Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The World's Fastest Growing Sport...

Options
  • 23-11-2011 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

You may be surprised that it's competitive eating. Thanks to America this sport of kings has been catching like wild fire! So much so that this past year, I decided to become Ireland's first competitive eater. The media were more than interested. Membership of the Irish Federation Of Competitive Eaters has more than doubled since an article about me was published by The Irish Star. Competitions at all-you-can-eat buffets are now regular sights around Dublin and I'm even being sponsored as an athlete by a restaurant chain.
    Alway's looking for new members, feel free to join up. All eaters welcome! :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

I obviously have a different definition of 'sport'.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Glutton Number One

Obviously you do. A sporting event is something that the body must be trained to be able to participate in and that pushes the individuals body to a certain limit of physical endurance. Competitive eating most definitely fall's into that category. I guess you're a darts player or something.

If competitive eating is a sport I'm no longer a sportsman.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭Dan man

Is it really the fastest growing sport though? I'm sure the competitors are among the fastest growers alright!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

the fatest growing sport

• Advertisement

Not all competitive eater's are overweight although weight gain is the most common side effect, my waistline can testify to that! But this fitness model and spokesman for Bodybuilding.com is one of America's greatest eaters...

furious-pete_b.jpg

526274_328904437164132_100001337342332_819714_1500482175_n.jpg

Happy Easter folks, eat BIG!

Advertisement