Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Match Thread*** Tues 16/11 19:15 Wes2 -vs- Fabulous Benedictine Monks

Options
  • 15-11-2010 2:32pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭

To give Des a break, are you in or out?
    the Monks are only a point behind so we'll need to put in a good shift like last week to get the 3 points.

Clay - In
    Conor - in
    Keith - In
    Gav - in
    Glenn -
    Jules - In
    Ciaran - in
    Dave B - in
    Ronan D - in
    Gary D - In
    Eamonn - College
    Kenny - in
    Cathal - out
    Eoin - in
    Collie - in
    Anto - in
    Tony - in

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Mall10357

I Am In

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I'm in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

To give Des a break

Cheers Keith, 9 feckin months sitting on me hole, and now I'm working 12 hour days :rolleyes:

Texts going out in the next few mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭murtagh

I'm away with work for the next few weeks lads

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

I'm in, Eamonn's out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

3-2 win, after being 0-2 down and 2-2 at half time.

Windy conditions made it a hard game, and both teams each hit the woodwork.

Goals from Keith, Anto and Gary.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Most importantly 3 points in the bag, but we should never have gave away those 2 goals, they could really have cost us. A good come back and good battling around the pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Savage stuff lads, bit of revenge for them screwing us last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ChopperLambe

Good win tonight lads. I will say the first goal was a simple error by my team mate a lack of judgement that was down to nervous id say playing centre half. The other goal was scored froom an in direct free kick from about 10 yards given from the ref because of a 50/50 tackle . so all in all we got on with it as a team and played or tryed to play football in the bad weather conditions.3 points is the important thing lads lets keep it going. As a defender we scored 3 goals thank god and could have had more but its the 2 goals we conceded, defenders lets get our act together simple is good if the ball is not in our half they cant score.:cool:Well played lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Great battling lads. We proved last week we can play top quality football in the right conditions, but we do need to improve our ability to grind out results in poor conditions and tonight was a good step in the right direction on that.

Anytime you turn a 2-0 loss into a 3-2 win is gonna be something to be very happy with and our spirit was encouraging. We played some lovely football in the 2nd half of the first half and could've even gone to half-time with a lead. It seemed the wind really whipped up a notch in the second half and it was hard to string passes together and it was hard to control the ball with the swirling. We nearly had joy several times from direct balls into the channels and one finally paid off with Gary doing great work to take advantage of a good ball from Keith. Des was right though, we could've tried a few of those (which aren't hopeful hoofs, just smart balls in behind for us to try run onto) a bit more often given it was so difficult to play the ball out of our half. But we got the balance right for the most part.

One thing to note: as the corner taker, I had a perfect view and can confirm without doubt that their keeper did not carry the ball over the line. Just something to note as it's easy to convince ourselves that we've been wronged and it's something to keep in mind as our reaction wasn't going to do us any favours with such a fussy ref.

We have to go into next week expecting to be in a battle unless the weather surprises us and lets us play our game - it's those hard fought points will be priceless.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Funnily enough, I thought the turning point was scoring the goal so quickly after going 2-0 down. From that moment on, Boardeaux were on top with the controversy then following directly from that the 2nd goal where the keeper was rattled.

I thought it was interesting that both teams went for it in the second half with two-on-two upfront for both. And Gary profited...good finish under pressure.

I can also say on the controversial 'goal' that it didn't go in. The net hangs very close to the goalline at the top that can be seen from the goalline. The ball could not have been completely over the line by just touching the net.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Results from Last night:

Bar Real 0 3 Pocket-Rockets
    SS Rovers 0 0 Dublin Devils1
    Templeogue Astros 1 3 F.C Dynamos

That leaves us top on goal difference.

Advertisement