Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Match Thread*** Tues 14/12 20:15 Wes1 -vs- Templeogue Astros

Options
  • 12-12-2010 11:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Last game before the Xmas break.

Clay - in
    Conor - in
    Keith - in
    Gav - in
    Jules - in
    Ciaran - in
    Dave B - in
    Ronan D - in
    Gary D - out
    Eamonn - in
    Kenny - out
    Cathal - in
    Eoin - in
    Collie - in
    Anto - out

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Big game tonight, templeogue astros are always a tough team to play against even given their current league position.
    SS and Standard Life will both most likely pick up 3 points tonight so its important we keep our 2 point advantage going over the xmas break with a win.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

3-2 win, some good passing and movement through the game. Got a bit frantic at the end there but it was a deserved 3 points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

yeah, good 3 points

goals in the first half from Collie and Ciaran, both from headers from Eoin corners it was 2-1 at half time and a goal from Dave in the second half after a bit of ping pong in the box, then they scored with what was the last kick of the game.

We DO have a match next week

We're still 2 points clear after 9 games, 25 goals scored is great, top scorers in the league and we also have the best goal difference with +13.

The game before us was Roys v Dynamos, and Dynamos looked an excellent team who were very unlucky to lose 1-2, they battered Roys really.

That's an excellent first half of the season lads, so well done. We need to keep it up though, it's still very tight.

Any idea of the time next week DES?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Any idea of the time next week DES?

We have a fixtures thread Keith :rolleyes::D

20.15 it is.

• Advertisement

Ninja update there des! Will be good to get another game in before Xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Yeh that was a very assured performance lads - they are a very good team: I think they were missing some of their best players earlier in the league so that explains their league position, but most of them were back tonight and they are a very handy team. It was one of those games that ebbed and flowed with each team going through good phases of possession, and we were good for the 3 points overall.

Every team will be gunning for us now, and we need to ensure that's a good thing cos it'll keep us sharp cos we need to be on firing on all cylinders every game and when we do we play great stuff.

I just wanted to re-emphasise what I said to a few of the lads at the end: one of the unique things about our team is that from day one it's always been about the team above all else. That's why we never have any aggro in the squad and we all play for the team. That Coach Wooden (one of the best US Basketball coaches of all time) quote that I heard recently is the best summation of the ethos that we'vee outlined to the squad at the start and end of each of our 8 or so seasons to-date:
    Great things can happen when no one cares who gets the credit.

The way we all play for each other and generally play the right ball (which sometime is taking the shot on) instead of going for glory plays to our passing strength, so I just thought it'd be timely to mention it again at the half-way stage of the season. Great to hear there's a match next week - both because I'm sure we're all gagging for more games and also as it'll mean we have less time off over Christmas to be getting rusty.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Mall10357

Great Result Last Night And Great Team Peformance And A Fantanstic Save From Yours Truly At the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Mall10357 wrote: »
    Great Result Last Night And Great Team Peformance And A Fantanstic Save From Yours Truly At the end.

Your a gas man Clay! But very true - to get down to your bottom corner so quickly was some feat....their centre-half up with me was cursing you so that shows how good a save it was :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Great position to be in lands. I'm still injured and jealously looking on at you flourishing without me. I miss Clay and his boasting :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement