and if not, who do you think is the most talented musican knocking about the world of rock/metal (dead or alive)?

One of my biggest regrets is not taking up an instrument when i was younger, Most talented musician alive is Corey Taylor, i admire him for the way he can switch between Slipknot & Stone Sour, the guy lives for metal and is constantly recording/touring.

Most talented musician no longer with us is Cliff Burton, he was way ahead of his fcukin time

are you brave enough to post a picture of yourself in full metal regalia from back in the day? :)

No bother

Back in 1988 when i was 17, days before interweb, i sent a letter to Maurice Jones, organiser of Monsters of Rock, asking him if he could please (wrote please 15,000 times!!! i know, i was a kid!!!) send me a backstage pass.
    2 weeks before the event i got a Guest Pass through the post :D
    The programme i was carrying was signed by Maiden , Kiss, Dave Lee Roth, GnR & Megadeth, lost the fcukin thing when i moved house

Here's the 17yr old me wit Harry

steve88.jpg

In '91 or 92 Radio 1 (UK) had a competition called 31 days in May, giving away a huge prize each day, i phoned in and won
    The prize for that day was a full day paintballin wit Iron Maiden & Thunder, what a fcukin time we had, took 4 mates, beer all payed for by EMI.
    Found Bruce to be a bit of a cock, he was team captain for one game, gave us all instrctions like go this way, flank them there, fcuk that, game starts and we just ran shooting the shiit out of anything, he went fcukin nuts

paintball.jpg

And this is me now, outside of Fibbers, with my wife, who luckily for me is a huge metalhead

dc.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Great pics.

As someone thats been a metal fan for many,many,many :P years,what,if any, is your biggest regret as a metal fan.

Away from rock or metal,whats your ultimate chillout album/group?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

Do you play an instrument?

what do you think of this video?

Nice and viscous, just the way i like it.

Video reminded me of vids from late 80's, early 90's

• Advertisement

lord lucan wrote: »
    Fibbers(new or old) or Bruxelles?

Not been to the New Fibbers, Keep meaning to but not yet got around to it.

Out of the other 2 i'd prefer fibbers, easier for me to get to (From Swords), and a better beer garden.

Zombienosh wrote: »
    If you were a cagefighter/boxer and you had to pick a metal song for your entrance what would ya pick?:pac:

Toss up between Drowning Pool's Bodies (Tacky i know for an MMA entrance) or The theme music from Benny Hill (That would be just toooo fcukin funny)

nedtheshed wrote: »
    Great pics.

As someone thats been a metal fan for many,many,many :P years,what,if any, is your biggest regret as a metal fan.

Away from rock or metal,whats your ultimate chillout album/group?

Biggest regret is not learning an instrument.

Away from Rock/metal there's no album/group that i'll really listen to. I find them all just so fcukin weak.

I got married last year, had the ceremony on a big boat/yacht in Greece, had 30 guests who went over, family and friends and all that bollox.

They were a bit surprised that Mir walked down the aisle to 'Shipping up to Boston' from the Dropkicks, and the wedding music consisted of Metallica, Lizzy, Foo's, AC/DC, The Who etc

Great day though

bazmaiden wrote: »
    Do you play an instrument?

Just me own flute ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

alright scud, just want to say i always enjoy reading your posts on Boards.

If you decided to invade a foreign country of backwards primitive types, what 1 f*cking ear bleeding song would you have blasting from the speakers of your helicopter gunships to intimidate the natives?

bad2dabone wrote: »
    alright scud, just want to say i always enjoy reading your posts on Boards.

If you decided to invade a foreign country of backwards primitive types, what 1 f*cking ear bleeding song would you have blasting from the speakers of your helicopter gunships to intimidate the natives?

So i'm presuming you either mean France or Canada.

If it was France i wouldn't need any music, as soon as they caught a whiff of any gunship they'd surrender.
    Did you know that the ENTIRE French army was immobilized for 3 months last year as France's only White flag factory burnt down

If it was Canada i'd play some Hatebreed or Slipknot, they'd soon give up and leave those poor baby seals alone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Hey Scudzilla!

What were the best and worst gigs you've been to?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

scudzilla wrote: »
    Just me own flute ;)

cool answer bro,

but how come someone so intersted in music for so long never decided to pick up an instrument?

did you ever try?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Right on man, some great answers from you so far!

If you could a new instrument what would that be and what song would you love to be able to play instantly on that instrument? Keep it Metal (not that I didn't expect you to)! :p

• Advertisement

Hey Scudzilla!

What were the best and worst gigs you've been to?

Best gigs, I've a Top 3 for that

Damage Inc (Metallica) at The 100 Club in Oxford Street, London

2 days before Donington 1987, a mate and i decided to head to London as we'd heard from a good source that Metallica would be playing a warm up gig at The 100 Club. We were only 16 and our first time to London, awesome gig, about 400 people in there and hotter than the inside of a Russian Submarine.

Iron Maiden at Donington 1988

Just an awesome day, apart from 2 fans getting killed, Maiden had been tipped to headline Donington for years but it'd never happened, truly great, i dunno if it was the atmosphere and the occasion but i still get chills thinkin bout that.

Metallica, Surprise Appearance on 2nd stage (Tent) at Download 2003

Wasn't planning on going to Donington that year as line up was crap and finances were crapper, heard on the Thurs before that Metallica would be playing a secret set on the Sunday.
    Left the house at 11am, got to Donington at 2, walked straight to the front of the second stage, Metallica came on at 3 i think and it was bedlam, they finished at 4.15 or so, drove home at 5.
    Was a mad gig, if you've ever tried fitting 40,000 people into a 10,000 capacity tent you'd know.

Worst Gigs

Been to plenty of dire gigs in my day but the one that sticks in my mind was Pantera when they headlined Dynamo Festival in Holland, 1998 i think it was.
    I had an AAA pass and had met them in the early afternoon, they all seemed fine, but i think Phil over indulged in the joints and booze. They were fcukin awful, Phil kept forgetting the words and falling over.
    Great festival on the whole though, think Rammstein headlined the first night, A very new S.O.A.D shined, Dynamo was a great festival, shame it stopped, went there 3/4 times

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement